Chapter twenty four- Guess who's back, back again

Daria
The day had started out good, the words shared between me and Aurora were long forgotten as we sat out on the front of the compound with Greta and Cecilia. The heat from the sun warmed out skin, the bustling of people inside oculd be heard faintly from where we were.
Enzos truck pulling in the drive with Grace McCarthy made us all go quiet. He hopped from the truck before her and once her door opened it moved us into action. shooting up from our chairs we raced towards her in delight. She was a few years younger than us and lived further up north with distant relatives, but she had always been part of the family even if we didn't see her from one year to the next.
"Grace!" I reached her first pulling her into my arms for a hug, feeling the girls one by one barrel into me from behind, wrapping their arms around us both. "You're here! why?" I exclaimed breaking the hug by stepping back. She shrugged her shoulders smiling at us.
"I thought a visit was overdue." she said beeezily.
"Like hell, don't think they aren't going to find out." Enzo snapped from his side of the vehicle and I tuned into the vibe shoot between them, especially when Grace shot him a dirty look at his words.
"Oh dear, what happened?" Greta asked.
"Inside. we'll discuss it there." Enzo spoke and we all followed him as he moved inside.
"Don't worry, Grace," Cecilia said throwing her arm around the younger girls shoulders, "either way, we're so happy you're here. You leave it way too long between visits."
"I know.. it's just after Tony passed it was too much being here... It's getting easier though. I promise I'll come by more." she smiled at us forcefully abd I felt a twinge at the mention of my uncle. He had taken in Grace when she was very young and since then shes always been like a cousin to us, though we never knew her mother. It never stopped Uncle Tony from speaking highly of her.
"Come by more? You won't be leaving for a good long time, Grace." Enzo spoke up as he sat down on a chair, drawing all of our attention to him. we each took a seat as Greta spoke.
"Seriously whats going on?"
Enzo kept his eyes steady on Grace weres eyes were now focused on the floor.
"Our Grace here got herself into a bit of a pickle didn't you?" she didn't answer him but I saw her jaw clench.
"Got a call off Joe a few hours back, Grace here has been shacking up with Hammer, Pres of the MC up near Tonts place. The MC that is one hundred percent dirty in every sense of the word and is responsible for messing shit up in our family up there for years. yeah, Grace decided to get nice and cosy with him." Enzo mocked harshly while we all sucked in a breath in shock. Hammer was one of the craziest, sickest men I had ever heard of. I knew for a fact no one messed with him, not only was he not the type to mess with, but because if he messed with you back he did it ten times worse than any nightmare you can think of. Joe had been battling to keep that town safe for years with that MC being in the area. Joe was Tonys son, my first cousin who would have grown up with Grace and taken over the family business when Tony died.
"Fuck you, Enzo." Grace muttered softly as she stared down at the floor.
"Sweetie,  my God. Why?" Greta asked disapproving and I watched as Graces head shot up, a look of determination on her face.
"Why not? for all the visiting I did over the years here, I was never allowed be a part of it and I love this life. I love our family back home, I woulsnt change them for the world but I amn't part of that, Ive always wanted the freedom of this life and Ham gave me that." she snapped and I watched Enzo shoot forward from a relaxed composer to very aggressive.
"Is that what he gave you? funny, Joe said he gave you a few broken ribs and more bruises than you could count." the silence in the room was choking aa we all tried to process what we were hearing.
"What?... I'm sorry... I don't-" I stuttered trying to absorb the information. Grace didn't respond, she didn't so much as move.
"That was for when he copped on to the fact you were trying to leave him. What I want to know is what made you want to leave... what did he do?" Enzo demanded, his gaze intent on Grace. I swallowed hard as different scenarios raced through my head, none of them good.
"It's done. I'm gone, can we leave it?" Grace spoke quietly he hands twisting and turning in her lap.
"It isn't." Enzo said lightly and I watched as Grace looked at him in confusion.
"You're his property in his head and your family just took his property from him. He'll search thriugh them all to find you and once he can't find you there, he's coming here. You're going into hiding for awhile, Grace." he leqned back into his chair letting everyone in the room process. Grace began to shake her head.
"He wouldnt. I dint matter that much to-" she started sounding scared.
"He had his men break into cousin Cammys house last night. she wasn't home but the place was tossed. He wont stop." Enzo said causing us all to freeze in fear.
"Lord save us." Greta muttered.
"I didn't know" Grace suddenly shouted frantically, "he never treated me back when I first met him I didn't think-". The front door opening to show a prospect shut her up.
