Chapter twenty-two- Hush little baby, don't you cry

Daria
It had been a month, a month of my family meddling and interfering in my life. I'd been dragged to every social event, gathering and outing they could think of. Very rarely other than the hours I was asleep was I left to my own devices. I came to the conclusion that they had made the assumption that if I was left alone my mind would wonder and following that, I would wonder too. My assumption was they feared I would wonder back towards Fox. They needn't worry.
"So, I was thinking we could-" Aurora started but I turned shaking my head no at her. She frowned in response. "You don't even know what I was going to suggest."
"And I don't care. After the last night I'm not going out with any of you again." I replied and she pursed her lips at me, the evening of Saturday night replaying in our heads.

We had entered the club around half eleven, dolled up and dressed to inpressed because I had been told by Greta I wasn't stepping foot outside the house in jeans. We had been drinking since around eight that evening in the compound before Aurora suggested we head out. A few of the men had joined us but once we got into the club they had went into one of the corner booths and sat down, drinking and chatting amongst themselves.
"Shots!" Cecilia yelled over the music as we hit the bar for the fourth time. The night was fun, better than I expected it to be but I had danced and danced for the last hour and a half and wasn't going to stop anytime soon.
"I'll get sick if we have another shot." I had giggled feeling myself swaying back and forth slightly in my heels, the alcohol taking its toll. Aurora giggled along with me.
"Come on! what harm will that be? if you get sick you get sick, it opens more room for more drink." Aurora said on a yell happily throwing her hands up into the air. Unfortunately in doing so she threw her body off balance and crashed into the tall man behind her. "Whoops, sorry." she giggled turning to look up into his amused face.
"No problem, Love." he smirked down at her but she hardly noticed as she pulled out of his arms to grab one of the shots in front of us. She threw it back with ease, swallowing it all in one go. Her face twisted with disgust before she nodded, "Not bad, you turn girls." She smiled drunkingly.
"Fuck it, we came out to have fun then forget the night right?" I yelled reaching forward and got a chorus of approval as I threw my shot back too. Yuck, tequila. I grimaced throwing Cecilia a dirty look as she laughed and finished her own shot.
"I know you hate it but you always get the best drunk off tequila, Ria." She high fived Greta like they had just accomplished the worlds biggest heist.
"Well isn't this adorable." was called from behind me and drunkingly I spun to see who had spoken.
"Hey Darina isn't it?" Mindy smirked in my face and my sluggish mind took me a minute to catched up with the situation. She had a poss of four girls with her, two of whom were the blonde twins I had seen before but I didnt recognise the other two.
"It's Daria, bitch." Cecilia came up behind me back, glaring daggers over my shoulder at Mindy. Mindy winced fakely.
"Sorry I'm bad with names when I haven't heard them in a while and you haven't been mentioned at all." She smiled sugar sweet at me. I felt my stomach start to role unsure whether it was the alcohol or Mindys presence.
"Can I help you with something?" I asked not impressed with her behaviour. She tilted her head, pretending to contemplate.
"Let me see, you've disappeared and Fox is back to enjoying life the way we always did so no, I'm good thanks. I've got everything I need." the girls with her sharing looks and laughing at what Mindy was implying. That comment settled my internal debate, it was Mindy making my stomach role.
"Everything okay here?" I heard to the left of me and saw our men had arrived, probably having kept an eye on us and noticed the hostile way in which all of us were standing. It was Enzo who spoke keeping his eyes on the girls across from us as he tucked Greta into his side.
"Ria?" Luke asked coming in behind me, taking Cecilias place at my back. Mindys eyes watched him move before she clapped her hands in delight in front of her.
"Well, well look at this. Little miss Darina has moved on, Fox will be happy. He's not a fan of mopey bitches." Mindys voice was like a childs at Christmas.
"Daria." I corrected quietly.
"Watch yourself bitch." Greta spoke stepping forward before Enzos arms restricted her.
"Hey, I love when things work out, I'm happy for you guys, honest." Mindys face morped into false innocence, the glint in her eyes still obvious.
"Fuck off now, bitch. Know your place." Enzo spoke quietly but I watched as the four girls stiffened at the authority in his voice, recognising him for who he was.
"We were just leaving, it's bed time. Have a good night girls, I will." she winked at me before turned with her girls to leave. She turned back looking at me, her face suprisingly void of any spitefulness.
"Oh, Daria, just saying, I told you so." she said it almsot like she felt sorry before her face again morphed into a cocky smirk and she strutted away. I stared blankly after her.
"The fuck was that?" Enzo snapped and I heard the girls explaining to the men but it didnt register with me.
"Ria?" Aurora called coming close to grip my arm for my attention.
"I want to leave." I choked out, fully aware of how my voice sounded.
"Okay, Sweetie. We'll head home." she spoke softly before taking my hand. We moved as a unit to the door of the club and out of it before getting into taxis to head home.
"Ria you need to let it go." Luke spoke in my ear from beside me and altough I didn't acknowledge him I knew what he meant, that I needed to let Fox go. That it was time, that it had gone past time.
But Luke needn't worry because Mindy had just solidified that in my head.

"Okay, I know. That bitch was a bitch but Ria you still have to be you, you still need to live your life." Aurora spoke bringing us back into the present.
"Do you think about him? Smiles?" I askrd her suddenly and watched as her body locked down. It took several moments for her to unwind herself before she met my eyes and lied.
"Not at all."
"Right, well as long as you aren't thinking about him I'll be me and live my life yeah?" I said sarcastically though there was no heat to my words. Even still, I watched her face close down in hurt.
"At least I'm trying. You move and breathe and dance with us but you're so lost in your head, you're going to end up alone and stuck. Unstick yourself, Ria. And if you aren't going to then don't judge me for trying." She turned and left my room, leaving me feeling shitter than I had in the last month. Worst again, I'd made Aurora feel shit to.
"Go you, Ria. Drag the world down with you." I scowled myself before flopping back on my bed.