Chapter 35

(Y/n) couldn't sleep. Not at all.
Even with everyone she had there to protect her, she just couldn't relax enough for it. She was surprised she had relaxed at all. She felt a bit bad for her outbursts, but for once, she didn't entirely blame herself. Even if she felt like she was being a burden, it wasn't her fault.
Nobody ever thought it was except for her.
She huffed, shifting in the uncomfortable bed C3 had provided. Kuro was sound asleep beside her, Mahiru laid the same in another room. She didn't want to bother them, but her anxiety made it to where she couldn't sit still for much longer. She wouldn't fall into another episode again, no, she needed to be strong both for herself and everyone else, but she needed to do something.
Her feet hung off the side of the bed. She let out a deep breath. She felt like a little kid again. Like if she left the safety of the bed the monsters around here would suddenly attack. She closed her eyes tightly.
She was safe. At least for now she knew that.
'You're fine, (y/n)...'

Her bare foot touched the cold floor. She slowly pushed herself off the bed.
She walked silently out of the small bedroom to a compact kitchen that was part of the room C3 was holding them all in. There, the quiet hum of electricity filled the silence that had been trapped in the air. (Y/n) treaded slowly in the dark, finding a glass in one of the cabinets and filling it with water. She took a few drinks, and heard her stomach growl.
She hadn't eaten all day, she was too worked up to have an appetite.
The girl set her glass down, looking over to the fridge. She pulled it open, not even knowing if there would be anything inside, and tilted her head. A white, plastic container was sat on the empty shelf.
Ah yes, the food from that fancy restaurant.
(Y/n) opened the container, looking at its contents. If she was correct, this was whatever was left of kuro's order. That gave her the right to take it. She searched the kitchen for a fork, then returned to the small container of food, poking at it a few times. It was hard to see in the dark, but it almost looked like (f/f).
"Did kuro really order this..?" The girl asked herself. He had never really liked the girl's favorite dish, he always preferred ramen or junk food. "Did he.. know, i'd be up this late..?"
     "...I'll have to thank him later.."

She quickly ate a bit of the meal, packing the rest away, and returned to her room. She peered over to kuro; it looked like he hadn't moved at all. She slowly climbed back into bed beside him.
"..you alright..?" Kuro's low, tired voice muttered. The girl nearly jumped out of her skin hearing it, causing the servamp to crack an eye open.
"Y-Yeah, I'm fine.." she waived her hands somewhat frantically. The servamp yawned, causing her to look down slightly, "sorry to wake you.. I was trying to be quiet.."
"I've been awake..." kuro replied. He pushed himself up a bit, and tiredly reached out towards (y/n). She shifted a little closer, being pulled into the male's arms once she was within his grasp.
"Ah-wait what? For how long..?" (Y/n) asked him.
He rested his chin on her shoulder, "a while..."
The girl sighed.
He was up because of her, wasn't he?

Kuro's arms held (y/n) by her waist. He pulled her close to his chest, his head buried against the side of her neck still. His fingers traced soft shapes against the girl's skin.
      (Y/n) could feel the protective sense he radiated. She leaned back against him slightly.
     "I really am okay, I think..." she told him quietly. "I'm not freaking out or anything..."
     "I know..." kuro hummed.
      The statement caught (y/n) off guard.
     He knew? If he knew she didn't need to be calmed down, why was he doing this?
'Oh wait.'
     'We're in a relationship'
     The past few weeks had been so stressful, (y/n) had nearly forgotten the fact. It seemed to her that any interaction she had with kuro recently was just one of them comforting the other during a rough patch.
     She had forgotten the normality of his affection beyond that.

     A slight smile grew on (y/n)'s face. She felt a sudden moment of happiness in the midst of all this pain.
     How did she ever get to have something special like this?

     She quickly pulled herself away from kuro and turned around to face him. He raised a brow, looking at her in question, but before he could speak, the girl cut him off.
     She lurched forwards, sitting in the servamp's lap and wrapping her arms around him in the tightest of embraces.
He slowly returned the gesture.
(Y/n) hummed against his skin, lifting her head slightly, "love you.." she said, placing a short kiss on the corner of kuro's lips.
The servamp raised the girl's chin with his hand, and leaned forwards, locking his lips with hers correctly. She let out a pleased sigh against his lips, gladly moving in sync with him as he kissed her.
     They parted for air. Kuro let the girl rest her head against his chest as she caught her breath. He wrapped his arms around her waist once again, holding her close to him.
     God he missed the ambient affection.
     "..I love you too..." he whispered.

     The girl shifted, finding a comfortable position above the servamp. She let out a silent yawn, to which kuro mirrored back. He raised his hand to the girl's head, running his fingers through her (h/c) hair. She hummed softly, she felt safe in his arms.
     Her eyes shut slowly, her senses lulled by the sound of kuro's heartbeat, the rise and fall of his chest, the soothing feeling of him brushing through her hair.
     Maybe she would be able to rest tonight.

_____________________________
Come get ur food.
Thought it was time to take a break from the angst and add a bit more fluff to the mix. Next chapter will be progressing in the story a little, hopefully now (y/n) won't freak out so easily!
Look forward to seeing you guys again soon! Enjoy!