Chapter 19

Kylo's POV

Another failed mission. How could we have failed a second time?

In all actuality the fact that we failed twice isn't very surprising to me considering Nira's strength, power, and ability, but still -- we are the First Order. They are only Nira and a TIE maintenance fighter.

I will kill the man that took Nira away from me.

She was unconscious, nearly back with me. But he, he picked her up, put her over his shoulders, and flew Nira away in that ship. Blasted into hyperspace before we could get a good track on them.

Because of that insignificant employee, I do not have Nira. I do not know where she is. The fact that I could have her back if it weren't for him whisking her away from me enraged me to new levels.

The three-level ship that contained two levels of stormtroopers and one level of commanders settled down into the hangar of the base.

I stormed off the ship and the sound of my footfalls resounded powerfully throughout the hangar as employees turned to salute me. I did nothing but look ahead, my teeth gritted behind my lips and my fists balled at my sides.

Of course I felt regret about driving Nira away from me. I had used the force on her and I had attacked her. Guilt consistently ate away at me. If I would have tried to talk with her about it, or at least taken down my anger a few notches, perhaps she would still be with me.

The First Order was going along with her solution regardless of where Nira was. It was never necessary for me to chase her off. The fact that she was gone, though, just stung so much more.

I headed straight to the central outlook room, hoping for maybe some peace and quiet weapon review. I knew something that would better my temper would be going over weapons that I would be using on Aero and the Legion of Chrome.

When I walked in the threshold my eyes immediately rolled upwards in annoyance to what I walked in on.

Kespia leaned against the wall, Hux's hands pressing the wall above her shoulders. The two of them connected at the lips.

They immediately broke apart upon my entry. I looked back to them.

"Anything of use to the First Order either of you two should be doing?" I asked in a serious tone, but layers of sarcasm lay underneath my words.

Kespia was bright red in the face and Hux stared at me with almost a proud countenance. I glared threateningly into his eyes, hating him more than anyone at that moment.

"Of course, supreme leader. I will attend to my duties right away." Hux then quickly stalked passed me with his head high.

Why did I hate Hux so much then? And why did I allow him and Kespia continue their affair?

Because I could empathize with them. I allowed for them to be together because I know of the positivity having the right woman can give you. I know of the dark places a person can be sucked down into, and I know that the right person can help you out of them. Nira taught me that.

I hated Hux in that moment because he had his woman with him. And I didn't. And it was my fault that I didn't. So I do suppose that my hatred for Hux actually just translated to hatred for myself, but either or.

My eyes slowly moved and locked with Kespia. Her cheeks were a delicate crimson and her lips were pressed tightly together. She quickly shuffled past me.

The sound of the door shutting and leaving me by myself was a beautiful sound.

Ever since Nira left their relationship had grown more and more obvious. I felt like every time I'd turn down a different hallway Hux and Kespia would be shoved against the wall together, making out.

Seeing them only made me ache for Nira.

I took my seat at the head of the conference table and pulled up the holograms showing different weapon intakes in the past week. Multiple new assortments of blasters, soldier cruisers, and individual TIE fighters had been brought in.

I knew that soldiers much under the training level of a true battlefield were being prepped to go to war with the Legion of Chrome. I knew this may not be the best tactic for their cases, but against such a massive organization we needed all the numbers we could get.

*****

"I am so sorry." I began. My mind was blank, and then I was uttering things that I didn't even know I thought until then.

"I love you, Nira. I love you. I'm sorry that I rejected you. I am so, truly sorry." I shook my head and continued.

"I want to be back together with you. I want to come back to my cell so I can see you more and so I can sleep with you at night. I want to be able to touch you." I ended on a desperate note, and I didn't like it, but the desperation and pleading to be able to touch Nira came naturally to me.

I tentatively reached into her mind to see what she was thinking about my speech.

Nira was feeling uneasy, and unsure. She was afraid of another rejection. She was scared to face more pain (if we were to break off again). She wanted me, but she didn't want the risk.

I pulled away from her thoughts and stated, "Nira, you mean far too much to me for me to simply allow us to break apart."

I reached into her mind again and saw more uncertainty. She was on the fence about accepting me again. She wanted me so badly! Nira wanted to be mine. She wanted me back in the cell. However, she didn't want to face any danger with The First Order or the possibility of more problems in our relationship.

"I would never push you away from me again. That was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made," I admitted bitterly (I hate owning up to mistakes. I am too prideful), "I have only been in agony without you. I miss you, and I love you."

Moments of silence ensued as Nira thought over my proposal. I did not intrude into her thoughts; I thought it would be best not to, especially in such a crucial time as this.Nira looked into my eyes, and I felt a shift in the aura of the atmosphere. It transformed into a . . . Relieving mood. I felt a relaxing feeling wash over both of us, and I knew what she had decided to do.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked hesitantly. Nira puckered her lips slightly in consideration, then quickly nodded.

I nearly ripped off my mask and let it drop to the floor by my side with a loud clang. Without any other thoughts, I gently cupped Nira's head in my hands and pulled her close to me.

I pressed my lips onto hers, and the warmth literally spread directly from her lips into every square inch of my body. It was so refreshing to kiss her again. Her hands slithered onto my waist and I wrapped one arm around her back. I pulled her body tightly against mine, furthering our kiss.

I had Nira. She was mine, and I was hers. We were officially back together.

*****

I jolted upwards, panting heavily, and looked around myself wildly. No, I was not with Nira, nor was I in a corridor outside the training arena.

I had fallen asleep; it was considerably late. And my dream had been a flashback to a true reuniting of Nira and myself after a break. This was the break when I had brought Kespia and Kubos to the First Order.

Was my dream a premonition? A futuristic prediction? Or just a dream, a meaningless flashback to memories that I so desperately craved recreation in the present time?

I leaned back in my chair and let my limbs loosen. I felt so utterly defeated. Would I ever get Nira back?

I suppose only time will tell if I'll ever have that de-ja vu moment, I thought wistfully, That moment where Nira and I reunite for the second time.

Only time would tell.

_____

Author's Note

Yes, that flashback was an actual flashback from Chapter 80 of my first Kidnapped by Kylo Ren book lol I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Question: Darth Maul or General Grievous? Hmmmmm tough question

See you guys later!