Chapter One- you only get one shot

Fox

The banging at my door woke me slowly.
“Pres! Pres get up man,we’ve got a problem” Zip called through the door with urgency. Shaking my head slightly I felt the beginning of a headache slamming into me. The hangover was setting in. Looking to my left I saw we were quarter past one in the day. Scrubbing a hand down my face I looked around the dimly light room and the mangle of naked female bodies that were tangled around me.
“Pres!” Zip slammed his hand into the wood of the door again.
“I’m up” my voice was scratchy from the drinking and smoking I’d done last night. “Church in ten.” I finished pushing up onto my forearms, I surveyed how I was going to get out of my bed.
“Right, move it, now.” I shoved lightly at the bodies around me and slowly they all began to rouse. One by one the three girls rolled from the bed, got dressed and left my room. They knew the drill.
Getting to my feet I swayed toward my clothes feeling the full effects of the alcohol I had consumed last night hitting me. The night got a little hazy around seven this morning. Pulling on my cut I made my way toward church where I could see the men gathered, faces grim. Walking into the room I came up short before sitting down at the sight of Smiles and Dive leaving against the far walls, blood covered faces looking as grim as every other brother in the room.
“Fuck.” I sneered already knowing where this was going. I leaned into my hands on the table before me levelling the men with my gaze, waiting on them to confirm what I already knew.
“Vultures cut us off on the highway out East. At least twenty of them. We tried man, shit, we tried but-" Smiles shook his head pissed as shit.
“The van overturned, they rammed us off the road. Didn’t leave anything behind, they got it all.” Dive finished looking at the floor before raising his head, “Were sorry Pres. Tried our best man, but shit we-" Dive reached out toward me.
“100K worth...” I mumbled thinking of what the loss of those drugs meant. Shaking my head I felt the fury rising in me, thinking about the lack of respect the Vultures had just shown us, the insult they inflicted. Thinking about where those drugs were meant to go fueled my anger further, that was a bridge we didn’t need burned because of the Vultures.
“Pres..” Zip said and I raised my eyes from the table.
“They took something that was ours. That was our product, our business they fucked with.” I snarled feeling the same fury I felt rise in the men around me. They felt the insult that had been inflicted as well.
“They’re trying to show us up, bettering two of our men by throwing twenty men on them. The took from us.” Zip growled out shaking his head, his arms flexing like he wanted to hit something.
“So we take from them.” I voices the thought that popped into my head. “We come in fast and we come in hard and take from them right back, but we take something they value far more than the product. If there’s one thing we know it’s that the Vultures are a group of Italians that value three things most. Their brotherhood, their food and most of all their women.”  I looked around the room seeing the men nod their heads along with me.
"So, tell me brothers, of those three things what will we take from them?” I smiled at the flashes of teeth in snarls that spread through the room. Grunts of approval and agreement spread throughout and I had my answer.
Turning to Smiles I looked him in the eye, “ring the buyer, tell them we will have their cargo within three days, start at 10k extra until such time as he’s happy. Don’t pass 30k.” he nodded to me before walking from the room, tissue held to his bloody nose that was still dripping.
“Smiles?” I called and he turned to look at me. “ Get yourself fixed up after that call, I need you ready for what's to come.” he nodded to me before leaving the room. Looking back at the men I got down to business.
“We leave in an hour, get covered I don't want any of you naked when we get there, don't need any of you coming home in a body bag. We go right in and get out in under ten minutes. Ten minutes men" I put emphasis on it and waited until they all nodded in agreement.
"Bugs, you drive the van up. Go get ready men.” When I finished the men sprung into action moving from the room until it was only me and Zip.
“this smart, Fox?” Zip asked. I sat down in my seat and looked to him. “We can’t afford 130k worth to be just handed away.” Zip said and I nodded in agreement.
“We'll make it back ten fold.” I said confidently and he stared at me waiting for me to continue.
“Zip if you had an old lady and someone took her what would you do to get her back?” I said easily and watched light dawn on his face before he smiles, then laughed.
“fucking anything.” he laughed again.
“Exactly. We’re going to make the Vultures our little bitches by taking their own gash away from them" He clapped me on the shoulders before walking from the room to go get ready. I knew that plan was dangerous, a lot could go wrong but I trusted my men and I trusted the club.
“Pres.” I heard called and looked to the men standing ready in the door. “let’s do this.” Zip called and a round of cheers called through the room.
“let’s go take something back.” I called and followed the men out to our bikes. We had a long ride ahead of us and an even rockier few weeks but we were ready for it.
We craved it.
*****************
Merry Christmas guys, hope Santa comes 😉 xx