"Enzo, trouble out front. The Savages have showed up." he called and I felt the air in my lungs stick. It was like they had suddenly turned to ice, I couldn't move, couldn't breathe. I watched the room clear out as the men moved toward the front of the house. Only me, Grace, Aurora and Cecilia were left sitting. Even Greta had left.
I left my legs carrying me out before I registered what they were doing. i heard Grace and Cecilia call my name simultaneously but I didn't stop. I only stopped moving when my eyes landed on him. His men had all dismounted their bikes and stood in a group around their president. I halted in the middle of my people, feeling their strength cocoon around me and I thanked god for it because I would have crumpled to the ground otherwise.
"You're not welcome here. We're finished with weeks, you have no business being here." Enzo spokw sharply, the whole days frustration clear in his voice.
"I'm not here for you." his voice, it washed through me, filling me to spilling my lungs pulled in air.
"She doesn't want you." Luke called and I watched as Foxs eyes sliced to him before I watched his face come to a conclusion on something.  His fists balled at his side as his gaze returned to my brother.
"We evened out that situation and I agree our business is finished. We have no bad blood there but I'm not here about that. I'm here about her." His eyes for the first time since I arrived outside came to me. I sucked in a breath at the intensity in them. "I came for you." he spoke directly at me.
"She made her choice ages ago. want makes you think she'll want different now? she got on the back of my bike and told me to ride faster away than I already was from you." Luke laughed shaking his head at Fox but I could see his eyes were hard as nails. Foxs eyes came back to me.
"I messed up." he said softly. I heard my brother laugh and flinched at the sound, not finding anything funny.
"what makes you think I'll let her leave with you? Why would i embarrass my club by letting it be known wide that Fox got my little sister after everything that happened. there's nothing but bad in that for me and my club." Enzo shook his head going to turn back inside.
"I'll owe you. Anything at anytime. for her, I'd do anything." he called and I watched the Savage men rumble in anger at the vulnerable position their president was putting himself in. I couldn't believe it myself. I watched frozen as Enzo froze before turning back.
"Anything?" he called.
"Boss!" Zip snapped not comfortable as he moved toward Fox, assumingly to reason with him. Fox shook him off, his eyes on me.
"Anything." he vowed and I felt the whispers from both clubs as he handed his soul over.
"Interesting. So if I demanded you step down, burn your MC to the ground you'd do it?" Enzo asked and I felt the tension rise in the air, felt the anger fueling the Savage men.
"I want her." was all Fox replied. silence descended amoungst us before Enzo turned whispered something to Luke, who didn't look impressed but went inside.
"I need something hidden. I don't know for how long or how far away it'll have to be hidden. I just know no one can know about it." Enzo called out to Fox and I felt my whole body seize already knowing what his plan was.
"Done." Fox called back immediately but as Luke arrived with Grace at his side.
"This is Grace McCarthy, I'm sure if your men think on it enough your memories will be jogged on who she is. She got herself into a little trouble, I'll explain again, and needs to go away for awhile... are we in agreement?" Enzo looked straight into Foxs eyes. Foxs eyes shifted towards Grace, so much emotion passing in his face I felt my heart squeeze and wondered absently what the story was there.
"Done. She'll be safe." Fox called.
"Enzo... what?" Grace started turning into him.
"Do you trust me?" he interrupted her looking down at her gently waiting for her to nod. when she did he continued. "Then you need to trust me when I say go with these men. You will be safe until I fix this and they wont treat you wrong. You have my vow." she watched him for long moments before turning to face the Savage men.
"Zip, take her." Fox said and I watched Zip move to his bike and wait for her to join him. Slowly she did and I watch on unsure what to think of it, unsure of what Enzo was doing. They sped away on his bike.
"We good?" Fox asked and Enzo nodded.
"Absolutely. We have our agreement, you just need to win my sister... good luck with that." Enzo laughed before turning and telling the group to go inside. He kissed my cheek as he passed me. My eyes didn't leave Fox throughout all this.
"Ria-" Fox called.
"I don't need this." I said and watched him flinch. " You made your choice, fucking months ago and I-" my voice started to rise but he interrupted.
"Please, a word? just us?" he asked not hiding his emotions from me. I looked throughout his men, seeing familiar faces and felt my chest cave under the pain of it.
"Two minutes. That's it." I said sharply watching him give a quick nod.
"Follow me." I didnt look back to see if it followed me into the compound. I was too busy convincing myself I  didn't care whether he did or not.

**********
I'm seriously sorry I know it's been ages. Hope you enjoyed.
x