Chapter 19

"Where LaTwonda at?" Monster questioned him.

"Nigga you act like I️ keep tabs on that hoe, wassup?"

"We finna go find her, Lady Monster wants her dead"

"And that bitch Candice to"

Desiree's Pov

"You better be lucky I️ got my ass out of my bed to come here, now what you want" I said to my dumb ass mama.

She sucked her teeth at me to keep from saying some slick shit, I can tell that she wanted me to do something for her.

"I got a bond" She said slowly and smartly at me.

"Okay and you telling me this because?" I said folding my arms.

All I wanted to do was get back home to my man and son. But this bitch just kept being persistent like I owe her something.

The only thing she did for me was give birth to me and that was it. My life was hell.

She rolled her eyes at me, "Word on the streets, my own daughter got hella money and my bond money wouldn't even put a dent in ya pockets"

"Okay so, your point is?" I said to her like I wasn't understanding.

"I need you to get me out of here, my bond is set at 250,000 mother fucking dollars" She said loudly and ghetto. Damn near incorrectly.

"So you can get out and go back to the shit you was doing before? Hell nah you got us fucked up" I said including my siblings into this.

She sucked her teeth, "Girl people do change"

"Yeah you right, people do change but not you" I said smartly back to her.

"You really are being to hard on me, I'm trying for you kids and you are being ungrateful"

She struck a nerve.

"Bitch you almost caused me to lose the best thing that ever happened to me, my damn son which supposed to be your grandson but he will NEVER know you because you are toxic to this environment and we don't need you around" I literally screamed that to her and the guards looked at me sternly.

"I didn't know yo ass was pregnant" She said back pathetically.

I rolled my eyes at her, "You ain't have no damn business trying to fight your own child like another bitch on the streets and because of that you're dead to me"

Then I saw her do something she ain't never do before... cry.

"Not having fucking drugs in here makes me do things I don't want to, that's why I want to get out of here and go to rehab. I need proper treatment for other things as well" She said still trying to reason with me.

"Well I hope you get it, I can't help you" I said while standing up grabbing some of the belongings they allowed me to bring in here.

"Please" She said while begging me for the last time and I looked at her and shook my head at her but my mind was working up a plan.