Chapter 9: California

I wrote this when I was half asleep, so just remember there are probably some spelling errors, and I'm really sorry about that! /.\

I'm woken by the sound of pitter pattering of feet moving along the wooden floor. I open my eyes slowly, then begin to squint as I try to look through the tiny crack of the door that's slightly open. I see a glimpse of a man walking past my door, going to the end of the hall. I get up quietly, grabbing my pocket knife that I hid under my mattress just incase anything happened when mother was gone and I was in charge. We didn't live in the most safest neighborhood, but I didn't mind as long as I had a roof above my head.

I quickly grab the knife, walking towards the door pushing it open quietly. I look down the hall seeing my sisters door is open. So I begin to walk down the hall, with the knife held tightly in my palm. As I walk in all I see is my sister laying in her bed, but the pure white sheets that she had before were now covered in blood. I look around the room to see the window was open and the curtains blowing everywhere from the wind. I throw the knife to the ground In frustration running towards my sister, I place my finger to check her pulse but there's nothing. Tears begin to form in my eyes as I say shaking her lifeless body "Wake up! Please just stop playing around and wake up now!" But nothing happens, she's gone, Just like that. I fall to knees as tears just run down my face, "please just tell me this is a awful dream, and I'll wake up soon." I say to myself as I lye on the ground beside of her bed. I quickly close my eyes, just to see this wasn't a dream and my sister is gone forever.

"Erin! Are you there?" I hear Justin say waving his hand I front of my face. I look over and mutter "Yeah, I'm here." He removes his hand from my face saying with a smile "The plane just landed." I look out the window to see palm trees, and the.. Ocean. "Where are we?" I ask looking back at Justin. "California!" He says with a smile, then the flight attendant walks out saying we may leave, so Justin stands up grabbing our bags. I get up behind of him walking out of the plane. I shield my eyes once the sun hits my ivory pale skin. I follow closely behind Justin, not really wanting to get lost in the crowd of people. He reaches his hand back and I grab it intertwining our fingers, which puts a smile on his face.

We finally get out of the crowded airport, making our way to a taxi that was waiting for us. Justin walks over opening the door for me, then he goes back opening his door and sitting down. Once I get in I lay my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes slowly.

I hear my mother scream, which makes me jump up from where I was laying near my sisters bed. She looks over at the knife that's laying on the floor, then to my sisters body. He eyes quickly come back to me when she says "What happen Erin?.." The tears streaming down her face, and the shattered look in her eyes make me sick, since she never really cared about us anyways. "She's dead! And you never bothered to come back, you were gone for a week, a whole week! I hope you happy with your selfish self." I yell tears streaming down my face. She goes to comfort me but I push her away saying "Don't touch me.." I then walk past her, running out the front door. My sisters dead, her killers out there somewhere, and I was going to find him.

"We're here Erin." I hear Justin say shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes looking over towards him, then out the window to a beautiful beach front view house. I open the door getting out, just staring towards the house with a smile on my face. "This is beautiful Justin." I manage to say glancing over at him. "I'm glad you like it." He says rising the key to me then grabbing the bags he packed.

Once I unlock the door, Justin goes and puts the stuff up while I just look around the house. "It's been forever since I actually have been outside of the Asylum, except for going to the hospital." I think to myself as I look out the window, towards the beach. But then I quickly step back when I see a little girl with black hair, pale ivory skin and black pupils just staring into my soul. I keep backing up until I run into Justin, I quickly turn around saying "I'm so sorry!" He smirks at me and says "It's fine, and do you wanna go to the beach?" I look back seeing she's gone then muttering "Um.. No I just wanted to stay here a get some rest, in a actually bed. But you can go." He smiles and says "No I'll just go lay down with you, we can go some other time." I smile, then turn walking up the stairs looking for the bedroom. I turn walking in to the last door in the hall, looking around the room is pretty much light blue paint, and wood flooring. Then I glance over seeing the bed, I smile running towards it like a five year old running down the stairs to open presents on Christmas morning. Justin walks over laying next to me saying with a laugh afterwards "Someone is happy." I nod lightly and say "Yes I am.. For once." He then wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer. I lay my head on his chest closing my eyes.

I walk along the sidewalk, even though it was dark outside I was going to find him. I pass by house after house until I reach the end of the street seeing someone running across towards the abandoned house. I go to run after him until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look back seeing my sister, she has blood all over her clothes and body. "Just leave him be, kill what's close to him. Just like he did to you." She says hugging me, then walking off just to disappear in the distance. I glare back at the abandoned house, thinking.. Then suddenly the idea that changed my life forever came up out of the blue when I thought about Ben.

Okay so this was a filler chapter with some important things that happened in her past, and also it has to do with what Justin and Erin did when they got to California after running away from the Asylum in Europe.

*Sorry if there are any spelling errors!*

Like

Comment

And Vote! 😘