Chapter number seven ✔

"Looks like a girl, but she's a flame
So bright, she can burn your eyes
Better look the other way
You can try but you'll never forget her name."
Girl on Fire; Alicia Keys

-

*possible TW - serious allergic reaction*

-

Bahrain International Circuit, as-SachírBahrainApril 2017

"Alexandrina?" someone called my name while I was sitting in the motorhome, doing some work before the start of the second practice. I lifted my head to see Lance standing beside me with two women next to him. It took me a few seconds to identify them as Lance's mom and sister. Another Strolls, amazing. Do they remember me too? Should I prepare myself for another awkward reunion? "I'd love to introduce you my mom Claire and my sister Chloe."

"Nice to meet you ladies," I smiled and shook my hand with them. They both sent me a polite smile before taking a seat at my table, followed by Lance.

"Broyou didn't tell me that your race engineer is such a beauty," Chloe winked at Lance, who rolled his eyes and sent his sister a murderous look.

"I didn't find it important," he grunted and his eyes landed on the papers in front of me, "that's telemetry from FP1?" he changed the subject, and I nodded my head, "May I?" he asked and I let him look through them. Although my head was spinning as I was watching him scattering my neatly aligned papers, "I was driving great, eh? Better then Felipe," he proudly said, making me laugh out loud, "what?" he frowned.

"Keep dreaming. 6th in first practice is nothing fabulous," I playfully messed his hair. He gave me an annoyed look and took the mobile from his pocket, "but yeah, you did fine, I guess."

"Thanks."

"Anyways," Lance's mother stepped in, and I turned my attention to her, "where are you from, darling?" Claire asked, making my eyes go slightly wide. I quickly glanced at Lance, who didn't seem to lose his balance.

"I was born in Geneva, but I moved to Montreal with my family. Now I live in Grove because of my job, but Canada is my one and only real home. Although I visit my friend in Geneva from time to time." I answered, praying in my head that Mrs. Stroll or Chloe wouldn't connect the dots.

"What a concidence! Lance was born in Montreal, but we live in Geneva. That's amazing!" Claire was smiling from ear to ear, "you two have so much in common, that's awesome!" It's true that the female part of the family didn't take part in the beef between me and Lance. I don't know if they even know about it. But I definitely won't tell them now. I would like to have at least someone from that family on my side.