Our Lady of The Underground

I believe everyone should listen to musicals and that everyone should experience also listen to Hadestown. This is based off one of the songs from Hadestown by the way. Enjoy its short. Sorry.

Pacifica stepped off a train to enter an old wild west town. She was happy and free as a honeybee. Of course her joy will only last for 6 months. Then she has to take a train back to the city to live with her husband for the rest of the year.

Her story is tragic but she didn't care nor did she feel the need too. So by forgetting her worries and troubles she placed a smile on her face and enjoyed her time. With the wind blowing through her hair, the sun shining on her skin, and the music playing to her dancing. Everyone was happy and then the train horn blew.

It was if the world went silent. Everyone was focused on the sound of that train horn. A train that only ever came when it was time for Pacifica to leave to go home or to drop her off where she was now. Pacifica racked her mind searching for a reason for the train to be here and then it hit her. And at that very second of realization Pacifica began to get angry.

She walked to the beginning of the town where the train would drop off its passengers and waited. She waited with her arms crossed over her chest and angry eyes. She waited for that train to stop and for her husband to step out with that evil grin on his face.

"You're early." Was all Pacifica said to the man. She looked directly into his teal blue eyes with more anger and resent than a bull looking at a red flag. The man she was facing could only grin and even chuckle a little before he responded.

"I missed you."

Y'all ever hear the story of Persephone and Hades? Hadestown the musical has that story in it (kind of). Either way its a good story and I love it. Anywhoo wherever you are good morning and good night...PEACE OUT!!!