Chapter 15

The sun had yet to set, (y/n) and kuro sat in the shade of a small building so the girl wouldn't have to worry anymore about the sun. She wore jeans and a tank top along with her usual, black gloves. She wore her cloak to cover her head and shoulders. It wasn't the most comfortable outfit for the summer weather, but it was the least she could possibly wear while still being shielded from the sun until it's dissent.
    (Y/n) looked around. She, kuro and mahiru had been outside the festival area for a while because of the eve and his ignorance when it came to trust. He had asked someone from school if he was a vampire, and wound up with parking duty before the festival as a result. The boy wasn't even doing the job he was given however. Instead he ran from place to place, unable to say no to anything the visitors asked of him.

"Whelp... there he goes again" the girl sighed, watching as mahiru ran off to do another person's chore.
"Why can't he just do the parking and be done with it? What a waste of time..." Kuro complained beside her.
The girl shrugged, humming to answer him. She turned towards the servamp and her mind lit up with an idea. "Ya know~" she started, getting his attention, "it doesn't have to be a waste of our time" she smirked.
The servamp looked down to her, squinting at her as she spoke.
"We could go enjoy the festival while mahiru works~" she suggested, her tone sweet as she tried to convince the servamp. Kuro continued to look down to her with the same expression, and she pouted, leaning on to him. "C'mon~ it'd be such a waste for us to just sit here forever when the festival is twenty feet away" she pleaded.
There was a long moment of silence as kuro thought, and then soon a long sigh escaped his lungs. "Fine.." he huffed.
     The girl cheered to herself and stood, kuro soon did the same. They looked for shade, and made their way over to the festival grounds. The lights from the booths shone brightly and there were people everywhere.

     "This is such a pain..." kuro muttered as they walked through the crowded festival grounds.
     (Y/n) pouted as she looked up to him, "oh c'mon~ quit being so tense all the time~" she said, standing on her toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.
The vampire felt the corners of his lips twitch, and he looked away to hide his grin.
(Y/m) giggled knowing she had gotten a smile out of him. Satisfied, she turned forwards and led him through the festival. It was time for the two to enjoy themselves for once.

They went to several booths, a couple of shops and some small restaurants, ending up with arm loads of sweets and toys. After a while they decided to head back out, the didn't want to make mahiru worry with them missing. They made their way out of the festival grounds, stopping at the small bridge between the grounds and the parking lot.
"That was nice" (y/n) grinned as she looked down to all the things she had gotten.
Kuro hummed and unwrapped a caramel apple, "Yeah, I guess.." he mumbled as he enjoyed his snack.
Soon the two heard a tired sounding voice heading their way. They both looked up to see who it was.

"There you are!" Mahiru panted. He looked up to the two and his eyes grew wide in shock, "What, when did you have time to enjoy the festival?!"
"When you were going around doing everyone's chores" (y/n) shrugged.
"But I wasn't gone that long!" He protested.
"Never underestimate a hungry vampire.." Kuro replied as he ate his candy.
Mahiru sighed in defeat just accepting the fact that the two had been out. He took in a breath and sat down on the bridge, letting his back rest on the rails. He was tired from all the work he had been doing.
"Hey mahiru, you alright?" (Y/n) asked, looking down to him.
"Yeah, I'm fine just worn out.." he sighed.
Kuro rolled his eyes and looked down to the boy, "Well that's what you get for being so suspicious... Questioning people just isn't you, if it were up to me I'd suggest you just mind your own business.. don't go poking your nose where it shouldn't be" the vampire said.
"Yeah.. maybe you're right.." mahiru admitted. He looked down for a moment, but was interrupted as a man approached him.

"Excuse me, sir?" The man asked. "I've seem to have found this case laying around. Can you take it to the lost and found for me? I'm in a small hurry."
Mahiru looked up to him as the bag was placed into his grasp. "Uh, sure no problem." He replied as the man smiled back at him.
"Thank you so much" he said, leaving just as fast as he left.
The eve looked down to the brief case in his hands, he sighed. "I'm going to go take this to the lost and found I guess" he said as he stood. "You two wait here"

(Y/n) and kuro watched as mahiru left, and then turned to watch the mysterious man. However they noticed that he was nowhere to be found. He couldn't have left that fast could he?
"Kuro..?" (Y/n) asked. she didn't know what it was, but she could tell something wasn't right.
The vampire sighed and got down from the railings. "Let's follow mahiru.." he mumbled.

____________________________
SORRY FOR THE WAIT
I was working on a TOKYO GHOUL AYATO X READER and I got VERY carried away. It already has 7 chapters so if you're interested go check it out! I'll be writing BOTH books now so updates might be slower but not as slow as this one was. I'll be sure to keep writing and add some drama so look forward to the next chapters!