Chapter 26

"To be, or not to be..."
     "..To kill, or to spare.."
     "Which will it be, brother..?"

~

     The night had come; the stars shone brightly in the sky. (Y/n) sat in silence as she gazed up to it all, watching calmly. She had been secluded like this for the majority of the day. She didn't know why, but she had a weight in her chest that made her feel this way. It pushed her away from the others.
     That is, everyone except for Kuro.
     When the servamp finally returned with mahiru he made a b-line to the outside door. He didn't know if it was because he wanted space, or because he knew (y/n) would be there, but it didn't matter either way. He went outside, and let himself fall into a sitting position next to (y/n). A long sigh escaped past his lips. A heavy weight in his chest caused him to slouch more than usual.
     (Y/n) could feel something inside of her grow more negative. She furrowed her brows. 'What is this..?' She asked herself. She had been feeling, off, all day.
     She looked over to kuro, and studied his expression. He too seemed a bit down. (Y/n) couldn't help but worry for him with all that had happened recently. She placed her hand gently above his.
     She could suddenly feel the negative emotion radiating off of him. It was spontaneous and strong; it caused the girl to flinch.
     She looked to kuro with worry. "...What.. happened?" She asked him, her voice quiet. She felt a harsh pang in her chest.
     A slow breath escaped kuro's lungs; he brushed his long hair from his face and shook his head. A low hum was all he gave as a response, but (y/n) knew what it meant.
     'It's nothing...'

     But it wasn't nothing. (Y/n) knew better than to take this as an answer. She knew something wasn't right. She could feel it. She rubbed her thumb over kuro's hand gently for just a moment, before pushing herself up from the ground and dusting herself off. Kuro looked up to her slowly, but the girl waved him off, planting a quick peck on his head and running her fingers through his hair.
     "I'll be back.." she assured. She made her way to the door inside immediately after.
If she wanted information, she knew who would provide it.

     Inside, she could hear the others chatting freely. Mahiru did most of the talking while the others listened. They seemed to be talking about whatever he had found out on his so called 'investigation.' (Y/n) listened to it all, peering around the side of the entrance. She didn't want to interrupt.
     But eventually, Mahiru noticed her presence. His talk stopped immediately, his head tilting to the side. "Is everything alright, (y/n)?" He asked abruptly.
     The girl blinked for a moment, taken off guard. "Uh- Yeah.." she answered, "everything's fine.."
     "You sure? Everyone's said you've been alone all day." Mahiru pressed. He didn't seem convinced. "Is something wrong?"
     (Y/n) shook her head. "No, no.. nothing's wrong, I've just felt... tired.. today.. that's all." She explained, though her answer wasn't entirely true.
     But it seemed to be enough to convince the teen. With one last questioning look, he finally gave in. He let out a sigh. "Kuro's been like that too today," he mumbled, "I wonder-..."

"and here he is everyone! Breaking news! The Austrian piano whiz, Licht Jekylland Todoroki, has just recently arrived in Japan for his second tour of the eastern hemisphere!" An energetic voice announced. Mahiru's attention quickly shifted to the television in the room, dropping his sentence in the middle. His eyes widened as he watched the screen, his arm shooting out to point at the figure being depicted.
     "Ah! That's him!" He shouted suddenly. The others around him seemed shocked by his outburst.
     The small vampire, Hugh, jumped up from his seat, matching the boy's energy as he pointed with his cane. "Who's him?! Explain!" He shouted.
     The television depicted a teen with black hair, a white strand splitting down the side. He wore a serious expression, playing the piano in front of the crowd.
Mahiru shot up from his seat on the floor. "That's the guy I ran into!" He shouted. "the guy I was talking about!"
Hugh sprung up as well. "Him?! He's a world star!" He replied.
Mahiru looked down to the servamp, "He's Greed's eve!" He stated.
Suddenly the room grew quiet.