chapter six- no love found

Daria

“I’m over this.” Cecilia spat out, jumping up from her cot in the corner. Simultaneously we all turned to look at her from our cots. “We’ve been in here days, days without being let out.” she snapped looking at us like we were crazy. “My hair has not been washed in I don’t know how long and I really don’t want to think about it.” she started to sound hysteric.
“By all means, leave.” Greta invited sarcastically, lying her head back on her pillow and closing her eyes again. We’d been locked in here for what felt like years but had only a few days and slowly we were going crazy being cooped up together like this.
“Excuse me?” Cecilia turned to look at Greta, narrowing her eyes. “ No need to be rude.” she finished. Greta laughed and shook her head.
“Oh sorry, you’re right. It’s not like we’ve all been sitting in our own dirt for the last few days. It’s only been you, so sure. Raise your voice, yell and give out, we will all sit quietly and feel sorry for you but...Oh that’s right, we have been too! You don’t see me yelling.” she finished on a yell shooting up in her bed to glare at Cecilia.
Uh oh. This was bad.
“Ladies...” Aurora called calmly, rising to sitting as well.
“Now you listen here,” Cecilia dropped one hand onto her hip glaring at Greta who rose to standing. “I’m just saying-"
“Well don't.” Greta interrupted and a shocked gasp spread through the room.
“Ok, now girls. Look it’s been a long few-" I rose swiftly to stand between the two girls, who took steps toward each other, diminishing the space between them.
"Mind your business, Ria.” Cecilia snapped and I spun slowly to look at her.
“Excuse me? Do you want to say that again?” I scoffed raising my eye brows at her.
“Ok seriously. Everyone needs to take a breather. We’re all in need of a shower and some good shampoo I agree-" Aurora commented softly in her silky voice but was drained out by Cecilia.
“This isn’t about my hair anymore. This is about Greta being a bitch for no reason. Being sarcastic and rude-"
“Oh well, hello kettle.” I snapped crossing my arms over my chest. I heard Greta laugh behind me as Cecilia eyes shot to me.
“Ooh what’s that supposed to mean?” she mirrored my pose.
“I mean your ‘mind your business’ comment. If you want to keep your business to yourself, sweetie, don’t be yelling about it in a crowded room.” I snapped back at her.
“Don’t you ‘sweetie” me!” Cecilia snapped back.
"Hey don’t start this.” Aurora said in a sharper voice.
“Stay out of this.” I commented and heard Greta laugh sarcastically behind me.
“Well would you look at that, another kettle in our mist.” Greta clapped her hands mockingly and I swung to face her.
“You started this shit!” I pointed a finger at her. "If you had been nice and supporting instead of-" I ranted before Cecilia interrupted me. Again.
“Oh because you’ve been so supportive!” she exaggerated her words in an attempt to show how foolish she thought I was.
“What do you want me to do? Break the door down? It isn’t my fault were here!” I threw out my arms.
“He’s your brother.” Greta said from behind me and I spun in anger.
“And he’s your old man. You should have the cop on to guide him in a better direction than he went and don’t lie, he definitely dropped hints to you about his plan. He did not say shit to me, hence the reason I have nothing to do with this!” I snapped. Suddenly it was like a contest, each one of us trying to be louder and more obnoxious than the other until we fell silent when the door to our room slammed open.
Right hand man stood staring at us, an extremely pissed off look on his face.
“Shut it.” he ground out. None of us responded, we simply looked back at him.
“You’re needed tonight. You’re to wear what your given and follow what the girls tell you to do. You have to be presentable.” he grinned wickedly in a way that made me think our version of presentable was different to his. Without further instruction he exited the room slamming it closed and locking it. We stood in silence, playing his words over in our heads.
“Do you think that means we will get a shower?” Cecilia broke the silence softly. I closed my eyes in exasperation.