Chapter 27

"Who do you think you are!"

Lawless' hand collided with mahiru's chest. The eve flew back with the same force Licht had. He tensed in fear, unable to protect himself, however when a loud crash filled his ears, he felt no pain. An arm wrapped around him. He opened his eyes slowly.
     He realized that kuro had taken the brunt of the impact for him.
     "I hate this..." the servamp grunted.
     "kuro..?" Mahiru winced.

A long, slow chuckle echoed throughout the theater. All eyes turned to the source, as lawless took a moment to regain his composure.
"Ohohoho~..." he laughed. "So That's how it is, huh?" He asked, though it was unclear who it was directed towards.
     He noticed his brother's commitment towards his eve, and sneered, turning towards (y/n). His hand suddenly clasped around the girl's throat, a twisted grin overcoming his expression.
     He stopped kuro from advancing with a simple glare. The two stood worriedly, unable to do anything with the power lawless suddenly held over them.
     (Y/n) clawed at the servamp's hand, trying to loosed his grip but to no avail. She whimpered fearfully, trying her best to stay calm despite her depleting source of air. 
Lawless seemed to like that.
He looked to mahiru, and to kuro.
"Who is it you really want to protect?!" He shouted so his voice would echo. His hand tightened around the girl's windpipe. He grinned as he heard her choke. But it wasn't that that pleased him, it was the grimace his brother wore while watching.
Mahiru attempted to protest, but lawless beat him to it. It was obvious who had control over the situation.
"You want to be some hero! But you wander around clueless!" He scolded. "You need to know the why, when, where, what and how of what you're trying to do. Who do you want to be? Acting so vaguely based on your own ideals gets you nowhere!" 
Mahiru stood in shock at the Servamp's words. 
"You won't become anyone, that way." The servamp exclaimed. His sharp glare penetrated the eve's soul for a moment, and finally, he let go of (y/n).
     She collapsed to the floor in a fit of coughs and pants. The sloth pair ran to her; the stage lights suddenly blared and shut off as they did.
     (Y/n) could feel a set of worried hands rest against her back, unsure and scared. the sound of buzzing lights filled her ears, and suddenly she noticed that lawless had made his way to the center of the stage.
A frustrated look covered his face, yet an eerie grin adorned his expression. He mumbled the words to a play, as he clutched his chest dramatically, looking mahiru dead in the eyes with a deadly glare. His voice echoed.
"You're my big brothers eve, yet you know absolutely nothing..!" He accused. Suddenly, a wide smile came over him, he took a short bow. "You want power..? Well let me entertain as I educate; let me tell you just how much you already have~"

The lights dimmed.
"Many years ago, in a forgotten time, there were seven siblings, all with their own life, but each with the same origin." The blonde spoke poetically.
"One morning, however, there was a shift in peace.. a letter was received, a letter from an old organization named C3~"

(Y/n) felt her body tense, but she felt kuro above her grow even more uncomfortable. He looked up to him worriedly as lawless continued, and watched as the servamp's normally tired expression darkened.
She felt like something was crushing her. She could hardly breathe. She could nearly feel the emotions radiating off of the vampire. What was going on? She had never seen him like this.

"The letter, had only one thing written on it." Lawless explained. "A command~ it requested-"
A large echoing impact interrupted the blonde. All eyes shifted to the blue-haired servamp. They stared in shock as they watched him recoil in his own turmoil. His eyes were fixated on the floor, his body radiating dark aura.
Something was terribly wrong.

     "Temper~ temper~. Wow big brother, I didn't know you still had it in you~ do you not want this story told??" Lawless asked teasingly.
     Kuro stayed silent, refusing to look up to the other.
     Lawless growled at the lack of response. He looked over to the two vulnerable specimens next to kuro, and smirked. He'd find a way to get his brother to act.
     He lifted his hand, a bright yellow glow filling the air until a long, sharp rapier landed in his grasp. He let out a long, slow chuckle, swinging his sword at the nearest victim.

