1x06

Quote: "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Published: February 5, 2018

|

Chapter 7: "Heart Monitor"

Scott and I just got done grocery shopping because mom made Scott since he ditched school and missed parent/teacher conferences. I got stuck on going with and helping him 'cause apparently guys can't do shopping 'correctly' on their own.

We get to the car garage and Scott sets down the bags he was holding and takes out the car keys clicking on the button and we hear the car honk on the floor above us. "Seriously, Scott. Grocery bags are not light you know." I say as I set them down.

"Crap." I hear Scott say as a milk bottle falls out of a bag and rolls underneath a car as he tries to quickly grab it. It then rolls back with claw marks in it. "Run." Scott quickly says as we hear a deep growl and we take off running.

We run down to the third floor as Scott makes a right and I quickly turn left. I continue running until I'm pulled back behind a car with a small yelp. I turn to see who it was. "Really, Derek. What the hell are you doing?" I question him as he just puts his finger to his lips telling me to be quiet as he takes off.

A couple minutes later I then start to hear car alarms going off and soon after that a cellphone ringing. Recognizing that ringtone I know that it's Scott. I then hear someone being slammed down and Derek saying, "You're dead." I come out of hiding to see Derek pinning Scott down on a car.

"What the hell was that?" Scott questions him when he gets off the car and I follow behind them.

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when." Derek says.

"You scared the crap out of us." Scott says as he points between me and him.

"Not yet."

"Okay, but I was fast, right?"

"Not fast enough."

"But the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?" I question trying to defend Scott.

"Till his phone ring." Derek tells me.

"Yeah, but that was - I mean - Would you just stop? Please?" Scott says as Derek stops and turns to us. "What happened the other night, Zoey getting hurt, that was my fault."

'But I'm fine Scott because I'm a werewolf too.' I wanted to reply with, but instead decide against it and instead say. "I'm perfectly fine though, Scott." He looks at me concerned because he completely blames himself.

"But, I should have been there to do something." He says to me. "I need you to teach me how to control this." Scott then says to Derek.

"Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you." Derek says to Scott and he is completely right because I had so much trouble learning on how to control the shift.

"What do I have to do?"

"You have to get rid of distractions. You see this?" Derek says as he takes Scott's phone away to show a missed call from Allison. "This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her."

"What just because of her family? Wait, wait, wait." Scott says as Derek throws Scott's phone to a wall and breaking it into pieces.

"You getting angry? That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger, by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around."