Chapter 10: Sickened

Yikes, sorry for having been gone for so long! 😅
If you wanna chat with me or message about things I could improve in my FanFic, just dm my Instagram at protagonist.chr ^~^

...

...

My vision... it hurts to see. Everything around me is so bright... and warm...

He was in a room where four other girls occupied, the group all looking worriedly at him before he started waking up in a desk, stirring in his chair slightly, his body trembling slightly as he looked up, disoriented and adjusting to the light.

The peach-haired girl went up to him first, putting her hand on his forehead, leaning into his face as she checked out how he was as the rest stared at her in the meanwhile.

"Are you okay?! One minute we were just all talking to one another, and the next minute you were collapsing on the ground!" Sayori exclaimed in panicked worriedness, making exaggerated hand gestures and motions. Her face was slightly pale as she stared at Chris, trembling in fear for him.

"Shut uppp! He needs room to breathe!" The most petite girl in the club tugged Sayori behind her back as she put up a fight, her trying to slip out of Natsuki's grip. "Stop panicking so much!"

My gosh.. How badly did that seem.. when I collapsed..?

He tried to get up but ended up slumping into his desk just as quickly, needing to catch his breath, the boy's head feeling heavy and dead.

The shy, reserved one noticed his weakness as Monika and Natsuki worked to calm Sayori down by giving her reassurance and encouraging words about how he'll be, its effects slowly seeping in.

"How are you feeling, Chris?" Yuri said as she sat down next to him, shyly putting her hand on his forehead, her eyes widened at realizing it was.

"I feel.. exhausted and tired.." Chris looked up at her and slowly blinked as everything still seemed distant and unreal, like it was an imaginary place that he was in. In an awkward turn of events, he moved his finger and poked her chest, making the girl blush darkly and squeal out in embarrassment, the other girls staring in silence.

"Chris, what the heck!" She gave him a firm slap on the cheek, regretting it as she saw him weaken and fall unconscious again, panicking as she shook him gently. "Chris?"

...

...

...

She backed away from him as the others stared awkwardly, Yuri trembled out of fear and embarrassment, Sayori with confusion, Natsuki with a sense of neutrality, and Monika just facepalming.

Monika went over to Chris and gently picked his slender body up, slowly making small, paced footsteps to the door. "Don't worry everyone, I'll just take him to my house and treat him~ he doesn't look like he's well enough to join us anyways.

They all nodded their heads and waved to her as she waved back, saying their last words before Monika and Chris would disappear again.

N: "Make sure that you don't screw him up more."

S: "Take good care of him!"

Y: "P-Please apologize to him about my mistake.."

The confident girl giggled and nodded her head before making her way through the deserted hallways, going through the back exit of the school, now exposed to the smooth, lukewarm afternoon air. Monika looked at him in her arms, smiling softly.

"We'll get through this, I know we can.. it'll just take some hard work and effort.. after that, everything will be f-fine.. everything will be fine..."