t w e n t y - t h i r d ♂

A/N: Ed's main theme. This song is Patience by Take That. This song somewhat shows Ed's untrusting nature to others. He demands patience from his peers if he's too complicated to understand, as he 'tries to heal' from his past.

***

Sunny.

As I woke up in the morning and watched the TV downstairs, the weather lady predicted that today is going to be sunny. The temperature was around 78 degrees, which was pretty warm and ideal for me to go out. Hearing the news, I shot up from the sofa, feeling so pumped up. My heart was beating as fast as it could go.

Why, you might ask? Because sunny days meant that I could hang out as long as I could with my friends!

From the mirror on the living room, I could see my blue eyes shining with might. I grinned, showing my sets of white teeth, to my reflection, before putting on my black beanie.

Today, I planned to spend some time with only Rena and Raphael. Buttercup said she can't come because she was going on a vacation with her parents. Lynn and Seb had the same reasons, with Lynn specifically telling that she will go to California for her dad's business.

Well, if only my dad took a break, then I could travel to the other states in America, but I guess he's too busy with his work.

That didn't stop me though.

Some of my friends were still around, such as Rena and Raphy, so today, I invited them to play. Mom had told me that they were on their way, and so I came prepared. I was skimming through TV channels to watch an interesting movie, when the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" Mom called out, hurrying towards the door. I followed after her, feeling so energetic and all. As Mom opened the door, I brightened up. There stood Rena and Raphy, bringing some stuff on their swimming bags.

Rena fidgeted her arms as her mom ushered her in. She was wearing a big straw hat that hid her face, and a simple dress. Raphy seemed as pumped as me, like usual, and was accompanied by his dad. He was wearing some sort of a scarf around his neck, with T-shirt and shorts.

As the parents greeted each other and did some hugs and a handshake, I went after my friends.

"Sup, Chris?" Raphy greeted. At this, I chuckled as we did a fist bump.

"How in the world did you get that, Raphy?" I teased, nudging his shoulders.

"I've seen people doing it and I think it looks cool!" He answered between his laughs, and I could only react with a grin. Typical Raphy right there.

I turned my attention towards Rena. When she saw me, I grinned at her, to which she smiled back. She looked a little bit nervous, but she shouldn't be. I bet she would have so much fun today, because I already planned some activities, specifically for her.

I decided to lead them to the living room, where the TV was still on. Raphy comfortably slouched down on the sofa, while Rena simply plopped herself on a spot. I decided to sit between both of them, squeezing in.

"What are you watching Chris?" Raphael asked, looking at the TV.

"Dunno." I answered, shrugging my shoulders as I resumed clicking on the remote. Rena was looking at us, while she gently swung her legs. "I was going through some channels to look for some good films."

"Have you watched Transformers yet, by the way?" Raphy asked, looking so excited and all. "It's in the cinemas yesterday!"

"Not yet." I shook my head, stopping at a random channel. "I only saw the trailer, and I think it looks cool with all the robots and stuff! How about you?"