Chapter 8: Revision

I just kept staring at the ceiling, drowning in my thoughts over what just happened.

Why did I just let them leave? That probably wasn’t the best course of action but it’s useless to go after them so soon. Well… what now? Should I just go to sleep and act normally tomorrow? Nah. That’s not gonna work. They’ll probably bug me about today, well tomorrow. And my attitude that time? Haha, yeah, I probably shouldn’t go to school tomorrow. It’s for the better.

Chris simply starts his way upstairs, leaving the tea set on the coffee table, his tea still half full. As he heads up the stairs, he strips off pieces of his clothing, from his shirt, to his pants, until the only thing he's wearing are his trousers. When he finally gets up the stairs, he goes into his room, falls into bed, and slowly becomes more and more drowsy, the blanket nice and warm against the cold air of the house. He gets comfortable, slowly starting to drift off, his thoughts slowing down until eventually the thought of worrying is too tiring.

I can… just worry about them tomorrow. I'll just act norm-

*RING RING*

Suddenly, a phone on the drawer next to Chris starts ringing, jolting him awake, curious to see who the call is from.

Who could it be?

He looks to the screen to find that Sayori is calling him. He has another thought of curiosity before he answers her call.

“Hey… Sayori, what's up?”

“Hey, I just wanted to ask you something if it's not much to ask.”

She sounds curious, like she's heard something about me.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Well, Monika just texted me that Natsuki went to her house, saying that she couldn't go home for the night. What did you do?”

Well word spreads faster than I expected.

“I… might have told her father that she'd stay overnight with me.”

“You WHAT?”

She's irritated at me, though I don't really know why.

“Well, it just seemed like a good idea at the time but…”

“But what?”

“I couldn't go through with my plan. I was gonna start talking about their problems with one another but something just stopped me. Like I didn't want to force them to confess their issues or anything so I just let them leave.”

“...”

“...”

“Next time, you should have a better plan. I was worried that you scared Natsuki off or something.”

“Don't worry, you know I wouldn't do that.”

“Sure. Anyways, what happened to Yuri?”

“She followed Natsuki out the door and went to her house.”

“Why didn't Natsuki go to Yuri's house?”

“I don't know. That's what I've been trying to figure out.”

“Hmm…”

“Also Sayori? I'm probably not going to school tomorrow?”

“Why? Are you sick?”

“No, it's just… I think it'd be awkward to see those two tomorrow, you know?”

“Chris… you can't just skip school.”