Chapter 5

Kuro awoke slowly, still feeling exhausted as he did. He kept his eyes shut and sighed, burying his face into the pillow he was resting on. He didn't sleep well last night. Apparently after the time he and (y/n) were separated the girl had reverted back to her old sleeping patterns, something that ended up disrupting kuro's rest.
     He laid tiredly for a moment before yawning and sitting up. His gaze fell down to (y/n) sleeping soundly beside him. 'Oh, so now you're asleep...' he thought as a huff escaped his lungs. Slowly the scent of food began to reach him from the other room; Mahiru was already awake. He sighed and slowly dragged himself out of bed, he knew he would have to get up soon anyways. Once he was up, the vampire stretched for a moment and then trudged his way out of the room.

Kuro yawned and stepped into the area between the kitchen and the dining room. Mahiru was in the kitchen cooking something. The eve heard someone near and looked up, seeing kuro.
     "Ah, there you are. I was about to call for you." Mahiru said as he looked back down to his cooking. "Is (y/n) still asleep?" He asked curiously.
     Kuro sighed and sat down at the table, resting his head in his hands. "Yeah... she didn't sleep well..." he mumbled. "..she kept me up too..."
     Mahiru was quiet in thought for a moment before realizing something and looking back up. "You two share a bed??" He asked.
     "Is that a problem..?" Kuro asked bluntly as he looked up to his eve.
     "No" the boy shrugged looking back down to the stove. "I just didn't know you two were like that"
     Kuro yawned and plopped himself down at the table, "Ah, quit being a pain and finish cooking.." he mumbled. He didn't want to talk that much anymore, and he was starting to get hungry anyways. Mahiru sighed and rolled his eyes at the vampire as he continued to cook.
A few minutes later the boy finally finished preparing breakfast and set down a plate for Kuro before getting his own. The two ate quietly, Mahiru was quick so he could get ready for school but Kuro took his time. The vampire poked around at his food as his eyes wandered, settling at the bedrooms' hallway.

(Y/n) peered out to the main rooms shyly before entering. She honestly didn't know where anyone was at the moment and felt a bit awkward in her new living space.
     "Oh, (y/n)! Good morning!" Mahiru greeted as soon as he caught sight of the quiet girl.
     "Morning.." she replied as she made her way to the living room.
      "There's breakfast here if you're hungry" the boy offered.
      (Y/n) looked up to him for a moment and shook her head as she sat down on the couch. "Thanks, but I don't really eat breakfast... I might eat it later though" she said. She waited for the boy to acknowledge before turning to the tv. The news was on and it seemed like it would be sunny all day.
"Gross..." the girl mumbled to herself. She'd be stuck inside like usual. She sighed and laid back, shutting her eyes.
     "What's your problem..?" Kuro muttered beside her. He had left his meal to see her.
     "Nothing.." she huffed.
     (Y/n) felt the couch sink next to her as the vampire hummed in response. His arms slowly wrapped around her waist until she was pulled close. A smirk laced her lips as he rested his head on her shoulder. She had missed him acting like this with her.
     "Ya know..." she said opening her eyes, "I'm a little surprised you're awake right now... you even left me asleep"
"Ah.. Mahiru drags me to school early.." kuro sighed.
     "Right" (y/n) replied. "How's It been with him by the way?" She asked. She didn't know much about the vampire's new eve, but she figured he wasn't nearly as bad as she felt she was.
     "Eh.. it doesn't matter.." Kuro mumbled, nuzzling himself into the girl's neck. Soon after, Mahiru called from the other room to get ready to leave. The servamp ignored him wanting to stay where he was.

     "Kuro. C'mon we're going to be late" Mahiru called again as he grabbed his things.
     "Agh. Skip school..." kuro whined keeping his monotonous voice.
     "I can't just skip school for you, lazy ass. Besides, I have to help out for the school festival." Mahiru retorted.
     The vampire groaned and eventually slipped away from his subclass, dragging himself from the couch.
     "Festival?" (Y/n) asked, turning to Mahiru.
"Yeah, my school has one every year" he replied.
"what's it like?" She asked. Intrigue setting in since she hadn't seen anything but the inside of the Alicein manor for ages.
"It's pretty cool, you could come if you wanted-"
"No she can't.." kuro cut in with a yawn.
"What? Why not??" (Y/n) questioned, turning back to kuro.
He stared down to her with his usual bored expression, but he could feel something trying to surface inside him. He looked to the side deciding not to speak. She knew well enough that she wasn't allowed outside.
Luckily he heard Mahiru's phone buzz, it was time to leave. Who would've thought kuro would be saved by school?
(Y/n) seemed to know what the buzz meant and huffed, "when you get back we're having a talk" she demanded. She didn't understand why it was so important to kuro for her to be inside, and she honestly hated the rule.
"This is such a pain..." he muttered before taking his cat form and climbing on top of the boy's shoulder. Mahiru sent a confused look to the girl but she waved it off indicating for him to not worry about it. Soon enough the boy's phone buzzed again, and he picked it up quickly to read the notifications.
"Ah, I'm going to be late if I don't leave now" he huffed. "The festival is in a couple weeks, we'll have time to talk about it when I get back from class Okay?"
"Yeah." (Y/n) sighed. "Now don't be late" she said.
Mahiru nodded and made his way to the door quickly. "We'll be back around 4, (y/n). Help yourself to whatever you like." He called from the door.
"Okay, have a nice day" She responded as he left for school. The door closed behind him and she huffed, now alone in the apartment.
She looked around briefly as the area began to fill with silence. She felt weird, just being alone in someone else's apartment for the whole day. But it occurred to her that this would become a regular thing. A long and quiet sigh escaped her lips as she laid back against the couch, the only thing she could do was prepare herself for a long and eventless day until Kuro and Mahiru returned.

_________________________
Oof what is plot?
How does one write??
I'm trying Okay ;-;
(Crapter)