Chapter twenty-one - This is where the fun stops

Daria
Lucas walked into my room again without knocking. The first few days he had respected my privacy and knocked before entering. Now he just strolled right in. He found me in the same position he found me in most mornings, curled on my side, cheek to my pillow staring at the wall. Lucas dad was best friends with my dad growing up. As we grew up my brother and Lucas became much the same and I dutifully fell into the annoying sister role; following them around until such time as they accepted the fact that I was one of them too. We'd became very close since then on. Aurora was born two days after me and we'd been practically glued by the hip since then. So while I plagued the boys, she stood by my side plaguing them too, although she was more of a quiet observer. Once we were finally accepted as the group it was noticed by Greta, who joined our group very quickly following that. The rest is history.
“Up we get, babe, I've got a run to do and you're coming with.” He spoke as he settled in to sit beside me.
“You can't bring women on a run, Luke, and you know that.” I looked from the wall up to his grinning face that was leaning in over me.
“You're an exception to the rule, babe.” He smirked and I narrowed my eyes at his dancing ones. “Get up and dressed or I'll dress you myself. I'm giving you five.” He said giving my hip a squeeze before leaving, closing the door behind him. Groaning I rolled to my back before pushing up out of the bed. I knew he wasn't lying, it's how he got me out of bed on day two of being home. While I put up a good fight, I was quite surprised how talented Lucas was at putting pants on a girl. Standing I walked to my wardrobe. Grabbing the first pair of jeans and top my fingers touched I  turned to brushed out my hair leaving it down and wavy. I met him out in the main area where he was sitting with the other men and women. They all turned to look at me as I approached.
“Ready?” I asked raising an eyebrow and watched as he smirked at me approvingly.
“Ready, babe. Lets hit it.” Grabbing his cut we called goodbye as we walked out to his bike.
“Where are we going?” I asked as I swung a leg over the bike. He didn't answer straight away as he waited for me to settle in and wrap my arms around his waist. Once I was in place he started the engine.
“Just enjoy,  babe. We're not leaving town by too far.” Was the only answer he gave me. The bike rumbled down the drive, shooting out onto the main road before we headed straight through town and out. The sun was shining down above us, heating my skin against the breeze whipping past me. We weren't on the bike more than a half hour before we pulled to a stop in a secluded bar.
“What am I meant to do as you take care of whatever needs to be taken care of?” I asked as I got off the bike and stood by him. The whole yard was covered in bikes showing that it was a biker bar we had pulled up to. Lucas swung off and came to stand close over me, giving me his cheeky grin once again.
“You follow me and do what I say, babe. Yeah?” he nodded towards the door once I nodded indicating to head that way. I froze once I got inside the door unsure where to go. Lucas heat came up against my back, his lips dropping to my ear.
“Back booth, sit there. Back to the bar babe, I'll need a view of the place.” He nodded his head against mine and I looked where he meant, swiftly moving that way, ignoring the many bikers in attendance. I slid into my seat watching Lucas slide into his before grabbing the menus and  handing one to me.
“Order what you want, babe. Get yourself a drink too, we'll be here awhile.” Lucas said looking at his menu and I acted in kind. Silence descended between us after we had ordered and I lost myself in thought.
“Thanks, Darling.” Lucas talking to the waitress that put our food down in front of us brought me out of my thoughts and back into the bar. I smiled in thanks to her as she slid my bowl across the table. Lucas had ordered a burger while I had just gotten a bowl of chips.
“Luke?” I asked pouring ketchup onto the side of the bowl. Reaching across the table he nabbed a chip.
“Yeah, babe?” he asked his focus on his food.
“What are we here for? Or who even?” I asked him.
“You.” He answered and I frowned.
“What?” I asked confused.
“Here for you, babe. Run today was to get you out of the compound for a few hours. Serious reward in it for me too.” He grinned at me and I blinked in shock.
“Excuse me, are you joking?” I snapped out feeling like I had made mistake number one of the day by listening to Lucas this morning and agreeing to join him. However, within seconds I watched as the fun bled from his face and Lucas became very serious.
“Feels like we're losing you, babe. You're stung so tight you'll snap you don't distract yourself. We got you back but we don't have you back, babe. We want you back.” Reaching across the table Lucas grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles.
“I'm back, Luke. Promise.” I said and watched him as he didn't bother hiding his doubt.
“Then, babe, promise me this. You and I are going doing something every day or two, I don't care if it's an hour or if it's the whole day. You need to leave your room and join your family again.” His eyes held the seriousness of the situation and it caused a light to switch on in me. I needed to move on and get back to my family before they started to think I wasn't with them anymore.
“I'd like that.” I whispered back and watched relief wash over his face.
“Right, babe. Eat your chips and lets get moving. I want to take a ride before we head home.” Leaning back away from me, he commenced eating and I did the same.
"Do I want to know what your reward is for getting me out of the house?" I asked slightly disgusted by the smile that settled onto his face as he laughed.
"Nope." He laughed and I left the conversation at that. When we finished I rose from my seat and walked straight through the bar still not paying attention to the people around me, Lucas heat tucked close at my back. You could say that was mistake number two of the day because had I glanced even around once I would have noticed Smiles and Zip sitting at the bar watching my every move. We were pulled out of the drive by a minute before they were mounting their bikes doing the same, heading towards the Savages compound.