Chapter 9

The next few days were... a challenge to say the least. (Y/n) had to explain to mahiru what was going on with her new 'ability' and because she really didn't know what it was, the whole experience was a struggle. Luckily, mahiru seemed to accept it making it a lot easier on her. He even sat with her a few times to try and help her figure out how to use it, even if they both had no clue what they were doing. Kuro wasn't much help to the girl since he claimed he didn't know anything about the subject; he mainly told her to just forget about it or tried to soothe her when she got frustrated.

(Y/n) hummed sitting on the floor in the living room. She turned her arms over, examining them thoughtfully. She wore long black gloves that reached over her elbows, ones that Lilly had gotten her when she lived with him and Misono. After a few mishaps with her 'ability' she had to start wearing them. They kept her from causing any accidents.
She bit her lip and looked around for a moment, before looking back down to her hands and slowly tugging on the fingers of her gloves. She pulled them off gently and held her palms in front of her. Kuro had continuously told her to leave her ability alone but she needed to learn how to use it. She may need it one day.

"I told you not to bother with it.." kuro mumbled, sitting down with a cup of ramen. He could tell she was trying to figure out her ability again by how quiet she was, and he was starting to get annoyed by her curiosity.
The girl rolled her eyes to herself and looked back to the vampire. "Why do you hate it so much that I try and learn about how to actually be a fricking vampire" she asked.
     "The same reason I hate you asking questions..." he muttered, eating a bit of his ramen.
     "And why is that?" She asked, annoyed.
     "Because you don't need to know about something you'll never need..." He mumbled.
     "How do you know what I'll need? Is predicting the future another thing you haven't told me about or something?" The girl argued. Kuro kept his gaze down and didn't give a reply, making (y/n) rethink her choice of words.
'Maybe that was rude...' thought to herself. She sighed and shook her head, 'remember who you're talking to, (y/n)... he's got a reason for everything even if he won't say it..'
     The girl sighed, taking a more calm approach to the matter. "Kuro, you can't expect me to have something dangerous like this and not learn how to use it..." she said. "i mean, unless you want me to accidentally hurt someone or break something again" she added in a joking manner, to try and make up for how stubborn she was being.
The vampire sent (y/n) a tired glare before and looking down to his ramen. In a way, she was right. If she couldn't control her ability she could end up doing a lot of harm. Kuro sighed, "Just.. be careful.. it's going to be a pain if you screw something up.." he mumbled before eating some of his noodles.

"Hey, kuro. Its almost time to go" Mahiru called, walking into the room.
The servamp grumbled under his breath; (y/n) had noticed that they had been out of the house a lot recently. After a moment mahiru called him again, and the servamp groaned before getting up.
"You're leaving?" (Y/n) asked, turning around. 'Again..?' She thought. It may be the fact that she never left the apartment, but it seemed like the two had been away a lot.
"Yeah.." mahiru nodded, scratching the back of his head. "I have a few things I need to do, I'm sorry we keep leaving you" he sighed.
(Y/n) looked at him as he sighed, and felt a little satisfaction from his sympathy. "It's okay" she replied. "It gives me time to work on this ability thing" she grinned.
The boy returned her smile and picked up kuro in his cat form. He headed to the door and opened it before turning back. "See you later!" He called.
"Bye, guys!" (Y/n) replied, and heard the click of the door. She was alone.

     "Okay, now.. lets see if we get this to work.." (y/n) mumbled, looking at her hands. She had been able to summon the dark crystals a few times before, but she could never find out what it was that triggered them. She tried shaking her hands, squeezing her fists, Nothing.
'C'mon, it shouldn't be that hard..' she thought to herself as she closed her eyes for a moment. 'You can do it, (y/n)... just relax, and-'
A sound resembling the shifting of glass filled the air and (y/n) opened her eyes. The black shards of crystal formed, covering the back or her hands and spiraling down her arms.
"Yes! Perfect" the girl cheered to herself as she looked at her accomplishment. The ice like substance covering her like a form of armor. She tilted her hand slowly, letting the light shimmer off each crystal, it was pretty in a way. The girl hummed, reaching with her other hand to touch the stunning crystal. As she did, the shards grew in a fluid movement, moving to cover her fingers as she traced them against the sharp edges.
"So it is armor.." she mumbled to herself as she removed her hand away from her arm. As she did the crystal began to crack, before turning to ash and disappearing in front of her. "Gosh darn it, I barely got to use it..." (Y/n) huffed as she tried to re-summon it. It wasn't working. "Well... I guess that'll be enough for now.." she mumbled and stood.

(Y/n) sighed and put her gloves back on before walking around the apartment as she often did when she was left home alone. She looked around exploring the rooms although she had already seen them, and finally decided to take her seat on top of the kitchen counter. It was weird, yes, but she needed some sort of entertainment when she was bored with everything. If that meant sitting on top of a table and eating snacks, then so be it.
The girl munched on some chips as she gazed around the house, finding the window. It was almost sunset, how long were kuro and mahiru going to be away? She leaned back using her arm as support, and felt a piece of paper beneath her hand. Curious, she picked it up and gave it a look, reading the writing.

'It's been a long time since the last get together. Meet next week on the 26th from 19:00.
Meeting place...
Takadanobaba, shinjuku, Tokyo...'

"Meeting...?" (Y/n) asked out loud. She turned to the clock, 19:00 had just passed. Today was the 26th as well.
"The servamps are having a meeting..." the girl mumbled. It had been a long while since she had seen any of them. She missed them a bit, she wondered if they cared the same. She began to wonder if they even knew what had happened to her; they most likely didn't unless Lilly had told them.
The girl looked down to her gloves, she had a way to defend herself, if for some reason she would need it. This could possibly be a way to prove to kuro that she didn't need to be locked inside, that she was capable of acting on her own. (Y/n) looked down to the card, then raised her gaze back to the window. It had just begun to get dark.
"Should I go..?"

___________________________
Oooo sneaking out. What's going to happen?