Chapter twenty- Just stay true to you

Daria
With every second passing my heart began to pound harder in my chest. Fiachra wasn't saying anything. Everyone stood still around the grounds, nobody moving until my move was made. I could feel my family staring at me but I couldn't stop myself as I walked over to stand in front of Fiachra. He glanced down at me, his eyes blank before staring ahead once again. Everyone stood in suspense, eyes glued to us. The air was thick with mixed emotions grom both sides.
“Fiachra?” I grabbed his attention again and he looked back down at me. He didn't react otherwise.
“Ria! Now!” Enzo yelled from behind me, his voice clipped, biting into me. Ignoring it, I stepped further into Fiachra, holding his gaze, demanding his focus be on me.
“Am I walking away?” I asked him raising my eyebrows in challenge. He shrugged his shoulders, another hit to my heart.
“Debts paids, Daria.” He replied simply and I felt myself get angry.
“That's not what I asked.” I snapped and again he fell silent, watching me. “Am I walking away? Am I getting on the back of another mans bike and leaving us behind? Leaving you, this, behind?” I demanded this time. His jaw clenched.
"A deals a deal, I don't go back on them. I made your brother a promise.” His words were simple but the message in them clear. He'd never made me any promises. My world shook slightly as fury raced through me. I had my hands planted on his chest to shove him backwards before I registered the movement. Surprise splashed across his face, the only hint of emotion he had shown since the Vultures had arrived.
“Why? Does it make you feel good, hm? Do you feel like you have control if you don't open yourself to anything that could make you vulnerable in this life? ” I demand on a shout. He didn't respond and I felt it within me, I needed a response from him. My hands once again shoved him backwards and I followed keeping myself close. “Answer me, dammit. I deserve an answer.”
“Ria, enough! It's done, let this go. The money is paid in full.” He kept himself calm and in that moment I hated him for it. Hated him for being so composed while I could feel myself falling to pieces.
“How much am I worth so, hm? How much did it cost him to get me back? How much is letting this go worth? Was it worth it?” I snapped, my voice ugly. His eyes sharpened as they narrowed.
“let it go, and go, Daria.” Daria, not little bird. Something I didn't think I'd miss until I'd lost it and it would appear I'd lost it. I glanced around at the men around us but none of them looked our way, they kept their focus on my family in front of them.
“I walk away, Fox, I won't be coming back. No matter what.” I said under my breath for him to hear. Behind me I could hear several of the men calling my name but I didn't react, keeping my focus on Fox in front of me.
“Good. You were never meant to be here in the first place.” No heat was behind his words. Instead they almost sounded scripted. Nonetheless they cut like a knife, tearing further into my heart.
“Was I a joke? Will you laugh about me the minute I'm on the back of one of their bikes? The sister of the Vultures president being your latest piece of ass.” I laughed bitterly.
“Do not talk about yourself like that, swear to God I'll-” he grew fierce in an instant, leaning down over me. “You were, nor will you, ever be that”. He bit the words out.
“What am I so?” I shot back just as quick and his head moved back and away from me. His expression once again closed off.
“You walk away right now, nothing more than a Vulture to this club.”  He said it so breesily I shook my head in shock before stepping back towards my brother. Fiachra tracked that movement with his eyes.
"You told me I had the prettiest smile,” I felt the men around us shift uneasily at the change in my voice, at the intimate moment between me and Fox was shared out loud, “Beauty so stark it would bring a man to his knees.” I whispered his words from this morning, taking another step away from him as he flinched involuntarily. “You're standing quite tall and steady on those feet, Fox. I get it.” I turned with the end blow, swiftly making my way towards the men, watching them all begin to get back on their bikes.
"Thank fuck." Lucas breathed out, tossing a helmet my way. I reached the side of his bike and swung my leg over feeling it rumble to life instantly. I hadn't sat fully on the seat before we were speeding down the road. I wasn't aware of anything around me, I barely noticed how the men surrounded us, keeping me tucked safe in the middle of the bikes. All that kept playing through my head was how in the first few steps away from him, Fiachra had the chance to reach forward and grab me, pull me back into him. Keep me.
All I could think about over and over again is that he didn't.

"Hell fucking no! Get back here, Daria!" Enzo roared from his bike in the front but I ignored him, pushing my way through people into the main lounging area.
“What the fuck have you been doing the last month and a half, Ria? Making a mockery of your family, of my club?” my brother roared behind me as he caught up to me before I could make it to the hall where my room was. He wasn't alone as all the men followed him, baring down on me. Our family filled out the rest of the room, all of them freezing  quickly as they focused on Enzo lose his shit.
“Leave it.” I snapped over my shoulder continuing forward. I didn't make it a few steps before he caught my shoulder and spun me to face him as he crowded over me, nostrils flaring.
“You represent me,” he shoved a finger into my chest, emphasizing his point, “You-"
“No! You represent all of us and it was you who decided to fuck with the Savages and steal from them. You-" I poked his chest in return, “made us look bad, you put us all in trouble. When people talk about who fucked up worse with our family, they won't be talking about me, brother dearest, they'll talk about how you put us there, put us in danger. We kept ourselves safe in there, we kept ourselves sane. So fuck you, I don't owe you anything right now!” I screamed right into his face, my voice full of pained anger. I didn't wait around for him to reply. I fled in a rush, pushing through my family who reached for me as I escaped the room. My breathing was panting out of me, quick puffs that caused my head to spin in circles. I collapsed on my bed, tears soaking into my pillow, the silent ones. The ones that stream in little rivers down your cheek, soaking through everything and making it frail, much like I felt right now. I didn't hear the door open but I felt the girls surround me on the bed. Aurora wrapped around me, her forehead pressed against me while Greta settled in behind me, cuddling into my back.
“Shh. It'll be okay, Ria.”  Aurora whispered to me and a laugh, half a sob, broke from my chest . Her eyes were easy to read as she stared into mine. Her words were the words people say when they don't have anything else to say. They were words that more often than not held no hope. Her eyes spoke the words silently as she stared at me.
Mine reflected them.