James x Reader (My Seeker)

"Not so cocky when you're on the field, are you Potter?" You shouted at James, grinning as wind blew your hair back. "You won't be as boastful when Gryffindor brings home the Cup for the fifth year in a row!" He yelled back, zooming around the pitch on his shiny broom.

"(Y/N) performs some spectacular spins, always one for showing off. She does have a lot to show off, though... Oi, go out to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" You and the crowd laughed at the commentator's usual flirting. James, however, glared down at the boy, instantly shutting him up.

Suddenly, something shiny caught your eye. Your heart skipped a beat. Judging by the lack of screaming, you were the only person to have spotted the Golden Snitch. If I go for it now, James will surely follow me and beat me to it with that new broom of his... I've got to rely on my wits. You let out an fake yet audible gasp, getting James's attention. You sped by him. He chased after you, playing into your plan perfectly. You raced towards the ground, pretending to spot the Snitch by the grass. You plummeted further and further until you were just about to hit the ground. At the last second, you turned upwards. The crowd roared at the move, and you turned to see if James hit the floor.

Swearing, you seemed to underestimate his Quidditch skill once again. He had anticipated the move as he followed you down, allowing him to move upwards and dodge the ground as well. No matter, I still slowed him down. Mustering all your speed, you rocketed towards the real Snitch. The crowd cheered you on, but you heard James near you grunting in effort to pass you.

Fifty feet to the Snitch. Forty. Thirty. It was getting closer and closer, as was James. You sped in a last burst of energy to the fluttering golden ball. "OW!" You heard James spit some sinful swears as you smiled, knowing that your Beaters had your back. Your hand closed around the gold, and the crowd erupted in a flurry of yells. Even the Gryffindor side cheered in the excitement.

You flew back to the ground. Actually, you never even hit the ground. Your team carried you to the lockers, still screaming in joy. "We're back in the running! We have a great shot at winning the Cup thanks to you!" Your team Captain grinned and pecked you on the cheeks in the spur of the moment when you were set down. He rubbed his neck in shyness, and left to the locker room.

Soon enough, you were the only one left outside, your entire team changing out inside. "Hey, why aren't you changing?" James called out, walking towards you. You wiped away the sweat on your forehead and let your hair out of its ponytail. "Wanted to thank you for a good game! I was gonna rub it in your face, but Olivia told me that's considered 'rude'." You smirked. James laughed, and brought you in for a hug.

"You're not such a bad Seeker after all, (L/N)." You giggled in his chest, remaining there for a little longer. You enjoyed the embrace; something about it lit a fire in your heart, not like the one you felt on the fields. You pushed away his arms and looked up at him. You softly laughed at his confused his expression, and answered it with a soft press to the lips. He smiled into it, pushing you against the door to the locker room.

Running your fingers through his messy black hair, you let go for soft gasps of air from the long kiss. "Just because I really like you doesn't mean I'm going easy on you next time." "Didn't think so, my Seeker."

Thank you so much for reading! I'll try my absolute best to get back on a regular upload schedule. If you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote, and any suggestions for future one shots is highly appreciated! See you in the next~