Chapter 5

<>Soul's POV<>

   I still can't believe she said yes. Does she like me? Pff, no, she's just being nice. 

  "Haha, very funny," I began. Like she wanted to go on a date with me. 

  "What do you mean?" Maka pretended she was confused, but I wasn't that stupid. 

  "Let's be serious, why would you want to go on a date with me, of ALL people?" Why would she? Really, she is Maka, so perfect, and I'm just, me. Nothing special about me. When people look at Maka, they probably think she is the perfect, nice, smart person. An than there's me. When I smile, people get scared cause I have sharp teeth. Maka blushed and looked down, like she didn't know it was a date.

  "I do," Maka said, I looked at her with my signature 'What?' face. "There's nothing wrong with you. The real question is why wouldn't I want to go on a date with you?" Did she really just say that? I pinched my arm under the table, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. She actually said that. Why wouldn't she want to go on a date with me? What? That doesn't make sense. No one wants to go on a date with me.

  "But," She continued, "If you don't want to go with me, I understand. There's nothing special about me." Maka grabbed her coffee, and started to head towards the door. 

  "WAIT!" I yelled, grabbing her other hand. I saw a little line of pink make it's way on Maka's face. I aimed for her wrist, not her actual hand. I could feel my face getting warm. She turned around, so she was facing me. She didn't let go of my hand, which I found kind of surprising. I think she knew that doing that meant I actually wanted to go on the date with her. Without even saying a word, we went outside, and made our way to my motorcycle. I saw kid on the sidewalk, pretending he was a just a normal person, drinking their coffee. I nodded to him, like a thank you, and he nodded back. Maka got on the back of my motorcycle, and I sat in front of her. She wrapped her arms around me, and put her head on my back. I smirked to myself as we drove off. I had no idea of where I was driving off too, I just knew how to get back.

  "So," I broke the awkward silence. Maka looked up at me and smiled. "Where do you think we should go?"She shrugged. 

  "I thought you knew, but anywhere is fine with me." Maka smiled, and I had to turn away to hide my blush. "You know," she continued, "I'm not complaining just riding here with you. It's nice."

  "Well, I don't just want to ride on my bike all day. At least you get to relax, and don't have to drive." I said with a smirk.

  "So where do you wanna go?" She asked.

  "I'm pretty sure there's a park arround here somewhere, we should go."

  "Sound's good." And with that, we were off. She put her head back onto my back, and we made our way towards the park. 

<>Maka's POV<>

   This was my first time being on a motorcycle, so obviously I was scared. Every time Soul stopped at a red light or stop sign, my grip on him tightened. I was trying to hide it, but, I failed, and Soul noticed. Everytime we stopped and my grip on him tightened, he smirked. But, I think he likes it, cause now whenever there's a red light or stop sign, he makes sure the motorcycle jerks forward. It wasn't happening before, so i'm sure it was on purpose.

   After a few more minutes, we finally got to the park. There were a lot of people there, most people having picnics. Soul hoped off his bike, and helped me get up. I could do it myself, but a still let him do it.

  "So now that we're at the park, what do you want to do?" Soul asked. I had no idea. I shrugged.

  "Well, the park is pretty close to town, so wanna go walk around?" I suggested. 

   "Sure." We began walking around, and without me noticing, he slipped his hand into mine. I was pretty surprised. I then gripped his hand, and I could see him smirk to himself. As we were walking, I noticed two blonde girls waving at us. Soul waved back, and I was just plain confused. They began to walk over to us.

  "Hiya Soul!" The shorter one screamed. She was holding a stuffed giraffe.

  "Hey Soul," The taller one said, a lot more calmly.

  "Hey guys," Soul said. The shorter girl looked at me, like I wasn't human.

  "Who's your friend!?" She shouted.

  "This is Maka," He said. "Maka, this is Patti," He pointed to the shorter girl. "And this is Liz." He pointed to the taller girl.

  "Nice to meet you," Liz said, and put out her hand. I put out my hand and we shook hands. 

  "Hiya!" Patti smiled and waved. I did the same. 

  "So, are you two on a date or something?" Liz asked. 

  "Yes." I answered. Liz grabbed Patti's hand. She started walking away.

  "C'mon, were disturbing them. They're on a date."

  "Okay than. Bye Maka!" Patti screamed. 

  "Are they sisters?" I asked Soul.

  "Yep." I smiled and we continued walking. 

===============================================================================

  After a long day of walking, talking, blushing, and Soul smirking, our date had sadly come to an end. We didn't buy much, just some Skittles and M&M's that we shared. We were on Souls' bike, and he was taking me home. In just a few minutes, we arrived at my mansion. Soul got off the bike, and helped me up. I hugged him, and I could tell he was surprised, but he hugged me back.

   I ran up the long staircase leading to my front door. When I got to the door, I waved bye to Soul. He waved back, and drove down the road to his house. I ran inside, and went straight to my room. I jumped on my bed, and cracked open a book. My phone buzzed. There was no caller ID, but as soon as I read it, I knew who it was from.

   Today was fun. Maybe we can do it again sometime?                  

                                                                             -Soul