Chapter 34

They were supposed to be shown around the building. Because kuro was supposedly the strongest servamp, C3 seemed to have treated him and mahiru different from the rest, actually filling them in on their purpose and actions.
     They didn't care much for (y/n), however. She was just a subclass after all.
     It took extra convincing from mahiru to have C3 let her stay with him and kuro.
     They were led to a room instead of what had been planned. Something had came up, they said. It was getting late as well. They'd continue where they had left off in the morning. Mahiru, kuro, and (y/n) were placed inside, the door was closed.
     They were officially locked inside of one of C3's rooms.

     (Y/n) found the floor very quickly. She lowered herself to her knees, placing her hands on the ground and letting out a shaky breath. Kuro was quick to position himself beside her.
     "(Y/n)? What's wrong??" Mahiru asked worriedly.
     The girl just shook her head, a choked sob releasing itself from her throat. She had been keeping it all in, but now that they were in private, the girl's fear and sorrow overwhelmed her. She felt suffocated, trapped. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be so close to the very man that had killed her.
      She didn't want to die again.
     She couldn't handle the terror she had been suffering through any longer.

     Tears streamed down her face as her body shook uncontrollably. Kuro wrapped his arms around her, causing her to sob once more.
     "I-I can't- I can't." She mumbled helplessly.
     The servamp held her tightly.
     "-he, I-"
     "Breathe..." Kuro hushed her.
     (Y/n) could feel her lungs constricting under her anxiety. She fell further downwards, unable to support her own weight, her muscles weakening due to their intense trembling. Kuro pulled her towards him to keep her off the floor. He raked his hand through her hair, and took deep breaths as if to model the action for her.
     Mahiru was on the verge on panic himself. He hated seeing (y/n) like this, especially since he didn't know what was going on. Was her fear of C3 that great?

     'Mikuni did say they held unpleasant memories of this place...'

     "God why him?" The girl finally choked out, drawing mahiru's attention again. She buried herself in kuro's embrace, trying to stop herself from hyperventilating any more than she already was. "O-out of all people, why him??"
     "I'm sorry (y/n)" kuro said softly, his grip on her tightening. He too looked as if he were on the verge of breaking down himself.
     Mahiru grew very worried at this.
     Kuro closed his eyes, resting his chin on the girl's shoulder and holding her close. He reiterated the words, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

     "I-I don't understand-" Mahiru interjected with worry. He sat down in front of the two, desperate to help them in their sudden emotion. Kuro looked up to him solemnly, a sigh escaping his lips and he continued to try and calm (y/n).
     "Who's him."
     The girl continued to shake, her muffled voice stuttered out the name, "..k-kamiya, ts-tsurugi...."
     Kuro closed his eyes again.
     Mahiru's widened. Tsurugi? They had nearly spent the whole day with him. He didn't seem too terrible, what had he done that had scared (y/n) so badly?
     "Kuro?" Mahiru began to ask, the servamp sighed and spoke before he could continue.
     "He's..." he paused, feeling (y/n) tense.
     Mahiru waited impatiently.
     Kuro finally looked back up to him.
     "...he's the one who broke mine and (y/n)'s contract...."

     Mahiru's breath hitched.
     "What?!"

     The girl winced at the boy's volume.
     Mahiru quickly apologized.
     "Why didn't either of you say anything??" He asked immediately after.
     "T-they-"
     "..they don't really care about vampires here mahiru..." Kuro answered, trying to calm (y/n) down and keep her from speaking and making herself feel worse.
     Mahiru blinked a few times, looking at kuro, and then down to (y/n). He had never seen her so distraught, he hadn't ever seen anyone so distraught.
     "I-I'm sorry- I-I'm sorry" (y/n) trembled quietly. "I'm trying- I can't stop-" she couldn't relax enough to even breathe correctly let alone form proper sentences.
      The eve's heart ached at the sight.
     He felt tension grow in his chest.
      This is why he was here. This is what he had worked so hard for. To protect others, his friends.
      He couldn't just let (y/n) live in fear like this.
     "Don't worry (y/n)!" He called out. He held out his hand, placing it on kuro's shoulder where she could see it. She shakily looked up to him. "We're here for you!" He assured.
     "Nothing bad will happen, we'll make sure of it!"
     He had never been so sure of something in his life. He had to keep this promise. For both her and kuro's sake.

     The girl stared up at him, her breathing still unstable and her thoughts scattered. She saw the determination in his eyes, the noble truth that he had always carried, even if at times it seemed like he was saying something completely irrational.
      She knew he had his mind set on that one statement.
     Tears brimmed her eyes once again. She lowered her head, letting them fall.
     "T-thank you." She breathed out.
     Her body still shook, her chest was still in pain. But for some reason, her mind felt a little clearer. She still had fear in her heart, but for once, something far more impactful was there as well. Trust.
      She had people she could rely on. People she could love.
     She had an escape from her pain, a real one.
     She didn't have to be weak, she didn't have to be alone anymore.
     She didn't realize that fully until now.
     "Thank you..."

___________________________
Short.
But hey we gettin there boiz
Comment for meeee uwu