Chapter 4

A/N sorry i forgot to update yesterday. Because let's face it, lazy. Well, thank you guys for more than one read! Okay, story time!

<>Maka's POV<>

  I wake to a loud clicking noise. I look at my window. There is water on the window, just sitting there and acts like it pays rent. There is a flash of blinding light, and a loud rumble of thunder follows. It's not that im scared of thunder, but im gonna be really pissed if a thunder storm keeps me awake all night long. I look over to my alarm clock. 2:54. I rest my head back on my pillow, and close my eyes. I'm still awake. I shift my position a bit. Nothing happened. I lift my pillow, and slam it on top of my head. Still awake. Maybe if I knock myself out...? No, I don't want to hurt myself. 

   I sluggishly pulled myself out of bed. I stand up, a little bit dizzy at first. I walk towards the door, and turn the knob. The hallway lights are still on. I squint my eyes, trying to get used to the bright lighting. I start walking towards the kitchen. I walk down the what seemed like millions of steps. I go inside the kitchen, walking towards the refrigerator. I pulled open the door, and grabbed the milk. To lazy to get a cup, so I just chugged the carton down.  I walked back up to my bedroom, and collapsed on my bed. I shut my eyes. I'm still not sleeping. I was probably gonna go buy some coffee in the morning. I frowned. This is gonna be a long night. 

<>Soul's POV<>

   I wake up and look at my clock. 4:37. I'm pretty sure it's not the thunder and rain that woke me up. I only have one thing on my mind. Maka. I have no idea why i'm thinking about her right now. I try to take my mind off of her, but I can't. I try to go back to sleep, but I can't. I reach over to my phone, and look through my contacts. Death the Kid. I call him. He is always awake, at least he is whenever I call him. 

  "Hello?" Death the Kid asked.

  "Hey, Kid, it's Soul. I need to talk to you about something."

  "Yeah, Soul. What do you need?" Kid asked politely.

   "I think I like a girl, but I barely know her. Can you help me?"

   "Yeah, I think I can. But not over the phone. Wanna meet and get some coffee at 8:00?" He asked. Of course, 8, just to be symmetrical. 

  "Yeah, i'll be there." I hung up the phone, without saying bye. I try to sleep again. And this time, it worked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<>Soul's POV<>

  I stand outside the coffee shop, waiting for Kid to come. I went a little early, so it wasen't precisely 8 o'clock. I check my phone. It's 7:59, where is he? The clock on my phone moved, and it was 8. Precisely. I look up, just to see the same white stripes in dark, black hair. I jump back. When did he get here?

  "Hello, Soul." He said, as if nothing happened.

  "What? How did you get here? When did you-? How did-? What!?" I yelled.

  "Well, good morning to you, too." He starts to walk inside the coffee shop. We go to buy our coffee's, and we stand by the entrance, cause there are no open seats. 

  "So, Soul," He took a sip of his coffee. "What does your crush look like?"

  "Well," I began. "She has ash, blonde hair. She wore them in pig-tails the last time I saw her. She has the most pretty, green eyes I have ever seen. She's pale-ish, and quite flat-chested. That's all I could remember."

  "Woah," Kid sounded surprised.

  "What?" What did I say that surprised him.

  "You like a flat-chested girl. That's a first." I punched him in the arm. He put his hand on his arm where I punched him.

  "I never said it was a bad thing," He continued."But, if you have a crush on a flat-chested girl, you're definitely in love. You said she wore her hand in pig-tails, right?"

  "Yeah, why?" I asked, confused.

  "No reason. What's her name?"

  "Maka, and why do you care?"

  "Oh, it's nothing." I see him smirk.

  "What?" He's gonna do something evil, I can feel it.

  "Maka!" He whisper-shouted. It wasn't exactly a whisper, cause i'm pretty sure the whole coffee shop could hear. A head was turned, and to my surprise, it was Maka's. I looked at him with a What? How did you know? face. He shrugged. Maka's eyes met mine. She waved, and I smirked. She motioned me to come to her. Kid saw.

  "Go get her," he said, pushing me in the direction of Maka. I took a deep breath, and began walking towards Maka. She smiled as she saw me getting closer to her. I swear, I could see a little line of pink on her cheeks. I smirked to myself. When I got to the table, I realized she wasn't alone. She was sitting with Haruhi. They both smiled and waved.

  "Mind if I sit?" I asked politely as possible.

  "Not at all," Maka said, in a really sweet voice. My, god, I love her. I thought to myself, I mentally slapped myself, I barely know her. Get to know her now, get to be her boyfriend later. I smirked at the thought.

  "I'll leave you guys alone." Haruhi said, starting to get up. 

  "Why?" I asked. "It's not like we're on a date or anything. Is it?" I looked over at Maka, and her face was bright red. 

  "No, you guys just look like you need some alone time, get to know each other better" Haruhi continued. 

  "Okay," Maka began."Bye, Haruhi!" She said in a cheerful voice. Haruhi waved, and nodded to me a little. How does she know I like Maka? Does everyone know? I gave Haruhi a Thanks, I own you one face. She walked out the door. 

  "So, hey Soul! What brings you here this morning?" She asked. I told her about my crazy night, leaving out any parts that had to do with her, which was basically all of it. So I just said I had trouble sleeping. She seemed to bealive me, and she told me about her night. I did something I thought I would never do. I actually listened. Every word. Maka just seemed so important. I basically memorized every detail, word for word. I thought to myself, If I ever want to be with Maka, I need to make a move. Now or never. I can't believe I was doing this. 

  "Hey, umm, Maka," I began.

  "Yes?" She asked, cheerful as ever.

  "You don't have to, but I was wondering, do you, ummm, wanna hang out today?" I took a deep breath. Now that that's over with, she can say no, I can go home and eat a few tubs of ice cream, and i'll be back to normal. It's not like she ever liked me anyway, so why did I even bother asking her out?

  "Of course! That would be great!" She said, seeming excited. My mouth was wide open. She actually said yes? What? I wasn't planning on this! I mentally slapped myself back to reality. This is gonna be a great day.