George x Reader (There For You)

"Don't you understand? I just need a little more... excitement in my life. You were an amazing girlfriend, and at one point I truly loved you, but the spark is gone." Fred looked at you wistfully. Breaking up with someone that's been with them for nearly all of Hogwarts was tough, but he needed to stand firm. Another has caught his eye and his heart. Your lips curled, trying not to cry. "You're really going to throw five years away?" He turned away. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)."

A week later, and you're still a mess. Granted, getting over a relationship this long would be hard, but people were surprised at the barrier you put over yourself. Everyday, your bunkmates had to wake up to your sniffles and muffled chokes. You appreciated the sympathy in their eyes when they dragged you off the bed, but they couldn't help you when they were gone. You disregarded dress code and threw your robes on over your pajamas, slugged around every class, disappointed teachers who saw you as their star student, and said no more than a few mumbled words at a time.

"Bye, (Y/N)! Feel better, won't you?" Hermione rubbed your hand as you got up to leave the dining hall. "See you, (N/N)," Harry and Ron smiled, though Ron was much quieter. You gazed at Ron. "You're not your brother. You don't have to feel sorry." They gaped at you talking for the first time in a while, but quickly hid their surprise.

When you got back to the Gryffindor common room, you didn't even bother going to your room and opt for the fuzzy rug by the fireplace.

You hadn't even realized you dozed off until a hand gently shook you awake. Groggily looking up, you regained senses and screamed when you saw the face of your heartbreaker. You quickly tried escaping the burrito of a blanket you put yourself in.

"Hey, hey, relax! It's me... George." You instantly stopped. George. Finally, a name that you were comfortable talking to. He was always there during your other struggles with Fred, and here he is now. George looked slightly taken aback when you began crying, but opened up his arms anyway. "Oh, (N/N), it's ok, it really is."

You let it out into his chest, feeling slightly guilty about it. "I jus- it's been years! Why now? I don't- I really- Ugh!" You threw your hands up in frustration. He embraced you tightly, replacing words with actions.

You simmered down, still heaving out tears. You let them glide down his back. "Why couldn't it have been you that I dated all these years? You're so much less of an ass." He chuckled. "I know that might sound super weird, because y'know.. we're best friends, he's your brother..."

Fred released the embrace and rubbed his neck, pink tinging his ears. Your heart quickened. Crap. I screwed this all up. Again. I have a knack for ruining my relationships with guys, don't I?

He finally spoke. "Heh, I wondered that too while you guys dated." You froze. "You really.. you really feel like that?" You swallowed. Tension built up, tightening your body, but it all released when he leaned in.

Hell, he was a better kisser than Fred. You moved in perfect sync, smiling into it when he put his hands to your cheeks. You two lasted there in heat for a little bit more. "Is this wrong?" you whispered. "Not at all." He softly chuckled, and resumed the kiss.

Thank you for reading this rather crappy imagine! Don't worry, much better ones coming soon (:. If you liked it, please give a vote, and any suggestions or requests are greatly appreciated!