t h i r t e e n t h ♂

A/N: Danielle, Alyssa's pet cat. I hope you still remember her xD

***

Friday, 07:29 AM

Empty.

The moment I aroused from a dreamless, intermittent sleep, every part of my body felt empty. There was not a single flow of emotions passing through me. It was simply emptiness occupying the entire space. I seriously can't feel a single thing at all, just dead inside.

My eye was probably still red and swollen, since I had been rubbing it for a long time. Both of my throat and my lips were dry, most likely because I hardly drank anything last night.

I didn't move out of my bed, and just stayed in the same spot. I realized that my legs were pulled closer to my chest so that I was in a fetal position, but I didn't care. It was more comfortable being like this. I had cloaked myself with my blanket, and even though it was kind of hot, I felt more at ease.

Yesterday, after that conflict with Seb, I shut myself in my room, like what I always did when not in a mood. Most of the time, I lay on my bed, thinking about back then, and how it had affected me a lot. I recalled those memories of me playing and having fun with my friends, especially those activities alongside Raphael.

However, I knew that I should not care about him anymore.

He was a part of my life, but that it was in the past.

Meanwhile, Rena had tried texting and calling me. I can see that I had missed several of her calls, much to my guilt. She had spent her time worrying so much about me. She should have used it to concentrate more about her personal life.

Rena
3 missed calls

I went over her message board to see the texts from yesterday. Scrolling down carefully, I began reading the chats.

Ed I know you're not fine

Please answer the phone

I wanna talk to you

Ed?

Seeing the bombardment of texts from her, I decided to give a firm response.

I'm good, Rena, really. Don't worry so much.

It took minutes for her to reply back.

Oh... um... okay...

Sorry for disturbing you Ed

Just wanna let you know that whenever you need someone to talk with, I'm always here :)

Thanks Rena.

I squinted my eye at the recent message that she had posted, as my heart concisely fluttered. Like Seb said, Rena was definitely selfless, and always placed her friends as her priority. I rarely saw her being distressed about her own self.

Well, I appreciated her attention and all, but she really has to focus on other things, especially herself. Not saying that she should care less about me, I just didn't want her to get hurt because of me.

I locked my phone and placed it on the nightstand. When I glanced around the room, I noticed a dark lump resting on a small basket in the corner. I immediately guessed that it was Myla, based on the fluffy outline. She literally tucked herself into a ball, and seemed so relaxed.

When Lu returned from walking her yesterday, she went to my room and took Kei, leaving the dog under my care and some fresh bread. She then decided to accompany me for the rest of the day, trying to comfort me.