Such a smile, .... It was practically contagious....

"Hi, I'm Elle, my spirit animal is a Chinchilla, Elle said giggling. I am 18 years old. My favorite food is Wendy's,...DON'T ask  me what's my favorite item of the menu that's just like asking me who's my favorite from One direction, everyone giggled,...including Shawn. And I picked Theatre as my elective this year, just like every year, because Theatre is awesome and so is the teacher." Elle said smiling at Mrs. George.

Instead of going around the table, Mrs George insisted we play popcorn instead. Elle turned right next to me and noticed that I was still thinking of my answers (she knows me so well, lol).

"Elle pick someone to go next please." Mrs George said.

"Hmmmmm, I pick Shawn...Shawn Mendes." Elle said with a smile.

I was done of thinking of my answers, and I was ready to hear Shawn's answers. As Elle called his name Shawn seemed to get very nervous. His face was red as a tomato. But how come? I mean from what I've heard about him today, he always has the whole school on his back when it comes to football and winning championships. So what was so hard about him introducing him?

Shawn's POV

Shit! She picked me. I wasent expecting to be the second person to go. I was sweating, and I was shaking. I mean I've been under more pressure,...WAY MORE PRESSURE. But I'm nervous because I really never had to present myself to someone, people already know who I am.

" ok ummm, hi I'm Shawn...Shawn Mendes....oh wait sorry I didn't need to say my last name." I said wiping the sweat off my forehead, SHIT! That was embarrassing. "Ok, may I start over,... Sorry."

"No problem." Mrs George said giving me a warm smile.

Mrs George wasn't the only one giving me a warm smile, that Finn Harley kid whose in my calculus class was also giving me a smile.Such a smile, .... It was practically contagious....

"Ok! Hi my name is Shawn, I am also 18 years old. I really love a good muffin, I said giggling,....but I wasn't the only one giggling, the whole class was in fact giggling, especially that Finn Harley kid, his laugh was......was also contagious, that I even started laughing.

Sorry, ok moving on, um...... my spirit animal is a uhhhh.... lets go with a panda, I said smiling. During this whole thing I always managed to go back and stare at Finn, something about him, was just...nice...and pleasing.

And um... I picked Theatre, because I enjoy it, and I think it's fun." Almost everyone was looking at me in shock,... Like I had just murdered someone or something.

"Ok, that's great! Shawn please pick the next person to go.

"Um, let's go with Finn." I said smiling at him.

Finns POV

"Um, let's go with Finn.".....

Shit! I wasn't expecting that.

Ok, I said taking a deep breath. Hi my name is Finn. My spirit animal is an Otter, everyone awed as soon as I said that, and of course I blushed, I always blush, one of the things I hate about myself, it's so embarrassing. I am 17, I'll be 18 on Christmas, and the reason why I picked Theatre as an elective is because it's fun, ...the teacher is amazing...and because it's my getaway from actual school while being in school.

Before I could pick someone else I was interrupted by a voice.

"You forgot your favorite food." Shawn said smiling at me.

Oh, um sorry..... Uh My favorite food is pizza, I said with a smile back.

"Omg, that was a dick move." Elle whispered to me while everyone else was introducing themselves.

What was?, I whispered back.

"The fact that he embarrassed you like that.

Nah, I don't think he meant to embarrass me. And I wasn't embarrassed at all. I whispered back.

The final bell of the first day of school finally rang.... I was kind of sad. I mean the first day of senior year wasn't that bad, the only thing really bad about it was First period... but that was about it. I was sad because it was time to go home...yes home.

It's time to talk about my family... Ok here I go. So......My mom......my mom was 25 when she had me. My mom was the most popular girl in her school. So popular she won homecoming queen and prom queen. My grandma would always tell me that she loved people just as long those people were nice. NO MATTER what there skin tone, sexuality, background,...she loved them and accepted them just as long as they were nice.

My mom....my mom is...............she's also dead. My mom.... my mom died in labor. In labor with me. Ever since last year (when I found out how my mom really died) I always...still blame myself. I know, I know it's not my fault, but it's hard to accept the fact that your mother died while trying to introduce you to this world. Sometimes I think I should have been a mistake.

But! My grandma always tells
me how happy and how blessed my mom (her daughter) felt when she found out she was pregnant. She said I.... me.... someone who wasn't even born yet cured my mom's depression at the time. My mom was depressed and nobody knew why..... not even my grandma, my grandma just told me that my mom told her that she wasn't  in a depressed mindset anymore because she was going to be a mom, and every time my grandma reminds me of that story it makes me feel happy.

Now it's time to talk about my dad.......my dad.