Chapter 24

(Y/n) sighed as her eyes stared up at the sky. Her gaze trailed against the elegant stars as she rested her hands behind her head. She was laid on her back, taking deep, slow breaths. Her ribs hurt slightly; These past few days had been utter hell.

"..(y/n)..?" A low, tired voice called, the sound of the sliding wicker door book-covered his sound.
The subclass looked back, catching a glimpsed the blue-haired servamp. She let out a hum to acknowledge him, and returned her gaze to the sky. The servamp sat down next to her quietly.
He looked down to her with tired eyes; She seemed unsettled, but at the moment he was too. "..You okay..?" He decided to ask.
(Y/n) gave a slow shrug. She eventually pushed herself up from the ground, and rested her elbows on her knees. Her bandaged hands supported her chin.
"I guess.." she mumbled softly. She knew that kuro had been a bit gloomy lately, but for some reason she had too picked up the mood. It was an odd yet familiar feeling for her; she didn't quite know if anything was 'wrong.'
     "What about you? Are you alright?" She asked the vampire. She looked over her shoulder at him, and watched as he crawled forwards to sit behind her.
     He let out a low hum as his arms encircled her. "...who cares.." he muttered.
     (Y/n) brushed a hand through his hair, "I do," she replied, "you know that.."
     Kuro only hummed. He rested his head on her shoulder tiredly, his eyes falling shut. The sight of the girl's bandages upset him a bit, but he ignored it. He listened to the girl's breaths contently.

     They sat comfortably, but suddenly, (y/n)'s head perked up at a sound. She squinted. "Did you hear that?"
     The servamp glanced at her, confused. His ears weren't as sensitive as hers, but she was the only thing he had been paying attention to anyway. "What..?" He muttered.
The girl sat up, she pulled herself away from Kuro's grasp as she stood.
Kuro huffed as he followed her to the screen door. He peered over her shoulder as she opened it, shifting his gaze around the room to see what was inside.

Mahiru, Hugh, and Tetsu were still talking as they were before. But there was someone else present in the room. Kuro's eyes widened.
"Lily..?" (Y/n) asked in shock.
The blonde looked over. "Oh, hi~" he waved with a soft smile.
The girl entered slowly, and suddenly, she pulled the tall servamp into an embrace.
"I was so worried.." (y/n) said softly. "Are you and Misono okay..?"
The servamp stood still for a moment, before letting out a soft hum and returning the girl's sweet embrace. "Yes, yes, we're alright.." he said. His fingers felt something rough against (y/n)'s skin, and he looked down to it. He tilted his head at the sight of the girl's bandaged limbs. "Are.. you, alright..? What's this..?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.
     (Y/n) stepped back. She looked at him weirdly. Did he not know what they were for. Did he not remember what happened?
     "Uhm.. I Uh." She searched for any sort of words. "I hurt myself training with Mahiru.." she lied. She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, deciding it was best not to bring up the extent of Lily's rampage.
     The blonde servamp blinked a couple times before letting out a quiet sigh. "(Y/n), dear, you need to be careful.."
     "Yeah.." (y/n) agreed, looking off to the side. "I do..."

     "Lily!" Misono called from the other room.
     The blonde servamp grinned sheepishly. "Oh, it seems I've got to go." He said nicely. He waved a goodbye to (y/n) and his brother, before making his exit to the other room.
     (Y/n) watched him leave, biting her lip awkwardly. 'Lily seems... off' she thought to herself. Just as she did, a pair of arms draped around her.
Kuro hummed tiredly next to her ear. (Y/n) held her hands over his, tilting her head slightly as he rested against her shoulder.
"What's wrong?" The subclass asked. Kuro tended to be more clingy when something bothered him.
He didn't answer her, though. He just held onto the girl with lidded eyes; his fingers softly tracing small shapes against her skin.
They traced over the rough bandages that circled up (y/n)'s arms. It gave a feeling of nostalgia, though he didn't really consider it a good feeling. It reminded him of the past, but he didn't stop; having the girl in his arms gave him a sense of security he desperately needed.
But at the same time it worried him.