Chapter 33

"What are you three doing here??"
"We need you to join us in the Tokyo branch facility."

~

"..(y/n)..?"

The girl had somewhat stumbled onto her knees. The group turned towards her. Lawless and Licht had already left. The only reason kuro and mahiru were still there, was her.
She had suddenly found it hard to breathe.
She didn't hear mahiru's calls towards her.
'What's happening..? I don't understand. Why.. is C3 here?? What's changed?'
A hand placed itself on her shoulder. She jumped slightly, looking up to find kuro in front of her.
He frowned.

     "(Y/n)..." he called. He looked off to the side, his eyes tilting down as if he were hiding away slightly.
     He didn't seem that worried about her at the moment, more of the situation.
     (Y/n) furrowed her brows.
     "You're.. okay with this?" She asked, skeptically.
     The servamp looked at her with a sigh.
     "Everything We've been through, and you're fine with letting C3 take us now??"
     "(Y/n).." he said quietly, "it's our only option right now..."
     "Only option- you're just gonna go with them because they asked you to?" She questioned. Part of her felt betrayed. What had changed? Why was kuro suddenly so okay with all of this? "Why cant you tell them no? You've done that plenty of times before." She argued.
     "It's different now.."
     (Y/n) pushed herself away from kuro's grasp. "How?" She asked, "how is it different?"
     Kuro moved forwards, but (y/n)'s stance told him to stop. She was defensive towards him suddenly.
     He sighed, and looked down. "..I want to be able to work everything out this time..." he whispered. "I.. don't want to run.. I can't avoid my problems anymore.."
     (Y/n) felt her chest tighten.
     Kuro really had changed while the two were separated. But (y/n) remained the same. She still had pain in her heart. She didn't have the strength to face it, to face anything.
     Tears began to cloud the girl's vision.
     "I-I don't understand..." she whispered, shaking her head. He placed her hands on the ground, her hair covering her face. "You don't- I cant-..." she stumbled.
Her body was visibly shaking.
'The one that killed me.... is standing right there...'
'Why would we go with them..?'

The sound of footsteps neared the two vampires. Mahiru made his way towards them, and lowered himself to his knees in front of the girl.
He reached out to touch her shoulder. She didn't move away.
"(Y/n)... C3 were the ones that helped us against tsubaki.." he told her. "They helped me, and kuro.. we need to trust them."
The girl lowered her head to the floor.
'I can't...'
She said nothing.
'They're not gonna take no for an answer...'
'I can't do anything...'
She slowly lifted her head, keeping her eyes on the ground.
'This feeling is awfully familiar...'
A tear slipped across her cheek.
     She knew she was becoming a burden.
"...okay.." she gave up.

She awkwardly followed everyone to a car that had been waiting for them. It had three rows of seats. Mahiru sat in the front with one C3 member. She and kuro were in the middle. Two other C3 members rested in the back. She looked out the window as the car sputtered to life. It was snowing outside.
     The car began to move forwards.

     "Sorry for the trouble." The driving C3 member called. He looked in the rear view mirror towards (y/n), then back to the road. Mahiru looked over to him with a sigh.
     "Oh- kurumamori-san-" the boy replied.
     "Jun- call me that, it's easier."
     "O-oh, alright." Mahiru replied. "But it's okay, Jun-san... she's just.. scared." He said awkwardly.
     (Y/n) sank a little deeper into her seat listening to that comment.
     "I guess it makes sense..." Jun muttered to himself. He looked back to the other two C3 members through his mirror, and sighed.
     "Well hey, why don't we grab something to eat, Tokyo is kinda far."
     "Yes! Yes!" Another one of the men said from the back.
     The car accelerated. They turned off of the freeway.

     The only reason (y/n) even got out of the car was because she didn't want to be left alone in C3's vehicle. She followed the group into the restaurant and sat down silently at the end of the large table they were given.
     They were soon asked what they'd like to drink. Two of the C3 members ordered wine enthusiastically, Mahiru and Jun asked for juice, and kuro ordered soda.
     (Y/n) had yet to even touch her menu.
     Kuro told the server to bring water for her.

      "Are you sure this is okay?" Mahiru asked Jun.
     The brunette waived his hand, "it's fine, the company pays for it anyways."
     The eve tensed slightly, reading the menu, "but there's an extra zero... so expensive..." he muttered to himself.

     Kuro nudged (y/n) slightly. She looked over slowly.
     "You not eating anything..?" He asked in a soft tone. She still hadn't touched the menu.
     She sighed and lowered her head, holding onto her waist. "... I'm not hungry.." she lied.
     Kuro looked at her sadly. He knew she wasn't doing well, and it was technically his fault in a way.
     "..I'm sorry, (y/n)..." he told her.
     She didn't answer him.
     He placed a hand on her knee, but she didn't move. A sigh escaped his lips. The server soon came back to take orders. (Y/n) had told the guy she didn't want anything; it was the first time she had spoken in an hour. Kuro ended up ordering (f/f) in the hopes that (y/n) would eat it later at the least.

     "..You should at least drink some water..." Kuro mumbled, sliding the girl's glass closer to her slightly.
     She looked at it. She probably needed to eat and drink, but she felt like she couldn't. Despite the pit in her stomach she felt like she wouldn't be able to hold anything. She had no appetite.
     She sighed, closing her eyes.
     Mahiru said something to kuro, and so the servamp's attention was pulled away from (y/n). She released her held breath, and hesitantly took a sip from her glass of water before setting it down. Her arms returned to being wrapped around her waist. She watched from the corners of her eyes as Kuro spoke to the others, and leaned back slightly. Kuro sat back as well. He pushed his plate to the side between conversations.
    (Y/n) glances up to him questioningly.
     He didn't say anything about it.
     It ended up going untouched, and boxed up for later.

     They returned to the car.
     The blonde and ravenette in the back were much more rowdy now that they had had a few glasses of wine in their system. They were constantly talking or joking, one in particular even came up to the front and grabbed Jun while he was driving.
     (Y/n) was intensely trying to ignore them.
Luckily, the sound of one of their phones ringing shut them all up. Jun answered the call on speaker.
     "Quiet you two-! This is kurumamori speaking.."
     "This is the violation management section. We have confirmation of a violating subclass in the area"
     (Y/n) tensed.
     "We request that code balder, hod, and Thor handle this emergency. Authorized to fight. Hod will examine the situation and decide whether to let balder release his limiter."
     "Five targets, capture is priority."
     "Erasure is permitted."

     The car sped down the streets towards the death of five subclass.
     Mahiru, Kuro, and (y/n) remained locked in the vehicle while it happened, but everything was still in view. As the bodies turned to ash, the girl hid her head in her hands, her fingers grasping at her scalp.
     C3 killed others so easily. Their methods were so harsh.
     Everyone was reminded of that.

_____________________________
I. Hate. Transition chapters!!!
Ugh I'm so sorry guys this is a load of crap but we are officially into the C3 ARC.
Time for some MAJOR angst, drama and action! Get hyped!