chapter twelve- seduction, seduce

Daria
All night I could feel his eyes, physically feel them on me, like a caress along my skin. Even though I knew he wasn't in the room. Something within me told me he was in that security room.
“Is that everything lads?” I asked leaving the last drink down on the table.
“How much are you, Hun?” one of them called rowdily. They had been like that all night but were actually an okay group of men. They had been in several nights and while they messed about they never bothered us further than a joke. I smiled at him.
“Not on the menu.” I laughed turning from the table.
“Damn shame, you ask me.” He called after me and I laughed looking over my shoulder. I turned back just in time not to crash into someone.
“Jesus, sor-" I started but looked up into a smirking Mindys eyes. Slowly I drew back a step putting some distance between us. “Excuse me.” I said steadily and she laughed. An ugly sound.
“Really, bitch? Cute, honestly it is. I can see the whole innocent act you've got going on but listen carefully okay?” she stepped forward into my space again, the only thing separating us was my tray I held firmly in place.
“He's mine, he's always been mine, even when he wasn't mine, he was still mine. So back the fuck off. He doesn't want some cheap bitch throwing herself at him for her freedom?” she laughed and I felt someone come stand behind my back.
“Didn't know you'd paid in to be in here tonight Mindy? Into this kind of scene are you?” Jake asked over my shoulder. She laughed loudly.
“Oh hell no, this isn't my scene. You would choke on it in here, worse than some of those bitches in the strip club.” She looked me up and down before shaking her head pitifully at me.
“Choke on what?” I demanded fuming and she grinned, showing I'd played right into her hand.
“The desperation. Here, sweetie. At least it's something.” She laughed pulling a note from her pocket and throwing it at my feet. “Go on, go scrabble for it before someone else gets it.” She spun, hips shaking as she left. I was shaking, barely containing the urge to floor her.
“You okay?” Jake asked, his hand lying gently on my arm. I nodded my head but didn't look away until she was gone out the door. Someone called Jakes name and he left me to go tend the bar. I blinked at the floor before slowly turning and looking up at the camera in the corner of the room. Is he up there?
Only one way to find out, I thought bitterly, the idea coming to me on a whim. Swiftly I went to the bar and drop my tray on it.
“Ten minutes.” I said to Jake interrupting his conversation with a customer, ignoring his look of confusion as I did so. Spinning I found Greta and strolled to her with a purpose. She felt me coming.
“What are you-“ she started but I had no time, this dance was about to end.
“I'm on stage. Now.” I said and watched her blink, processing my words.
"What? Wait, no you're not-“ she started but I didn't let her finish.
“We're going home. I don't care how any more, we're getting there. So it's happening, you don’t want to, you don't have to but I will. So will Aurora.” If she's allowed, I thought but didn't voice it. Pushing past her I moved into the back, going straight to the curtain. I approached the next dancer.
“I'm up next.” I said and watch her turn to look me up and down.
“Honey, this is my song.” She said back popping the gum in her mouth.
“I'm up next, you want to go have it out with management? Be my guest but I'll be dancing while they tell you what I'm telling you. I'm next.” I finished firmly and watched her shake her head. Without another word she disappeared.
“Ria?” Auroras soft voice came from beside me. “What are you doing?” she asked coming right in close.
“Getting noticed.” I said back. She was silent for a moment.
“Is that smart?” she asked and I looked at her.
“Is anything we've done in the last few weeks smart?” I said back. She didn't get a chance to reply when I heard the DJ announce my entrance. I didn't focus on the catcalls or the people around the stage. I simply listened to the song and lost myself in it, in the few moments I needed to get noticed. They were done before I even realised. I existed back stage, passing the dancers, a buzz coating my skin like an electric current.
After getting cleaned up in the back I made my way back out onto the main floor to waitress again, seeing the disapproving eyes of Jake and Greta and the worried ones of Aurora. I ignored those looks and simply started working my way from table to table once again, knowing it would come. It did when I was at the bar, getting a talking to from Jake.
“With me, now.” Was grumbled from beside me. Smiles stood towering over me, his blank eyes on mine.
