Chapter 36 -- FINAL CHAPTER

Perhaps all of my life I've only been traveling to get here.

_____

*****

A few more days had passed on the moon.

Hyder and Adrano had proved to be fully healthy since birth -- no complications. They were still smaller than a standard infant, but they were fine. And I was completely fine with that.

Kylo grew more and more reserved when I asked him about the First Order. He was avoiding giving me full answers about what his future plans for the organization were, and part of me was dying to know why.

Internally, I was secretly praying that Kylo didn't want to leave the moon, or go to war or something. All I wanted was to stay here and be able to raise our children in peace.

The moon was more than suitable for life. After venturing away from camp for a few hours, stormtroopers came back with news of plenty of food and water sources nearby. We had virtually picked the perfect place to set up while recuperating from the war effort.

One night I was especially stressing out about what the future of the First Order meant for our family.

"Kylo, you need to talk to me about what you're going to do! Are we going to stay here?!" I exclaimed as I paced back and forth in front of him.

Kylo was perched on the bed, holding Hyder in his arms. I rocked Adrano as I walked.

Kylo looked up at me with a pleading look in his beige eyes. "Nira, just let me think about this. I can't rush this decision. I need to be sure of it before I tell anyone. I will announce my proposed plan at the session tomorrow."

I sighed. "I don't want to wait until the session tomorrow. Maybe I can help you, if you tell me what options you're thinking over!"

Kylo shook his head. "I want to handle this on my own, Nira. It's for the best. Please trust me."

I conceded. "Fine," I started, sitting next to him on the bed now that Adrano was fully asleep in my arms, "I'll wait."

*****

The next day, the wind that licked at my exposed arms was filled with nervous anxiety. Everyone at camp was buzzing with anticipation to find out what Kylo would propose for the next actions of the First Order.

Kylo stood elevated on a hill in a small clearing behind our camp. I stood to his left. We looked over the entire crowd that watched us avidly, waiting for Kylo to speak.

There must have only been three hundred people present at the session out of the thousand or so employees that our camp held. That's right -- there were only around one thousand members of the First Order left. The last seven hundred would see Kylo's speech later in the day, as the clearing wasn't large enough to hold the entire population.

The breeze blew in our ears, ruffling the leaves of the trees around us. Far off, the sounds of wind rustling tree leaves could be heard.

I hadn't brought Adrano or Hyder to the session, in case they'd started to cry during announcements. I left them back with two caretakers -- one for each child -- at our dormitory.

Finally, Kylo began his highly excitable speech that would potentially determine the future of the First Order.

"Today is the day the First Order rests." Kylo Ren stated.

My eyebrows scrunched. Various voices full of question emerged from the crowd after a few moment's of Kylo's simple yet confusing words setting in.

Kylo raised his hand and the group immediately fell silent once more.

"The Legion of Chrome is ultimately supreme to us. We cannot pretend that we stand a chance against their might forces. They will continue combing the galaxy until they find us, and then they will destroy us for good. We all cannot remain together much longer unless we wish to be discovered, and consequently perish." Kylo continued drearily.