•Chapter number forty-one•

This is gonna hurt, this is gonna hurt
Gave it all we can, it'll never work
This is gonna hurt, this is gonna hurt
Beware if butterflies, they'll break your heart."
Butterflies; Gabbie Hanna

-

Come in!" Claire Williams shouted and I opened the door of her office. Last time I was there I found out that I will be Lance's race engineer. It's almost unbelievable how many things happened during the year. I can't believe there are only two races till the end of the season.

Hello," I greeted her while she was seated behind her desk and doing some paperwork, am I interrupting you?"

„No, no, I'm just finishing," Claire smiled and put the papers on the other side of the table, „how was Mexico?"

Uhm...very nice," I smiled while I was sitting on the chair, we saw a lot of beautiful things."

That's great to hear! I knew you two will get along," I nodded my head with a fake smile. Yeah, we got along...maybe too much, anyway, what brings you here?"

Yeah, right," I cleared my throat and shifted on the chair, there is something I want to tell you."

„Are you alright, Alexandrina?" she asked concerned. Out of sudden, I got so nervous and I have no idea why. I'm just gonna tell her I'm leaving, she can't forbid me that. Or there's more I want to tell her?

„I won't be continuing with Williams next year," I breathed out, I'm going to Formula E, to Techeetah. You are the first person I'm telling this." Claire was watching me with a frown, making me even more nervous.

Uhm...obviously it's a shame that you decided to leave us after such a short time because you are one of the best engineers we ever had. But I can't keep you here against your will even if I wanted. Have you already signed a contract with them?" she was trying to sound supportive but I could hear the bitterness in her voice.

„No, after Brasil. I wanted you to know before making big commitments," a wide smile appeared on Claire's face, making me feel a bit relaxed.