Chapter 8

<>Soul's POV<>

The sun was blazing on my head. I jumped off my bike, and started walking towards the beach. I kicked off my shoes, and took off my shirt. I looked at Maka, who's face turned a light pink color as she looked at me. I made my way towards the calm, rolling waves. The waves gently rolled over my feet. I looked over at Maka, who was already lying on her towel with a book cracked open. I sighed.

"Are you really gonna be that kind of person?" I asked, obviously unamused.

"What do you mean by that kind of person? What am I doing wrong?" She asked.

"You know, the person that comes to the beach just to read."

"Hmm, yeah, you're right. Can you come over here for a second?"

"Yeah, sure." When I got to her, she stood up. Before I knew it, I was on the ground, in pain, with a little blood fountain pouring out of my head, and Maka holding a steaming book. "What the hell was that for!?" I said, trying not to cry.

"Hmph." She said, and sat back on her towel. She cracked open her book, and continued reading. After about two minutes, that pain started to fade, and I got up. I started walking away, cause I don't know about you, but watching someone read isn't the most exciting thing to do. After three steps, Maka started to say something.

"You know," she began. I slightly turned my head. "If you're gonna force me to come to the beach with you, you should at least let me do what I want. I'll go in the water later. Okay?"

"Yeah," I said. I started walking away. I saw Kaoru and Hikaru sitting on the beach. I started walking over to them.

"SOUL! SOUL! SOUL! SOUL! SOUL! STOP! WAIT A SECOND!" I heard a voice scream. I turned around, and Tamaki was running towards me. "SOUL!" He screamed in my face.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't let anyone in the girls bathroom! Okay!?" He yelled.

I sighed. " You made me deaf in my right ear just to tell me that?" He nodded.

"Alright," I continued. "But can you tell me why?"

"Umm, toilets clogged! Yes, all the toilets in the girls bathroom are clogged! Okay, bye!" He said very quickly. Tamaki ran off somewhere. He is definitely trying to hide something, but I could care less. I started walking towards Hikaru and Kaoru, when someone else started calling my name.

"Soul!" I turned my head, and Maka was walking towards me. "I finished my book. Im ready to go in the water now."

"Cool. When did you start it?" I asked trying to seem interesting.

"Today, when we got to the beach." I could tell that my mouth hanging open.

"Woah, you're fast." I said, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, and I would've been done sooner if you didn't interrupt me." I rolled my eyes. She grabbed my arm, and started dragging me towards the water. I started walking in, waiting for Maka. I looked at Maka. She was dipping her toe into the the water. I sighed, and dragged her in. As punishment, she kicked some water at me. I didn't care that much, but I kicked water right back. She gave me the death-stare. She pushed me in the water, and a wave rolled over my face. She started giggling.

"Haha, very funny." I said. I kicked more water at her. She grabbed my arm, and trued dragging me into the waves. but failed. I gently shoved her off my arm. She landed in the water. I started to laugh. She grabbed my arm, and started pulling me in.

"Oh crap-" I began, but was rudely cut off by water. Maka stood up. She was watching me, waiting for me to get up. She offered me her hand, but that was a bad move. I pulled her down, but instead of landing in the water, she landed on my chest. Her face was barley two inches away from mine. I felt my face heat up, and Maka's face turned bright red. This was my chance. I've never been this close to her. She wasn't moving. I started leaning in closer to her, slowly. But, I waited too long, and my chance to kiss her was over in the blink of an eye.

<>Maka's POV<>

Soul's lips were right next to mine. But, as soon as they were about to meet, a wave rolled on top of my head. Both of our heads were underwater for a split second. But that wave flashed me back to reality. I was on top of Soul, and he was about to kiss me. A part of me wanted to forget about the wave, and kiss him, but another part said that it would be too awkward. 

"Maka," Soul began, "I'm sorry." Tears started rolling down my face, and I have no idea why. 

"You shouldn't be apologizing, it was my fault." I said.

"No. Maka," He grabbed my hand. I pulled it away.

"I just need to-to wash off." I started running towards the bathroom.

"Wait, Maka!" Soul yelled. He started running after me. I opened the bathroom door, and something that   I never expected to see was right in front of me. Tamaki and Haruhi were on the ground, kissing each other. They both noticed me.

"I'm-i'm so sorry." I said, and started walking out. But I bumped into Soul. "Excuse me, Soul." I said and started to squeeze my way out. Soul grabs my arms. I look at him.

"Maka, i'm really, really sorry. Please don't hate me." He said. 

"Soul, I don't hate you. And I forgive you." I smiled a little bit, but barley. Tamaki and Haruhi stood. "Tamaki, Haruhi, i'm really sorry."

"It's okay, but, we've been keeping a secret from you, and I think we should tell you. But, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Okay?" Haruhi said.

"Yeah. I won't say anything." I said.

"Alright. Well, i'm actually a girl." She confessed. My mouth was hanging wide open.

"Are you serious? Really? Woah. So is Tamaki your-"

"Yes, i'm her boyfriend." Tamaki said. 

"Nice." I continued. "Guys, I promise I won't tell anyone." They smiled. I smiled back.

I went back to my towel, and sat down, looking at the sun set over the horizon. Soul sat next to me. 

"It's beautiful," I said, watching the multi-colored sky.

"Yeah," Soul agreed. After about thirty seconds of silence, Soul began to say something. I noticed his face was getting a little bit pink.

"So Maka," he said, while scooting closer to me. "Can we try it again?" At first I was confused, but then I started to understand what he meant. He started moving his head closer to mine, and I closed my eyes. Our lips met, I felt like the luckiest person alive. We broke away, and I wish we didn't stop. I felt my face turn pink.

"Soul," I began, "I love you." and I kissed him again.