Epilogue ✔

"But one of these things is not like the others
Like a rainbow with all of the colors
Baby doll, when it comes to a lover
I promise that you'll never find another like me."
ME! Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie

-

"So, Alexandrina," Lawrence Stroll started the conversation when we were all sitting at the table, a beautiful stuffed turkey I made in front of us "why did you leave Williams in the first place?" he asked directly while he was cutting the turkey and putting a big piece on his plate. I would lie if I said that his question didn't make me lose my balance a bit. I was about to open my mouth, but he didn't let me speak, "I heard your speech at the factory and can't help but wonder if there was something more behind it. After all, you were with the team for only a year." I almost dropped my fork, looking straight into my plate but feeling Stroll's intense stare on me. What the hell am I supposed to tell him? I left because your son broke my heart?

"Uhmm...yeah, there were several reasons but I really don't want to talk about it. We ended up on good terms and that's all that matters." I quickly glanced at him before taking a few bites of my food in my mouth to not be able to answer.

"But-"

"I heard that JEV finished second in the first race of the season," Lance changed the topic of the conversation, and I was grateful he did that, "congratulation, that's a great start."

"Thanks!" I sent him a small smile, " it's a shame that we didn't convert the pole into a win. Nevertheless, it's a great start indeed and we have so much in front of us."

"Are these cars different?" Lance's mom joined the conversation, Lawrence's question being already forgotten by the rest of the table, "How hard is it to get used to it? Because I can imagine that it works completely different."

"Yeah, it's actually very different. It shocked me, to be honest," I giggled upon the memory of my first days with the team, "it took me some time to get used to it. Luckily JEV, André, and the whole team are helping me, they are all very sweet," I didn't want to gush too much about my new time because I knew it could hurt Lance's feelings. I have never spoken so highly about Williams as I do about Techeetah, "and I also know some drivers so I'm not a total stranger there. It is really a friendly place, very innovative."