Harry x Reader (Jealous)

"Pretty boy is never going to notice you if you only stare." Harry said, rolling his eyes. You two were slumped by a large oak tree outside, working on all the mounds of homework you two missed out on from practicing how to defeat a dragon for Harry's first trial. Cedric Diggory was flying on the quidditch court, grinning at his friends and glistening from sweat.

     "I know, I know, but admiring from afar is a whole lot easier than carrying a conversation." Harry opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the whooping and hollering of Cedric and his mates. In the excitement, he turned around and spotted you. "(Y/N)! Care to join us in another round? You are the best chaser I've seen, after all." His charm made you stumble over your words. "Um, yeah! I mean, well, no.. I've got loads of work to do. Sorry!" You babbled. Harry snorted.

     "Well, alright then!" He turned and ran back to hop right on his broom again. "Godric help me, I'm hopeless." You buried your face in your hand. "Agreed." You slapped Harry's shoulder and laughed. "But really, why do you even like Cedric? He's a stellar wizard, but what else does he have?" Harry questioned, with a hint of steel and annoyance you haven't heard him use before.

     You pondered. "Well, other than him having both incredible brains and brawn, he's also a really sweet guy, always helping me with potions if he sees me struggling. He even helped you with the egg! Oh, and the hair is a bonus too.." Harry sighed at your trance. "Best of luck to you and him." He said shortly, and began folding and putting away his parchment.

     "Hey, where are you going?" He looked back at you and hollowly smiled. You could sense he was holding in something this entire study session, and your body chilled at the realization of what he was about to say. "I thought us, sitting under a tree, relaxing and doing homework with just us two, would be the perfect time to confess how I've felt for the past, what, two years? Three? But it's fine, really, because Pretty-Boy Cedric can be there for you."

     Your head rushed with thoughts, heart swelled with new emotions you haven't felt in quite a while. This entire time he's liked me... he doesn't even realize that my little crush with Cedric was just a way to get over him, because The Boy Who Lived could never like me the same way. "Harry.." you managed.

     "How's it going, (Y/N)?" An arm slung around your shoulder from behind. Harry looked bitterly at Cedric now at your side, and turned on his heel and left with the same hollow smile he had on. "So, I was wondering. Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me in two weeks? I've been meaning to ask you for ages." He gave a dazzling grin.

    "I-I'm really sorry, Cedric, but... there's someone I was planning to go with." You swallowed. "Someone very, very close to my heart." His grin slightly faded, but quickly recovered, though you could tell it wasn't as genuine. "It's cool. I knew someone like you would already have a date." He too quickly left, and you were soon standing under the tree by yourself. Great, you thought. Two relationships screwed over in a day.

     The only thing on your mind was finding Harry, and mending what you broke. You darted into the school, with vain hopes of finding him before you had to go to Transfiguration soon. Fred saw you sprinting down the hallway, and you skidded to a stop. "H-hey, Fred. I.. was wondering if.. you know where.. Harry went." You panted. He gave you an amused look, and nodding to the left corridor. The room of requirements!

     You finally reached the entrance to the room, and stopped to catch your breath. You entered the room, focusing on finding Harry. The room morphed into a cozy, familiar room. The room was the Weasley living room, rugs and worn sofas scattered around. Harry was pacing in front of the warm fireplace, and looked up to see his visitor.

     You ran faster than you did in the hallways, wrapped your arms around his neck, and blissfully kissed him. It lasted a while, though Harry was quite taken aback at first. Your fingers ruffled through his hair in the process, warm breaths mingling. His arms were wrapped around your waist, closely knitting you two together. You finally let go, but still held him. "I love you too, scar face."