Chapter 16

"Wait- kuro-!" (Y/n) nearly yelled as the servamp pushed her back to a nearby tree. The two had lost Mahiru in the crowd as they followed him, and by the time they had found him a whole bunch of trouble was beginning to explode.
"Wait here." Kuro commanded as he pressed on the girl's shoulders. He waited for her to nod, and then ran off in the other direction to mahiru.

(Y/n) watched and sighed in a confused state. It was shocking how fast things turned from relaxing at the festival to a hectic situation. She leaned back on the tree slightly to recuperate, but felt a smooth surface against her back instead of the rough bark. She nearly jumped as she turned around to look. A large black coffin was leaned against the tree.
"What the heck..?" She muttered to herself. What was this doing against a tree? And how had she not noticed it until now?
"Oh, you found it" a voice called behind her. The girl jumped again. She turned around quickly finding a large, blonde, guy in front of her. He motioned towards the coffin once the girl caught sight of him, and she immediately moved out of the way so he could take it.
     "Thanks." He said, slinging the large box onto his shoulder. (Y/n) watched in confusion as the guy made his way back into the crowd of people.

"What the hec-" (y/n) began but her sense of utter confusion was cut off by a loud impulse that shook the entire festival grounds. Fire consumed an area in the distance and people began screaming. (Y/n) watched the scene with wide eyes, was there really just an explosion? What had her and her friends gotten into?
The girl started forwards but a sudden urge stopped her. Kuro had told her to stay, to wait for him. But could she right now? She swallowed with a sense of nervousness overcoming her, her eyes searching the crowd for her friends.
A voice made itself present through the ocean of noise that was going on, and anxiously (y/n)'s sight followed it over to a bridge not too far away. There she finally found Kuro and Mahiru. She sighed in slight relief, and suddenly her feet carried her over to meet them.

(Y/n) ran as fast as she could through the crowd until she finally ended up at the bridge where the others were. She panted, and looked up to them, but surprisingly they weren't there. 'Where on earth did they go??' She asked herself, and just as she did she happened to hear Mahiru's voice coming from an unexpected direction. Directly above her.
"No, no! Kuro, you threw it too early!" The brunette scolded, and the two promptly landed back down on the bridge near (y/n).
"It'll be fine" kuro huffed. "Just you watch." He said, looking up to the sky.
(Y/n)'s eyes too looked up, and she found the subject of all of Mahiru's yelling. It was the briefcase he had been given earlier. (Y/n) squinted. Was that another bomb?!

     "No look! It's coming back down, it's going to explode!"

     "Give it here!"

     A large thud filled the air as the metal briefcase crashed back down and into the grasp of a tall blonde. It didn't take much for (y/n) to recognize him as the guy from earlier. She watched as he caught the case in the pit of the large coffin he carried, and closed the lid on top of it. The others were in complete shock.

*BANG!*

The ground shook for a moment startling the group as the sound of the bomb going off filled the air. Once the chaos was over, (y/n) raised her head quickly, worried about the man with the coffin. But to her surprise, he was still standing there in front of her as if nothing had happened. He set down his coffin with a loud thud. (Y/n) deadpanned.

     "What just happened??!" Mahiru nearly yelled in question. He ran past the girl and over to the tall blonde man who had just caught the bomb. "How did that coffin not explode??" He asked.
     (Y/n) listened and watched as the blonde shrugged. Soon after, she felt a hand on her shoulder, tugging her attention away. She turned around seeing kuro there behind her. He seemed annoyed. (Y/n) bit her lip awkwardly.
     "I told you to wait..." kuro sighed, looking down to his subclass.
     The girl looked away slightly and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. It fell back into place almost immediately. "I know- I'm sorry.." she said quietly.
     The servamp looked down to her for a moment and sighed once more. "It's fine I guess..." he muttered, and raised his hand to move her hair behind her ear again for her. He watched as she smiled slightly at him, but then his attention was pulled away and directed towards his eve. He narrowed his eyes to see what mahiru was doing, and curious, (y/n) turned and did the same.
     The two approached the two boys just in time to hear a displaced voice from within the group. (Y/n) squinted, it sounded like the voice had come from the coffin.
     Just as she thought that, she watched the blonde man's eyes widen as he quickly fumbled to open his huge black box. He created the door open, and to the others' surprise a small -and charred- figure creeped out and fell onto the concrete.
     "Tetsu... Y-you.. fool..." the thing spoke. It somewhat resembled a bat yet it held the voice of a child. She, Mahiru, and kuro all circled around it to see what exactly it was.
     "Oh. There you were." The boy said.
     "H-how could you.. forget I was I-in there..??" The bat said weakly.