Chapter 27

"Kylo!" I shrieked desperately. He was being beaten down and I had temporarily lost my powers. Why couldn't I use my powers?!

I screamed Kylo's name as the soldiers pulled me up onto the ship. I could hear the sickening sounds of armored feet driving into the man I love behind me.

_____

My mind was racing so quickly I couldn't even think to thrash in the soldier's vice grips. My breaths were high-pitched, rapidly cruising in and out of my lips. There was a dangerous spinning sensation in my head, causing my vision to go awry. I could only hear myself hyperventilating, the sound of my feet being dragged on the floor, and the trooper's unison marches as they took me deeper into their ship.

Finally a door banged open and I was cast inside. I clattered to the floor and the door slammed shut behind me.

I couldn't move for a few moments. Every wall in the floor was a dark, sleek metal that was somehow a deeper and more ominous black than the walls of the First Order's base.

There was a small window in the corner of the room. I struggled to scramble to my feet seeing as my hands and ankles were handcuffed, but with much determination I achieved the feat. I hopped over to the window, leaned into the corner so I wouldn't fall, and peered back to my base.

The ship was already soaring out of the base's atmosphere. I struggled to gain some height to better see out the window. My past home, the base, grew smaller and smaller out of my vision as the ship soared away.

Suddenly a loud whining sound reached my ears, followed quickly by the First Order's base suddenly exploding into a huge, whirling cloud of fire in the middle of space.

My mouth fell open. My eyes grew wide. I felt frozen in time, as if my body has stopped functioning.

They blew up the base, I vaguely thought. 

Then the ship I was on rocketed into hyperspace, leaving my demolished home behind it.

*****

Hours had passed. I sat hunched in the corner of my small black cell with my hands cuffed tightly behind my back and my ankles cuffed together. 

Even though the trip to wherever we were headed was long, my mind was busy the entire time. 

I couldn't help but think worriedly about Kylo Ren. I didn't know if he was okay or how badly he'd been damaged. The dull thudding sound of him being repetitively kicked by the Legion of Chrome soldiers played over and over in my head like a haunted recording. 

I was also devastatingly worried about the remainder of the First Order. I didn't know if the Legion of Chrome would discover their whereabouts or if my own soldiers would find secluded safety somewhere. 

The ship ride was agonizing because I was stuck in that bland cell with no answers. I needed answers. 

It felt like forever was passing by and I was trapped, unable to do anything to help. 

*****

After what felt like an eternity the I felt the floor underneath me vibrate and then the hum of the ship came to stop. I pulled my head straight up as the sound of footsteps reached the outside of my door. I felt my heartbeat increase fearfully. 

The door to my cell slid quickly open and the black-donning soldiers did not hesitate before walking in and grabbing me roughly by the armpits. They then dragged me through the ship and down the ramp.

I immediately looked around for Kylo Ren, but saw that we were in a huge hangar. The hangar had hundreds of those black-dressed troops stomping around in unison. The walls and floors were a dark grey, and there was a thin and decorative streak of illuminated red that raced around the upper walls of the hangar.