Chapter twenty-six- Imma pick up a rock

Daria
We walked back into the main area hand in hand. I watched as my family took that in. Enzo purse his lips from the couch.
"You know what you're doing, Sis?" he called and I squeezed Fiachras fingers in mine.
"Yeah. Yeah I do. I know this isn't easy, on any of you but I cant stop this. I want to see where it can go and I would love you to be a part of it." I said gently willing him to be patient with this. I watched him watch us before he nodded slowly.
"Your future Sis, your funeral." he replied cruelly. Fiachras fingers were the ones to squeeze the life out of mine this time.
"Will you support me in this? can I come home when I want, see you all when we gather? Am a still part of this family even if I amn't here." I asked terrified of the answer, feeling my family watch my brother intently. A weight lifted from my shoulders as I watched his face soften.
"You're ours and we're yours, always. Some Savage bikers aren't going to change that." he smiled at me and my eyes narrowed.
"If you're letting me go, you're welcoming them in, Enzo." I stated, not asking for agreement, simply confirming a fact.
"Babe, they would have been dropped died the minute they entered our property if your brother hadn't thought about this over the last few weeks. you have the clubs blessing." Luke laughed staring mockingly at Fiachra and while I felt Fiachra shift from foot to foot, he otherwise didn't acknowledge the sentence.
"Thank you." I replied wholeheartedly to the group, knowing the gift they were giving me. Had my brother said no, there would have been no further discussion on the matter.
"Having said that, Fox, you're overstaying your welcome at least for today," my brother told Fiachra before looking at me, "you're to come home at least once every two weeks. Don't forget about your family." he ordered and I smiled at him knowing he was letting me walk forward happy. The group started to move then, some leaving the room, some beginning to chat. I found myself swarmed with women being hugged and kissed goodbye and I had to laugh at their behaviour.
"Guys! I'm not moving half way across the world, you'll see me." I called out evebtually getting the crowd to disperse. Moving through them I first approached my brother to kiss his cheek before making my way to Fiachra who was at the door waiting for me. With a last wave we walked out the door towards the Savage men who stood calming leaning against their bikes. Mot one of them had moved a inch.
"Gotta say babe, your familys the shit. The loyalty in that room..." he left it hanging and I felt a smile split my face in half.
"I know." I agreed softly, understanding the sacrifice they'd made letting me have my happiness and knowing I'd never let it go unappreciated.
"I owe your brother." he replied and my smile turned sweet.
"I know." I said softly as we reached his men.
"Welcome back, girl."
"Hey babe."
"About time, our boys been moping." continous greeting hit me with half hugs as the men stood around us.
"No! No more, let it be!" I heard yelled from behind me and turned to watch Aurora yank her arm furiously out of her cousins hand as they both battled in a tug-a-war as Aurora tried to get out the door while Dante tried to yank her back in.
"Dont be a fool!" He snapped condescendingly as she wiggled her arm back and forth.
"It has nothing to do with you! It's what I want. what I want matters, damn it, more than some stupid rules! I'm a grown woman, I can make my own choices. " With a sudden heave bavkwards she broke his grip on her arm. Without dely she flew at us before catapulting herself bodily through Smiles who had risen to his full height at the sight of her. My jaw dropped as I watched her collide with him and burrow into his chest, her arms coming around his waist.
"I'm sorry. I made a mistake." I heard her whisper into his chest and watched as Smiles stood frozen looking down at the top of her head, his arms hanging loosely at his sides.
"Aurora, get your ass up here! One shame is enough on this family! Your father will disown you the minute he hears about this." Dante roared disgusted and she turned on him with a fire in her I've never seen before. Standing tall, feet planted apart she squared her shoulders, looking him dead in the eye.
"Let him! I don't care. You aren't the Pres, Enzo is and he is okay with this. He's okay with his own sister, which means he won't give a damn about me. So get behind your brother or shut your mouth on the matter!" she screamed and I heard the men around us, along with me, suck in a quick breath at her disrespectful words. Dantes face reddened in outraged before he started towards her. Quick as a flash Smiles had her behind him.
"I wouldn't." he rumbled out quietly but that's all he had to do because Dante stopped in his tracks. Slowly he looked from person to person in front of him before he focused back on his cousin who was now peeking out from behind Smiles.
"Your mother would roll in her grave she knew you were acting this way." Dante spat and I felt his words hit my heart as Auroras chin wobbled. Of all of our families, hers had always been very religious and dedicated to more traditional values and while Aurora had always respected said traditions, there are times life leads you in a different direction.
"She'd roll twice as much hearing you tell her daughter not to be happy." I said back and watched him laugh sarcastically.
"You cannot say anything, Ria after everything this family-" he started to gear into a rant again.
"Enough!" came sharply from behind him from Enzo. "I've spoken. I've okay'd it, we've had a vote, Dante. You voted and it was valid but it didn't win. Majority rules. Walk it off." he nodded his head to the garden and I watched Dante take a furious breath in through his nose before he shook his head again at Aurora and stormed away. the air was thick around me and in my lungs.
"Leave please. My club need some peace for the evening." Enzo called and with a quick nod from Fiachra his men began to get on their bikes. However, I couldn't move as I watched Smiles stare down at a terrified Aurora who looked so unsure my heart bled for her.
"Even just to talk to me, please. Let me talk." she whispered and it was a few minutes of engines roaring to life and bikes shooting away before Smiles slowly nodded, his face giving nothing away.
"Get on my bike, Little bird." Fiachra whispered in my ear. I got on the bike feeling my families eyes watching me as we rode away from them, towards a new beginning.