Draco/Harry x Reader (Rivals)

You yawned and draped a cloak on over your shivering shoulders. Looking around, your golden eyes glinted in the dark, looking at your snoring bunkmates. Perfect, you thought. A day before my O.W.Ls and I'm up at midnight. Guess it's time for a midnight snack. Your heart was slightly warmed at the thought of Dobby scurrying across the kitchen, making sure the students had breakfast in the morning.

The portrait lady grumbled as you moved out. The stone floors were cold against your feet, and you instantly regretted not putting on shoes. Sluggishly walking down the faintly lit stairwells, you perked off at the break in the silence. Noise seemed to come from the courtyard near the quidditch fields. Suspicious, you advanced.

Your teeth chattered from the frigid night wind biting at your cheeks. You pulled the cloak on tighter and moved aimlessly through the darkness. You eventually made your way to the quidditch field, where the noise was at its highest. You crouched behind the bleachers, twisted on one of Fred and George's hearing devices, and peaked around the corner.

Harry stood, seemingly out of breath. Twenty feet away was a snarling Malfoy, cheeks red with cold and strain. "You will never amount to the person she deserves. You'll always be that confused, stupid, ignorant 11-year-old on the Hogwarts Express." He growled, struggling up. "Better me than a pretentious prat that relies on his father for perks." Harry rolled his shoulders as Malfoy fumed at the statement. The latter rushed forward with his wand out.

You quickly turned back and panted behind the bleachers. Whoever they're fighting over, they're going to kill each other before either can get to her. Swallowing your fear, you looked back. Harry was now on the floor, Malfoy advancing closer to him. But before he could even draw his wand again, Harry struck. "Expulso!" He shouted. A blue light erupted from the wood and connected squarely on Draco's shoulder. The boy flew backwards far and fast, slamming against a tree in a harrowing crack. You stifled a yelp. Regardless of the blow, Malfoy heaved his head up with pure malice in his eyes. Slowly raising his wand, his small, hidden smile triggered something in your brain.

Your gold eyes glowed, and time stopped. A gray, cloudy image popped into your head. I'm seeing the future, you thought excitedly, the first time you got another Seer vision in awhile. You saw Malfoy raise his wand as such, point it at his nemesis, and shout words of dark magic that you couldn't quite hear through the fogginess. Red bloomed all over Harry, instantly taking him down. You howled, and the image instantly vanished. You were back to reality.

Draco opened his mouth to speak. "No!" You yelped, and ran to the middle of the battle. Harry's eyes widened, but Draco was not as attentive. "SECTUMSEMPRA!" He roared. Unimaginable pain struck you, and it felt like a billion huge paper cuts all over your body and neck. The pain excelled to the feeling of a knife carving art into your bare skin. You dropped to the ground, eyes spotted black and blood spurting from your many slices.

"(Y/N)!" The two boys yelled in unison. They both stumbled over. Harry reached you first, panic stricken over his face. He pulled you up and stared at your face, searching for signs of life. A tear of his fell onto your cheek, mixing with your own. Draco's face then appeared next to his, and you almost laughed through the pain at the sight of the boys so close to each other without the intent of tearing each other's throats apart. Draco's face was more complex. Guilt, regret, anger, and fear plastered his face. "(Y/N), (Y/N), are you... I'm... I'm so sorry..."

You feebly smiled, and you heard a faint "This is all your fault" before you blacked out.

In your hospital bed at Madam Pomfrey's, you winced as you prodded your arm bandages. "Three weeks if you're lucky, so best get comfortable." She had said. You sighed but sat up when the door opened. Harry entered with an apologetic smile. You two exchanged quiet words, filled with sympathy and that kindness that you loved about him. "He will never hurt you again, not on my watch." He hesitated, but kissed you on the forehead before taking his leave.

It was less than 5 minutes when Draco entered, moving sluggishly. He faced you with guilt and expressed how he felt when you were struck. It was quite heartwarming that he allowed you to see that much emotion from him. After a genuine apology, he sat down on your bed. "That fight was completely wrong, and I promise you, Potter will never cause you any trouble ever again."

Thank you so much for reading! If you enjoyed, please leave a vote, and any suggestions is greatly appreciated! See you in the next~