Pushing off the bar I turned and followed him, passing Greta and Aurora who had frozen solid watching us. We walked down the hall leading to the connection between the private section, the night club and strip club entrances. We veered right, up a stairs, before the doors to the clubs. Around another corner and down a hall. I could hear the muffled sound of the music below. He stopped at a door and opened it before disappearing back down the hall. Slowly I walked forward through the door into the dark room. Screens covered two of the walls, showing all sections of the building. Fox sat in a leather chair half facing the screens, half facing me.
“I'd nearly find it amusing.” he mused.
“I dont.” I interrupted.
“I'd nearly find it amusing,” he continued if I didn't speak,”but it really isnt.” He looked up at me. I shrugged.
“Your woman came to me-“ I started.
“Come here.” He interrupted. Scowling I took a step further into the room, the door swinging shut behind me. His eyes got dangerous.
“No. Come here, my lap. Now.” he said firmly and I panicked.
“I dont want to.” I whispered out.
“And I didn't want you dancing, but it looks like neither of us are getting what we want so come here.” He demanded again. I had no choice, I knew it. He didn't help me, he didn't even touch me. He simply sat back and left me to get into position. It shouldn't feel right being in his lap like this.
“She isnt mine.” He said referring to my earlier comment.
“Has she had you?” I snap out and he tilted his head.
“Have I had you?” he asked back and I blinked at what he was implying.
“I'm not yours.” I said back wishing my voice held more power. His eyes gave away nothing as he stared at me. “She called you hers.” I added and watched his face darken.
“I'm no ones, never will be.” He said harshly and I frowned.
“Never?” I found myself asking.
“You're never going to have an old lady? Never be someones old man? Settle down?” I quizzed. He laughed softly.
“That stuff never works out.” he shook his head at me like I was an innocent little girl and I felt my frown deepen as I thought of all the love and relationships in our club. I lifted my head and met his eyes.
“You're wrong.” I said softly and his eyes sharpened instantly.
“You belong to someone?” he demanded, an undercurrent to his voice that hadn't been there. Slowly I shook my head no and his expression cleared.
“It fades and ruins stuff as it does.” he said back on the topic of love.
“Only if not handled correctly.” I said back and watched his eyes work as he ran my words over in his head.
“Nothing is ever easy, but it isn't meant to be. If it's easy people forget how valuable it is.” I finished finding that my hands had woven their way around his neck.
“I want your mouth.” He said and I jerked back at the quick change of topic.
“What? No.” I stuttered out. He watched me, continuing to lean back in the chair.
“Look at it this way, you can give me your mouth or I'll find a different way for you to make up the stunt you pulled down stairs. What'll it be?” he asked watching my eyes once again, reading them far better than I wished he was able.
Leaning forward I pressed my lips to his, allowing myself this, unable to resist the pull between us. His lips opened under mine and I slipped my tongue inside. That was when my control was lost and he took over. I  arched into him tightening my hold on him as his arms locked around me, pulling me close. I moaned into his mouth, I couldn't help it, the man could kiss. His hands split, one going up into my hair and fisting. The other sliding down my side, setting of shivers, to land on my bare thigh. I archrd into his touch, his hand slipping up under my skirt as his mouth and tongue worked their way down my neck, eelentlessly sucking on my skin.
“Fox!” I panted out just as a loud bang hit the door, rocking its' hinges. I leapt back, falling out of his arms, painfully landing onto the floor before scrambling up. Fox was already on his feet, eyes on me, the want in them clear as day.
“Coming in Boss, we've got a situation.” called the voice and madly I thought, so do we. Shaking my head I tried desperately to clear it. That didn't work so the minute the door opened, I was gone out it. Barrelling down the hall, tripping over my own feet trying to get back to the private section. Stumbling in I bumped into Greta. She took in my face.
“Jesus Christ, you've got a hickey on your neck!” she squealed shocked and my hand shot to my neck to hide the area Foxs mouth had touched.
“I...I..” I stuttered out helpless.
“Go, go into the changing room and don't come out until you look like you can stand on your own two feet.” She said pushing me towards the side of the stage. I stumbled off, not looking at Jake, not looking at anyone.
I didn't see Fox again that night.