t w e n t y - n i n t h ♂

A/N: Above is the song for this chapter, Longing for Sunbeams which is an OST from an anime xD Please do play the song once you hit the first time skip! :D

***

Stunned.

I would describe being stunned as the inability to perceive the reality or the scene happening right in front of me. I would sometimes stand on the spot like a mannequin, unable to make any movements other than blinking my eye. Failure to speak out and breath normally also contributed to my current state.

It might take moments for me to recover, but the fact that Rena remembered my favorite popsicle brand is just...

I couldn't complete the sentence, or so. It was... just unexpected.

When I realized that Rena was staring at me, she simply snapped out of it then pulled a grin. She then turned towards Mother, who shut the door behind her.

"What do you have there, Serena?" She asked, grinning as she looked down at the plastic bag Rena was holding.

"Um... it's popsicles." She sheepishly answered. "I thought that it w-would be a great snack for a hot day. Hehe..."

As always, Rena threw me off guard.

Unlike the last time I met her, she let her chestnut hair loose, continuously flowing flawlessly until her shoulders. It seemed to me that she recently washed her hair, as it was as smooth as silk and it was glistened under the lights. Her eyes, painted with a gorgeous shade of blue, stared upon Mother as she talked about why she was here today.

"Hmm... Gerry's?" Mother's forehead wrinkled. "I thought they weren't selling their ice pops anymore."

"They do now." Rena took one popsicle from the bag and showed it to her. "I saw it in Walmart, t-that's why I bought some."

"You know, Ed used to love them so much as a kid. Almost every month, he has to eat or else he would throw a temper tantrum." She further explained. I didn't even try to stop her from revealing the truth, because... well, it was somewhat true.

"Haha, I know that..." Rena laughed.

I slowly observed the sleeveless, short white dress she was wearing, which really fit her a lot. She also had a sling bag over her shoulder, probably to store her wallet, phone and some feminine things. My gaze continued to wander her body until it stopped at her... cleavage. Gulping, I couldn't help myself but to stare at it for a few seconds.

Upon realizing it, however, I mentally slap the shit out of myself

Upon realizing it, however, I mentally slap the shit out of myself. What the hell am I thinking?!

I withdrew my attention away, focusing on the popsicles she had bought instead.

"Why don't you make yourselves at home? You must be exhausted going here, so go sit on the couch and I will make some refreshments for you." Mother walked towards the kitchen, and she was about to prepare the beverage for her, but Rena stopped her by stepping forward.