George x Reader (Countdown)

You tucked away the last holiday decoration from the common room and vanished the box with your wand, huffing with relief at the work you've done. Of course, house elves were meant to clean them all up, but they've already worked so hard to make the holiday feast that you couldn't push extra work onto them. Plus, Hermione would definitely get on your back about elvish rights. A voice snapped you out of your cleaning daze.
"Cleaning up for house elves, such a Hufflepuff trait." George Weasley came out of the boys corridor. "Ah.. George? What're you doing here?" You stared hard at him, trying not to nervously burst out laughing like you always do. "First, you don't need to gawk at me, I don't bite. Not outside of the bed, at least." You turned the same shade as his hair at the implications. "I wasn't staring at you, Weasley!" You quickly defended, slowly easing into the conversation. He barked a laugh. "Secondly, are you going to the New Years countdown in the Gryffindor common room?"
You awkwardly fumbled your words, trying not to seem like a loser not knowing about the party. "I, uh, am kinda busy with schoolwork. You know how that goes..." you managed, playing with the hem of your cardigan. He smirked, as if he could see right through you. "Oi, that surely isn't the way to spend the last day of this year. But if you change your mind, you know where to go." With that, he tossed a slip of paper out of his jacket on the floor and swung out of the portrait hole with that Weasley twin smoothness.
"Well, wait are you waiting for? Read the slip!" You shrieked and fell on the floor, eyes darting around the room. Cho Chang, your best friend that you thought was studying in your room, popped her head over the couch you were sitting at. "I need to put a bell on you, honestly." She laughed and flipped her hair dramatically. "Well? Read it." You rolled your eyes and reached out to the slip.
"(Y/N), the common room password is Balderdash. Wear something cute, I'll have my eyes on you all night."

Cho squealed with delight. "Oh, Merlin, (Y/N)! I knew he was checking you out since the third year, and this proves it." She smugly put her hands on her hips. "Such Ravenclaw triumph." You mocked. "Such Hufflepuff charm." She mocked back. She took your hand and ran you back to her own Ravenclaw room, where she tore open her chest of clothes for your choosing. "Holy Helga, thank you," you whispered.
You soon had your look complete, though the party would have started thirty minutes ago. "You're late, but definitely fashionably late." She whistled. You had a red buttoned jean skirt, a white tank top slightly cropped as to show some skin, and a black blazer matched with your black boots. With a little magic, Cho had your hair tousled and walked with you into the party.
"I'm going to find Cedric, good luck!" She hugged you and disappeared into the packed room. You sighed and fought back the butterflies in your stomach and sought out George. Not surprisingly, you found him in a corner of the room with a large group of friends telling what seemed to be a riveting story. He trailed off when he saw you, but instantly regained his famous outgoing composure. "(Y/N), (Y/N), you look simply, undeniably, drop dead gorgeous." His friends chimed in, and you decided that you're going to be just as out there as George.
You confidently introduced yourself to everyone, cracking jokes with them. George laughed the loudest at all of them, and your heart warmed. The group of his had now included you, and you became the lovable jokester of the group. George coolly wrapped an arm around you, earning some whistles from the group. "Oh zip it, Lee." You blushed, and he playfully pushed you, further into George's arms. He was warm, and provided a nice sense of... peace. George was always a close friend of yours, and sometimes even was the shoulder you cried on when your other relationships were ended. But this year, something sparked, and you were knee-deep in love for him. Today, you felt closer to him than ever before, and hoped he reciprocated your feelings.
"Gather around, everyone!" Fred called from the front of the room. The countdown was starting. You smiled at George, and he pulled you up from the couch, but still wrapped around you. "Here's to a new year of pranks, friendships, and romances!" The crowd whooped and hollered, and began counting down. "5! 4! 3! 2! 1!"
The sound of mini fireworks popping and laughter rang through the room, but something else had snagged your attention right now. George turned you around to face him and pushed his lips onto yours, so passionately that you could feel all the years of unsurfaced love. You moved in sync with him, and it almost seemed like the hundred people in the room had vanished. You released, slightly gasping for breath, but looked up into his eyes and smiled.
"I like you too, Weasley." You coyly giggled, and buried your head into his chest in embarrassment when the crowd had started cheering for you two.

Thank you for reading this one shot! I thought it was pretty cute, and definitely a lot better than my last one. If you liked it, I would really appreciate a vote! If you have any ideas for future one shots, leaving it in the comments would really help me. Once again, thank you, and see you in the next one shot~