25 - Da Good Life

"You take these two and I'll take these two. I think it would be cuter in the picture."
"It's a grand opening, Delilah, not the cover of a magazine shoot."
Delilah frowned at me. "It is important to me! And to you... and mine actually is a magazine shoot, thank you very much."
I made a face and then looked at the two boys in my arms. They were about three months old now and was all mine... well, and Delilah's too... She had given birth to perfect healthy babies; two girls and two boys. I looked at my sons, Roy and Phinius, as Roy slept soundly and Phinius yawned, looking like he wanted to join his brother in a nap.
Delilah was dressing our two girls, Sadie and Attelita. Sadie was kind of a homage to the Sadie Hawkins Dance, I mean, Phinius' middle name was Hawking...
"There, done. Aren't they adorable?"
Delilah turned to show me our daughters and I had to smile. They were both wide awake and seemed none too happy to be in bonnets and a watermelon dress with matching booties.
"Do they really need the bonnets?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.
Delilah frowned but looked and decided the same.
"Happy?"
"I'm doing it for their sake, not mine. Then again, I wouldn't want a huge ass bonnet in my way."
"Language, Tannus."
I shrugged and we got ready to leave.
As soon as Delilah had been able to walk around for a while, we got really married. We had a little wedding and signed the contract to be together forever. Our bundles of joy were born some months afterward. We haven't had a honeymoon yet but when the kids turn one, we are definitely taking one and having raging sex like friggin lions!
Delilah laid Sadie and Attelita in their car seats as I put Roy and Phinius in theirs. We had a mini-van now to hold all the kids and it was easier to carry them in the car seats and haul those around. Then again, four kids all at once was horrid. It's a good thing we're slightly rich.
We were on our way to two places today that was going to changing our lives.

"Wow, there's a lot more people than I thought would be here."
"Well, considering what is going to happen later on and everything, I'm surprised more aren't here."
I honked the horn for someone to get out of my way. I finally parked and unhooked my seatbelt.
"Yo, you're late." Johnsie said from the other side of the glass as he knocked on it.
"Shut up." I growled.
"Go, I have the kids."
"You need help, Delilah."
"Rose is going to help. We need you now." Johnsie said.
I sighed and got out, passing Rose. She smiled at me and opened the back door to the van.

*DELILAH*
Carrying the little dears in my stomach was hard enough, but carrying them individually was worse. They weren't heavy themselves but the seats were. I'm glad Rose was there to help.
"How has everything bee, Dr. Bracken?"
"Heh, hectic. Can't you tell?"
Rose smiled at me and grabbed the seats to take up to the building.
We watched as Tannus and Johnsie cut the ribbon to their new massage parlor. Tannus got his license and bought a building to work out of. It was also the debut of the flux capacitor that he and Johnsie made and so they were being interviewed for that.
As for me, I patented my jelly bean project and was debuting that today. It was going to help millions around the world. There were a lot of stipulations around it but I believe it was going to be prescribed by doctors to keep those crazies from going "he owes me child support, I had his baby" and then he's like "I ain't touched the woman!" and so on and so forth. It was exciting.

That night, we finally got all the babies fed and put to sleep. I crawled into bed next to Tannus and laid my head on his chest. He put his arm around me and kissed my head lightly.
"Who knew it'd be like this?" he said softly.
"Not me, that's for sure. How can you love me still? I haven't gotten any of the weight I gained off and-"
He put his hand over my face. "Shush, woman. It'll take time. I'm not going to leave you because you bore our children."
I sighed and snuggled deeper into his chest. He turned to me.
"Hey, you think we could do some stuff before one of them whimpers? They are across the house..."
I looked up at him and he grinned sheepishly. I had to laugh and sat up, straddling him.
"Caesar, I just had a long journey in a rolled up carpet. How do I get my kinks out?"
"Hmmm, let me think on that, Cleopatra... Where does it hurt most?" he said, his eyes hungering.
"Everywhere..." I said, leaning over and whispering into his ear.
A growl let out and he turned me over so that he was one top when a sound on the baby monitor made us freeze. We didn't do anything for a moment when the start of a baby cry sounded and Tannus sighed, getting off of me.
"It's Roy..." he said, dejected.
I hugged his neck and bit his ear a little.
"I'm sorry..."
"Meh... Another time."
"I promise to be back, Caesar."
"I'll be waiting."
I left to check on the babies.