     Suddenly kuro was in front of both his eve and subclass, the sword slashing into his shoulder. He grimaced at the stinging pain.
     Lawless began to shout, "sleep no more! He doth murder sleep!" He quoted, swinging again at the servamp.
     He attacked viciously as kuro attempted to protect himself, the blonde's pent up anger rising with every swing. He thrusted his rapier forwards, slashing kuro's hand, his shoulder, just missing his ear. Kuro did nothing to counter.
      He felt another pierce to his side, he stumbled to his knees, panting for breath.
     He was just standing there, letting his brother take out everything on him.
     (Y/n) watched in horror. She couldn't breathe. Why was this happening? Why had he chosen now of all times to give up his act of kindness? What had driven lawless so far?
     How far would he go..?
     (Y/n) couldn't bare to wait and find out.

     "Stop this!"  She moved before she even realized.
     Lawless' gaze shifted from his brother to the subclass as she stood in front of him. His eyes widened in shock, and then soon gave a menacing glare.
     There were no more crooked smiles. All that lawless could show was hatred.

     "Oh-oh~ look at you all high and mighty~!" The servamp taunted, venom dripping from his words. "Is our dear Juliet trying to become the hero in our story~?"
     The girl bit onto her lip nervously. She could see the fire in lawless's eyes, and it terrified her. But she wasn't going to back down.
     "Aha, you are~!" He chuckled, his gaze giving off a frightening expression. "It's too bad though.." he sighed, and suddenly his eyes followed redder than before, a sense of bloodlust and rage radiating off of him.
     "At the end of the day, Juliet lays dead."

     His rapier thrusted forwards. (Y/n) let out a sudden gasp as she raised her arms, the metal clanging against the black crystal that encased her limbs. She stumbled backwards, lawless following to land another attack.
      Dark shards grew from the ground beneath lawless, but he didn't seem to care. His eyes were dark with bloodlust and rage.
     Nothing (y/n) could do would stop him.
     The slicing sound of metal filled the air. (Y/n) felt the sharp end of the servamp's sword pierce through her, and stab into the wall behind her. She froze. Fearful tears formed in her eyes.
     "Lawless.." she choked. "W-why are you d-dong this?!"
     The servamp only glared at her.
     He didn't know why; he just felt rage. The burning emotion swirling and shifting through his veins. The feeling was so intense it hurt. Tears pricked at his eyes, but he blinked them away. He growled in anger, and forced his rapier deeper into the wall.
     A low, menacing chuckle escaped his lips. "Why..? hah.. you really are stupid aren't you, (y/n)..?!" He asked.
     The girl bit her lip.
"I thought about it. I thought about it for a long while!" He exclaimed, "but no matter what I think, I can't seem to find one thing about this world that is right!"
(Y/n) stared at him with wide eyes, questioning.
     "You think you know him? Sloth? You're wrong!" The servamp yelled, hitting the wall next to the girl. She flinched at his action. "All of the ocean would incarnadine with the blood that stains his hands! He murderous! Unforgivable!" He boomed.
His voice echoed through the theater.
"And yet.." the vampire slowed suddenly. His head lowered. "You're still here.." he muttered, "does the world not want his repent..?"
"Lawless, I-"
     "You.. should have died.. you should have.. why were you able to be saved..? But she..." the vampire began mumbling nonsense.
(Y/n) panted as she struggled to pull the sword from her flesh. "What are you-"
Lawless pushed his weapon in deeper to stop her, his eyes showing melancholy and rage. "Why has the story changed for you?! For him?!?!" He cut her off.
"Lawless-"
     "You should be dead!"

"-Enough!"
     A low, irritated voice interrupted the fighting. (Y/n) gasped, watching as the servamp in front of her was suddenly send across the room with a powerful kick. Licht stood before her, wiping blood from the corner of his lips.
     He grunted in frustration, "you all make too much noise..." he muttered. His lead, a set of boots, glowed intensely, morphing and taking a new form in front of him as a dark shining piano. He sat at the bench, and looked up to lawless with a glare.
     "Shut up, and cry." He demanded, playing a large chord.
     (Y/n) froze at the sound.

     It's was beautiful... but what came after it was anything but...

___________________________
Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I'm trying to get these out fast while still having them be at least a little bit higher quality.

Give me comments I live off of them! I love talking to you all and hearing what you think!

Next chap will hopefully be out soon.