Chapter 2: Welcome to the Club!

Well, it’s lunchtime. Various students of different heights, skin tones, and characteristics go around the cafeteria. I’m glad that this world isn’t confined like I thought it was. I’ll brush these thoughts aside for now.

...

I really don’t feel like it’s a good time to meet any of the girls right now so I make my way to the furthest bathroom on campus and go into one of the stalls. Luckily, stalls here are rooms that can’t be easily peaked into or else I wouldn’t have done this. I pull off my pants and bandage a bit to assess the damage I did to my left thigh.

It’s not as bad as I thought but it also isn’t as good as I thought.

The cut isn’t a deep wound but I can see quite a bit of blood still drying on it. Maybe I shouldn’t have overdone it but it’s too late now. Oh well.

I flip my bandage around so it’s a bit more fresh on my leg so the blood can dry more. Good thing I’m wearing dark pants or the stain that appeared near my thigh would be more noticeable. I leave the stall, wash my hands, leave the bathroom and hear the school bell ring.

Damn I didn’t eat.

Whatever. I’ll just run to the cafeteria real quick and bring whatever food I find to the classroom I’m in.

-------------------------------------------------

(3 hours later)

Well it’s time.

Time to go

to

the

Literature

Club.

I feel like I shouldn’t be so calm but in reality, my mind’s racing as I walk up each floor.

Will I be hated immediately?

Will I be liked immediately?

Will one of them have an incident today already?

How hard will it be to fit in with the others?

Will Monika recognize me as soon as I walk in?

Will I gain symptoms from hanging out with them?

Nah, the last question was pretty stupid. As long as I stay considerate and thoughtful, I should be able to overcome their own internal challenges. I hope at least.

Oh yeah.

I go real quick to the vending machine down the hall before going to the club. I almost forgot about Sayori’s prize for winning the race earlier. I put in some money and get her a candy bar and some refreshing apple juice. I put it in my backpack so that it can be a surprise. I slowly walk back up the hall until I see it.

The door open to the literature club.

I take a deep breath, telling myself that everything will be alright and to keep a cool, relaxing mind during the first day.

I go through the door to the club.

Sayori: Hey Chris! You really came!

Chris: I told you I would come, didn’t I?

Chris: It’s not like I would go back on my word.

Sayori: Ahaha. Yeah. Hey everyone! Look who I brought!

Natsuki: …

Natsuki: Ugh, you brought a boy?

Natsuki: Really killed the atmosphere.