Chapter 10

(Y/n) walked along the streets of the city. After a few minutes of decision she had mustered up the courage to leave mahiru's apartment, and was on her way to a familiar family restaurant where the planned meeting was to be held. She wore a cloak —another clothing item from the aliceins— over her clothing as a sense of protection. although the sun was no longer out, it still felt nice and comforting to have an extra layer between her and the outside world. The clouds covered the moon and soon enough, rain started to fall. The girl mentally groaned as she pulled her hood over her head and hurried to her destination.

     After a few minutes, (y/n) had finally made it under the awning of the family restaurant. She could see a familiar face or two towards the back, and the sound of yelling was prominent. As she approached the door a sense of anxiety came over her. There was a possibility she could get in a lot of trouble for being there. But she had to convince kuro that she could handle herself. She pulled off her hood and took in a breath of courage before she pushed open the door.

     "Does anyone here actually plan on having a meeting?!" Mahiru yelled, just as he did the bell on the door rang and drew the table's attention.
      The group's eyes settled on (y/n) as she stood awkwardly in the doorway. The yelling chatter stopped momentarily.
    "Uhm... Hey~" She greeted shyly.
     "Oh, (y/n)~ I didn't expect you to come, join us join us~!" Lilly greeted, breaking the silence and walking over to usher the girl to the table. He stood by her as he introduced her to the table, although the only new face was a vampire in the corner named 'world's end'
     (Y/n) smiled and greeted everyone as she looked around, she noticed envy was under the table like always, then her eyes seemed to lock with the purple haired woman's.
     "Hi, mother" (y/n) smiled, using the servamp's name.
     "Hello, (y/n)" wrath replied, "I was actually wondering where you were..." She continued.
     "Oh, well um.." the subclass stuttered. She was a bit shy to tell the others what had happened to her, but it would explain to them why mahiru had come instead of her. "I'm not... kuro's eve anymore..." she said.
     Everyone except for kuro and Lilly gave her a focused and confused look.
     "I'm his subclass..." (y/n) mumbled. The group seemed shocked.
     "What?" Doubt Doubt muttered from beneath the table.
      "Really?" The mother asked. (Y/n) nodded slowly. "Hm.. I didn't know that was possible.." she mumbled.
     World's end sat up and put his glass on the table, "I've never heard of an eve becoming a subclass" he shouted.
     "Me neither" Envy added.
     Usually, due to the contract, when an eve died there was nothing a servamp could do. The binds of the contract didn't seem to allow it. The fact that this rule was bypassed was stunning, and the table once again descended into chatter.

(Y/n) scanned the table once more, and caught sight of kuro. She looked at her servamp for the first time since she had arrived, and what she was didn't make her feel any less anxious. Kuro held the tired and annoyed glare that he only wore when (y/n) had really overstepped her bounds. It seemed like this was one of those circumstances. She opened her mouth to say something, but before she could kuro spoke.
     "(Y/n). Go home" he spoke, but only to her. his low tone cut through the air like a knife.
     "What? Why?" The girl asked, hurt.
     "Because" kuro said, "You're not supposed to be out here, you know this already.." he continued, his eyes sending her a cold glare.
(Y/n) stared back at him stunned at how he was acting, but suddenly her chest filled with heat. "No." She argued.
The servamp's glare only grew sharper. Why did she have to argue with him? He just wanted her to be safe.
The girl felt his aggression and sighed, "Are you seriously going to make me walk all the way back through the dark city in the rain..?" She asked in a defeated tone.
Kuro paused, and his eyes traveled passed the girl to the window. It was pouring outside. He looked back to the girl and sighed deeply, memories of being caught with c3 appeared in his mind again and he closed his eyes.
"fine..." he mumbled and turned his head to face the wall.