Oliver Wood x Reader (Holiday Break)

"Can't you take a little break, Wood?" You groaned. Oliver had woke you up from the couch in the common room when he was getting ready to practice for his upcoming quidditch match. The quidditch match that would be happening in two months. "As you muggles say, 'the grind doesn't stop'." You loudly laughed and fell off the couch. You loved it when he attempted to use muggle humor. You groggily got up off the floor and slugged over to him, clutching on his arm to stay upright. "Its the holiday season, take it easy..." He shook his head. "I'll spend all of my time with you after practice, (Y/N) dear. I'll promise you that." He planted a kiss on your head and left the common room.
     Disappointed, you yawned and flopped back onto the couch. After an hour or so, Hermione found you. "(Y/N)? I didn't see you in your bed and I got worried. Why are you here?" She was clutching her blanket around her, and you just realized how cold you were without Oliver's arms wrapped around you. It was just beginning to look light outside, you guessed it was nearing 6 in the morning.
     "Ollie and I were here at night," you turned slightly red at her raised eyebrows. "And he left for quidditch again, and I was too tired to go back to my own bed. I mean, who needs to practice that much for one game? We get a nice break from the load of work, and he still doesn't have time for me! I've been planning to push things aside to spend time with him for Christmas, and he chooses to focus on beating a ball with a stick. I get the thrill of competition and all, but seriously? I just-" you paused to take a deep breath from the rambling. Hermione gave you a sympathetic look and sat down with you, sharing the blanket.
     "Look, (Y/N). Quidditch is Oliver's passion, and he's going to be a little extreme when a games coming up. Now I'm not trying to defend him, of course," she added hastily at your look of disbelief. "But give him a little time and he'll come around. I bet if you express how you feel, he will understand and give you his time. If you don't, he'll just continue spending break without you." With this, she rubbed your shoulder assuringly and went back downstairs to change.
     You sighed, but then an idea came into your head. If he wants to play quidditch, so be it. I'll just have to come to him instead of the other way around. You ran down to your dorm and began rummaging through your chest of clothes. It was slightly snowing out, so you decided to dress pretty warm. You pulled his own sweater over your shirt and put on some nice fitting sweats. You also grabbed your old broomstick. Now, you weren't on the team nor the most passionate about the game, but you did have some experience of flying from when you and Harry used to race around the school. You closed the chest and made your way to the fields.

     "Hey, Wood!" You yelled out. Oliver looked down from his practice with a few of his friends to see you, looking adorably small from how high up he was. He turned to his friends. "Practice is over." He said to their smirking faces, and immediately did a dive down to where you were. "Love, you look insanely beautiful," he breathed through the cold air, his accent thick. "Why thank you." You twirled around so he could admire your outfit. You kicked off of your broom, and Oliver flew alongside you. "Listen, Ollie. It's the holiday break, and we're supposed to use this time to spend with your loved ones. Yeah, I know quidditch is really important to you... but aren't I, too?" You stopped midair and looked at him with slightly worried eyes. His own eyes softened.
     "Of course, (Y/N), you're the most important person to me in the whole world." He scratched his head sheepishly, not knowing how to proceed. "I'm sorry, I really am. From now until the end of break, I'm all yours." He spread his arms out in a sign of peace. You became overflowed with relief and happiness at his answer, and impulsively jumped from your broom into his arms. "Hey, hey!" He laughed, you wrapped around his body like a koala and him almost being thrown off his broom. He let you snuggle deeper into his chest as he steered his broomstick higher into the sky, even higher than your spirits were at that moment.

Happy holidays, everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you spend your own holidays with your friends and family! If you enjoyed, a vote would be greatly appreciated, as well as any suggestions for future one shots. Thank you for reading and have a good holiday~~