meet me at the diner down the street after class."

"You told him he has a nice back?" Elle giggled while eating her sloppy joe sandwich

"It just came out!." It was so embarrassing.

"What did he say?"

"He said I had a nice smile." I said eating a bag of m&ms.

Elle started choking up on her milk. "HE WHAT." Elle said still choking.

"Are you, are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah yeah I'm perfectly fine." Elle said wiping her mouth. "So Shawn Mendes the most popular guy in school, football player, all girls want him complimented you on your smile?"

"Yeah........and?" "Your acting like he kissed me."

"THATS NEXT!" Elle said screaming.

"SHHHHHH." I said looking around to see if anyone was staring, luckily no one was. "WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?"

"He likes you, he likes you." Elle said taunting me.

"See this is why a guy can't give another  guy a compliment without people thinking he's gay." I said.

"Okay, okay, but he could have complimented your hair, your personality, BUT HE DIDN'T BECAUSE HE WAS DISTRACTED BY YOUR SMILE!"

"Elle your over analyzing everything."

"Maybe this is your Cinderella story? Maybe Shawn isn't gonna fall in love with the shy quiet tomboy girl, he's gonna fall in love with a guy instead....ohhhh.. PLOT TWIST." She said excited.

"Finish your food, and let's get to class." I said.

It was time for theatre class the last class of the day.

"Ok class I paired you up today to continue our getting to know each other exercise." Mrs George said.

Mrs George was getting to the final couple of groups and me and Elle were still not grouped. We both knew we were not gonna get grouped together because of our friendship.

"Ok final two groups are Elle and Lauren and Finn and Shawn." Mrs George said smiling.

Omg! I was grouped with Shawn. But why? All the other groups were groups of males and females. Why didn't Mrs George group me with Lauren and Elle with Shawn?

"Good luck." Elle said before going to her partner.

I mean I had this feeling, not a "OMG WHAT AM I GONNA SAY" feeling but rather a "OK LETS DO THIS, LETS TALK TO HIM" feeling.

"Hey!" Shawn said coming from behind me. His smile so beautiful. And his...HIS EVERYTHING DAMN IT..YAS SHAWN MENDES WAS A SEXY MOTHER FUCKER OKAY THERE I ADMIT... HES GORGEOUS!

"Hey,....once again" I said giggling.

"It's almost like the world wants us to get to know each other." Shawn said taking a seat next to me."

"I feel that too." I said.

"Ok so you're gonna ask yourself 10 questions and the person must answer the questions truthfully!" The 10 questions could be any 10 questions that your little heart desires!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked Shawn.

"I have no idea." Shawn said shrugging looking like the shrug emogi 🤷🏻‍♂️. "Do you want me to start?"

"Sure!" I said smiling.

"Ok ummm.....have you ever been in love?" ....uh woah! Sorry that was a really straight forward first question."Shawn
said with a tomato face.

"No, no it's ok." I said smiling. "No I've never been in love." "What about you?"

"First of all sorry for asking that, and no.....I've never been in love either." Shawn said with his face still as red as a tomato. "

"K my turn again, um........which actor do you think would play you best in a movie?" I said giggling

"OHHHHH! Thats a good one!", Shawn said with a big smile . You could tell he was so excited by the question. "You know, I don't know!" "I think thats a question for someone else to answer about me." So, who do YOU think would play me in a movie?' Shawn asked giggling.

"Um not fair!", I said giggling, YOU still didn't answer my question.

"Ok! ok! Im sorry ill make up for it!" he said giggling and looking into my eyes. His giggle went away slowly and slowly, it was like he was getting serious, the good kind of serious. His eyes were so beautiful, I don't know they just were, his lazy eye though, it was lazy eye goals.

"UH.....sorry......"he said, breaking eye contact.

"Its ok, don't be sorry!", I said smiling. "SO how are you gonna make it up to me?!?", I said loud and clear.

"Hmmmmmmmm......... get to know me, I don't think it's much of a "making up" but just get to know me, come with me to the diner down the street after class." He said.

"Did, did he......NO.....he's straight he did not ask me out on a date! He doesn't even know me like that! He just asked to hang out, theres a difference between going on a date and going to hang out.........right?

"You want to make up for a question, by hanging with me at a diner?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're right! I'm really-"

"NO! NO!, ill be there! But don't you have football practice?" I asked.

"Im not working today, so it works perfectly then", I said smiling.

"Thats great! Then we'll go after the bell, would you mind walking there?" he asked

"Not at all! just more time to get to know you!" I said smiling.

"He smiled back, his eyesight not leaving the eyesight of my eyes, even though I was starring into his eyes, I could tell he was biting his lips." Our eyes removed from one another..........as the final bell of the day rang.

..............It was time to hang out with "The Shawn Mendes".........OH WHO AM I KIDDING........ It was time for my date with........"The Shawn Mendes!: