t w e n t y - f i f t h ♂

Unusual.

As soon as I found myself in an unusual position, I felt very uncomfortable and stiff. The muscles in my legs had tired out, as if I had been using them for hours, and that was why I slowly opened my eye.

There, I came to discover that instead of lying on the bed, I had been standing up for a long time. There were no distinct hints to give out where I was; only pitch darkness devoured the surroundings.

There was no source of lights, no matter how hard I attempted to search for one. There was not a sight of a roaming living being, either. I reached out my hands and tried to fumble into something tangible, but it didn't produce the results; I could only grope through the invisible, cold air.

I can't see anything...

What the hell is with this place...?

I slowly strolled, trying to find at least an exit or a way out. On the way, I kept my guard high, minding every corner, especially for what was creeping from behind me. Inside my mind, I kept expecting something or someone to pop out from behind me. Whenever a strange breeze blew through my hair, I snapped my head around, only to find nothing.

I am sure there's something following me... I thought and resumed on my current path. Minutes passed, and I didn't find any end to it, just the same, intense duskiness. I had been walking for what seemed miles, but nothing happened, seemingly going on forever.

Drip!

My ears picked up the watery noise, and it was from my left. In reflex, I pulled my attention towards the particular area where the noise came from.

Drip!

There was it again, sounding in the same spot. The hairs on my neck raised rather quickly, and I felt myself flinching at the sound. Without a delay, curiosity loomed over my mind like unstoppable waves, urging me to check it out. Swallowing any other thoughts, I decided to go after it.

Drip!

The dripping sound grew louder as I carefully and cautiously neared it, suggesting me that I was, indeed, correct in predicting its origination. However, I still have yet to identify it.

... Is there a water source here?

I wondered, but as it crossed my brain, my foot suddenly landed not on a hard ground, but on a strangely soft surface. It was moist as well; my shoe quickly absorbed whatever liquid it was, and it was cold and frigid. The mushy noise didn't only throw me out of focus, but it also made me cringe horribly.

What the...

Before I could complete the sentence, I glanced down below. In spite of the darkness, for some reason I was able to see it. That was when my heart  stopped beating for a second and dropped drastically. Blood that flowed through my veins instantly ran cold.

It was a severed arm...

I immediately paced back from the amputated body part, harnessing my breaths that soon came in and out as fast as possible. Nausea clung tightly in my throat. Simultaneously, I tasted bile on my tongue, as it tried to escape. I fastened my mouth altogether to prevent myself from vomiting.

I could faintly see a pool of blood forming around the arm, but based on how stale and cold it was, it seemed to be there for a long time. With my mind full of questions, I decided to leave them unanswered. I gently sidestepped from it and tried to walk pass it.

I was about to breath a sigh of relief, but the arm suddenly made a fucking move. I was fast to react, but too slow to see its fingers wrapping around my leg, preventing me from moving on.