Chapter 2

Kylo's POV

I gripped Nira's arm and began coaxing her onto my lap. As soon as I had made contact with her skin the warmth that she so often gave me rolled over me like a sweet heat wave that rocked me to my core. 

You would think that after over a year of being around her, being near Nira, that I would have even slightly adjusted to the sensation -- however, I had not. Each time I was hit by the warmth it was as powerful as the very first time on Tunstead when I had sensed her presence. 

I nearly shuddered when I touched her. I tugged her arm gently, and with need. I focused on her beautiful face instead of what she sent through my body by just touching me. The essence of a shy smile grew on her face and she got out of her chair, walking over to me. Nira stood impressively in front of me for a moment before getting onto my lap. 

She swung one of her legs over my lap and slung her arms around my neck. My legs were slightly spread underneath her and I gripped both my hands on the outsides of her thighs. I was slightly slumped in the chair but I sat up a little straighter as she climbed onto me. 

I left one of my hands on her thigh but took the other hand and placed it up on the nape of her neck. I then pushed my fingers into her hair and pulled her head towards mine. 

Her lips found mine and I completed the latch, then began passionately kissing her. 

We had to celebrate our success, didn't we? 

Every time I found myself in the midst of a battle with Nira by my side I had to focus extremely hard on the fight itself. When Nira gets going in a battle and shows off her strength, the power-hungry side of me never fails to reach arousal. I have to tune her out unless I want to perish in battle myself. 

Something about the way that woman can work her way through a unit of twenty soldiers and slay every single on of them just gets to me. 

Today while she was excellently battling multiple enemy soldiers -- all by herself, I must say -- I was entirely enticed. I had to pretend she wasn't there, in fact. 

I do worry about Nira in battle. How could I not? That's the only person, the only being, that I have love for anymore in the entire galaxy. Everyone else serves a certain purpose in my life, but whatever purpose they have could be played by anyone as long as the job gets done. No one could ever replace Nira, all that she does for me, and all that she makes me feel. 

Naturally I worry about her in battle -- I can not lose her. 

However, I also trust her capabilities very well. I know that she is just as, or even more so, powerful in combat as I. After we completed her combative training I knew the pair of us would eventually become unstoppable. No rival would ever match our skills, or our organization's wrath. 

She was one impressive, seductive woman. 

And currently she was sitting in my lap, her arms wrapped around my neck, kissing me hungrily. 

I wrapped my arm around her petite body, relishing how I could nearly encase her with one arm, and kissed her harder. 

I pulled my lips away from hers, much to her dismay, and then began pressing sensual kisses down her neck, much to her satisfaction. She looked to the ceiling to expose her neck to me and I pressed her body into mine with my hand that was on the small of her back. 

My lips made their way back up towards her jawbone, and then to her ear. I bit down on her ear lobe with just enough force to extract a reaction out of her, and I succeeded in my endeavors. 

As I tugged backwards on her ear lobe, Nira let out a quiet, short moan of satisfaction. That only revved my insides to a new level of greed for her body. That small moan charged me with infinite lust for Nira.