Rewrite The Stars

What if we rewrite the stars? The Greatest Showman is one of my favorite movies of all time and it needs a lot more love. This was requested by HotChocolateThunder, and I hope they enjoy this one-shot. Bold is Pacifica, Italic is Dipper, and Bold italic is both.

"Dipper. No-wait!" Pacifica grabbed Dipper's wrist and turned him to face her. "Their opinions don't matter. They're small minded people."

"It doesn't matter. Wherever I go everyone's the same." 

"But-" Pacifica was cut off when she felt Dipper pull his hand away from her. 

"You've never had anyone look at you the way they look at me. Like all they see is a demon, a murderer, a monster..." Dipper's eyes had tears in them as he stared at Pacifica. "I can't be with you. I'm sorry Pacifica." Dipper ran off and Pacifica was about to go after him when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was her mothers. 

"Sweet heart you don't belong in his world. He doesn't deserve a girl of your culture or class. he was lucky to eve-" 

"Shut up."

"E-excuse me?"

"You heard me. How could you do that to him? He did nothing wrong and you insulted him. You made him feel like a monster, even though he's nowhere close to it. You're despicable! I'd rather be with him that you." With that Pacifica ran off in search of Dipper. She ran to the only place she knew he'd be; the concert hall. She stopped at the entrance to see him on the piano playing. 

Pacifica knew the tune and the words came out naturally. Walking up to the man she fell in love with, she began singing.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide.

Pacifica sat down on the piano bench next to Dipper. She placed her small hand on his. Dipper did not stop playing but turned and looked at Pacifica with sad eyes.

I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied.

Pacifica removed her hand from his and  started to walk around the stage. She pretended there was a crowd watching her sing and that her whole life depended on this song. Pacifica didn't just sing the next lines she preformed it.

You claim it's not in the cards
But fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

Pacifica glanced at Dipper and saw the few tears threatening to burst out.

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

Pacifica turned to watch Dipper as he played with his heart and she sang to his tune.

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you

Dipper looked at Pacifica as she walked back towards him and shook his head.

It feels impossible

Pacifica sat down on the chair next to him again.

It's not impossible

Say that it's possible

Dipper faced Pacifica. She smiled and wiped his cheek of any tears.

How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours

Dipper stopped playing the piano and held Pacifica's hands. He didn't look at her again. Just kept looking down.

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and
My hands are tied

With that he slowly brought her hands to his lips and kissed it gently. Then left without a word.

I have not touched this Fic in forever oml. Welp summer's comin up so let's see if we can reach the 200 chapter limit!!! I will be updating this story and Gravity Wars more too. So stick around. Also some of the chapters will be edited a little to be less cringe and more "Awwwwee" so yeah. Wherever you are good morning or good night...PEACE OUT!!!